It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Militarized Police Spray/Dakota Pipeline Protesters/Water Cannons/Below-Freezing/Many Hospital

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

That's messed up...Where is the ACLU? Where is MSNBC and the other caring news sites?
edit on 21-11-2016 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

All parties agreed five years ago, even the tribe.

There is already a pipeline there that was built in 1982.

It is called the Northern Border Pipeline and there was never a problem.

Nobody protested then, not even the Standing Rock tribe because it is miles from the rez.

They are free to protest at the rez all the want with no problems from law enforcement.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

agreed, this is what happens when you burn government vehicles and use them to block a major highway.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

And yet a bunch of right wingers crying about needing snacks were able to occupy a government facility at the barrel of a gun for over a month with no repercussions.

Let's just ignore the fact that the UN has condemned what is going on at Standing Rock as a violation of human rights.
edit on 11/21/2016 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Yes, it is wise to ignore UN BS.

At least we agree on that point.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

So you have no problem with an over militarized police force that is ready and willing to use excessive force?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

The force used by police is crazy, they look like storm troopers. Using flash bangs and water cannons. Why not a a-10?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

When has the military ever fought a war with water hoses?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I have a water hose or two myself.

I guess I am "militarized" too.
edit on 21-11-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
They are criminal trespassers.

They made the choice to trespass on private property and get sprayed.

It is their own fault.

I agree.

No one just randomly stuck an oil pipeline there illegally and without a whole lot of signed contracts.

Do they really even know what they are protesting about?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Do you think that the water cannon is part of the normal police force arsenal? Do they put those in parades with the shiny red fire engines or what about the flash bangs, do we see those at the summer picnics? No this is police forces being militarized to be sure to they can crush anything and anyone. When in fact if the situation is this bad, national guard should be called in.
Now we have several people who sustained severe head trauma. Guess who will be picking up the tab for the medical care. Not the oil companies.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Now we have several people who sustained severe head trauma. Guess who will be picking up the tab for the medical care. Not the oil companies.

They chose to be there illegally. They were trespassing.

Their fault.

They can pay for their own damn medical bills.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Wrong, if they don't have the income to afford insurance, ACA is already provided by the overcharging to regular insurance or they are on govt medicare/medicaid.

And If i injure a trespasser, I better lawyer up.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Does anyone know of an unbiased factual account of the events from the beginning to now? I have failed to find one. I don't know much about this at all, but I would like to understand why, how it came to this. Don't care who they say is the instigator, I just want to know what EXACTLY led up to this point.

Even biased reports I guess, as long as I can research them and find facts.

Thanks in advance!

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

If it's not blm blocking motorways or sjw walking out of schhools or twitter tirade against the president elect, then its not ratings worthy

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

So you have no problem with an over militarized police force that is ready and willing to use excessive force?

What's excessive? Were they warned or not? Have all proper legal channels been followed? For both sides? No one is breaking the law? Is there a point where they aren't allowed to go?

Like I said before, I would like more info on this so anything would help, with sources of course. It just seems like people on facebookland are all up in arms over this and I'm willing to bet (at least with the people I know) that they are just reacting with outrage over one side posting horrible pics. It's so easy to pick a side when you don't need/want to think, and let people tell you how to feel and how to think. (Not you by the way, just random people on FB).

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

This is ATS -- step back and take a good look at these proposed pipelines:

www.ferc.gov...
rbnenergy.com...
www.landscapes2.org...
pipelineupdate.org...

Eminent domain is being used in many communities, mile by mile. Take a look, how close to your home, your neighborhood?Rivers, streams, and aquifers are being polluted in the carving up of our country --- (not even taking into account fracking) -- once this land is taken it's owned forever by whatever conglomerate energy company. Much of this gas/oil is being moved to ports to be exported, not for U.S. energy consumption.

Who is being played, who is being paid?

How about some respect for a group of people coming together to oppose yet another corporate grab?

We can sit here in our comfortable homes and debate how getting sprayed by a water cannon is no big deal --- in 20 degree temperatures. When was the last time any of us - posting and reading - was willing to get off our warm butts and stand up for something that mattered?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

A good article to begin with about the protests.
nymag.com...

Sunday nights event began with the water protectors attempting to remove burned out vehicles from a bridge on a road that is the main access road in & out of Standing Rock. The blockage was on a public road and it impeded emergency vehicles getting in and out. The only other road takes 30-45 min longer to travel and in a emergent health issue ambulances would waste time by having to detour.

The Couty has promised to remove the burnt vehilces three weeks ago, but didn't so the protectors decided to do it themselves.

They go water hosed ect....for attempting it.

The main problem is that it was in the 20's and the sheriff's dept knew that using water in those temperatures was life threatening yet did that and MORE.

My guess is the county is leaving this road blocked to "starve them out" in a manner of speaking.

One of the biggest problems I have with all this is besides the use of force, to protect a private companies assets is it's currently Native American Month! Yes folks! So lets tear gas some senior citizens and use rubber bullets!
Great optics there...

If this was happening in Ferguson the entire country would be up in arms, but because it's a bunch of Native Americans out in the middle of nowhere it's relegated to Facebook reports and a whole lot of apathy.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The oil pipeline does not go through the reservation.

The main reason for the protest is that the pipeline will travel under the Missouri River, which is the primary water source for the tribe. Given the track record of oil disasters, I think the criticism is valid.

What to Know About The Dakota Pipeline Access

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

Look at the pics, it looks like a war zone. I think if it is bad enough to use military style equipment, but then to start putting people in the hospital with closed head injuries, bad.

If this situation is so bad, call in the National Guard.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join