It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump meets Kissinger - this worries me.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
So he has a meeting with someone who has immense experience in foreign affairs, a professional rather than an amateur.
I refuse to see that as a bad sign.

originally posted by: 1TruthTeller
Kissinger is an Int'l historian. He also was the architect of the opening of relations between the USA and China. So, a very smart move by Trump to sit down and have a discussion with a man who has seen and participated in living history. IMHO

& others:

I'm here to listen to opinions, and discuss,
so I appreciate every point of view.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Well, he has already met with him folks...way back before the nod for the RNC.

thehill.com...

Where is the conspiracy?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

Are you worried as I am about Trump meeting Kissinger

No.

But it should be noted that I'm legally sane....I have a certificate...
Do you have one?

-Chris

I do now, thanks to White-Out.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
If you flip it around from worrying about Kissinger having any influence in the next administration, I can see Trump shaking Henry's hand and asking him if he wants his legacy to be a statesman, or a traitor (due to his and many other globalist's takeover of US government)...

Don't answer now Henry, just think about it as you leave, your actions will tell me what you have decided....

How's that for another speculative position

This is an interpretation I really like.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
No Trumps is clever and just using the "short cut method" to understanding the "lay of the land".....
"You cannot defeat your enemies until you know who they are"
edit on 21-11-2016 by SaloonSal because: SP

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
So he has a meeting with someone who has immense experience in foreign affairs, a professional rather than an amateur.
I refuse to see that as a bad sign.

But I thought all you people were anti-establishment?

But now that Trump says so, the establishment is just fine with you?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: HeywoodFloyd

No, I'm not as worried. The cabal hasn't been defeated and removed yet which is what I'm counting on happening at some point not nearly soon enough for me. In the interim, Trump has to deal with them. He has to interact with them.

What sorts of power wars ensue after Trump is inaugurated remains to be seen.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: HeywoodFloyd

Not worried at all. Saw Kissenger speak of his meeting on the Fareed Zakaria show.

Trump, as Kissenger, described it, is simply trying to get up to speed on the inner workings of the minds of various foreign leaders.

Kissenger's perspective on Putin was quite enlightening. Putin's view of the post cold war era is rather unique and not entirely threatening to the West in general. He does seem to feel unduly threatened by NATO, which is really rather natural in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AlbanArthur

Asking advice or some direction when becoming POTUS and getting marching orders from TPTB are two different things. He is reaching out to everyone and anyone to make sure that when hammers start dropping no one is surprised.

He is not Obama...

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlbanArthur
But I thought all you people were anti-establishment?
But now that Trump says so, the establishment is just fine with you?

In which category of "you people" are you counting me?
Just for the record, I am a Conservative, of the British variety. The username ought to have been a clue.
The right wing on our side of the Atlantic is not anti-establishment, except in the sense of opposing the trendy left (Guardian readers and the BBC) who have become the real establishment. That's why I still find American conservatism so confusing.
Maggie Thatcher is my loadstar, not Trump.
Maggie.

Apart from that, I'm a life-long student of history, and in that capacity I've acquired all three volumes of Kissinger's White House memoirs. That's the basis for my assessment of him as an experienced professional, someone who knows what he is talking about in foreign affairs.
edit on 21-11-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I like your way of thinking

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Why is this old man kissenger still lurking around the halls of American government?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Hope The Trumpinater put Kissy in his place

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Well I would have to point out that meeting him as a civilian compared to after being touted president-elect would be two senarios of total contrast.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: VinylTyrant

He was a nominee for president at the time. They talked about the GOP. The only difference is that Trump visited him that time and now it is the other way around.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

My point only being that at the time they first met his chances were a little more than slim of being in the position we find him in now, Which is the big d#ck in charge. I can imagine the convo to be slightly different
edit on 21-11-2016 by VinylTyrant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Lol! Of course you should've known that he's been a puppet of theirs all along. Of course he's meeting Kissinger. He's getting instructions on what he has to do.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You really don't think he has any power? Unlike many rumored public figures, Kissinger is an actual member of the Bildeberg Group. He's also a member of the Bohemian Club, which runs the infamous "Bohemian Grove". And Jami Miscik, the President & Vice-Chairman of his company "Kissinger & Associates", is on the board of the Council of Foreign Relations. Yes, Kissinger's underling is on the board of the CFR. And those are just the groups I recognize.

Saying Henry Kissinger still has power is an understatement.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: VinylTyrant

My point is that Trump knew he was going to win all along.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You really need to do more homework on Kissinger Pete...just saying.
Rainbows
Jane

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join