It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Barack Obama says reality will force Donald Trump to adjust his approach

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: digital01anarchy

Well you know my own nation had rather a large hand in the conception of Israel, personally i think it was a bad idea to begin with laced with insurmountable problems, which history has apparently proven.

America however is not Israel and imho needs a man like Trump behind the helm like she needs a hole in the head. He may not be Hitler but some of the claims he comes away with can certainly be considered to be rather xenophobic.

Yes they handed them the country and told them to play nice with the locals only to be kicked out by israeli terrorist groups when your country tried to enforce the terms they agreed too. Sound about right?

Before you handed israel its country my country had been isloationist that focused on trade and protected out borders until we got forced into ww2. We had an island that people had to visit where they checked everything from health to personal history to be given the chance at being vetted and becoming citizens. Thats basically what trump wants except with one wall along our southern border.

edit on 21-11-2016 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

"Lol do me a favor for once in your sad life actually research how trump plans on funding the wall and why mexico will actually pay for it."

Do yourself favor learn a little manners and decorum, life is what you make it. Whats sad is the fact that you actually consider the notion that Mexico will contribute to the bill for such a stupid proposal.

Mexico will pay for it??? Ile take that bet with bells on!

You dont even live in our country and you sure as hell dont live near our border so you really dont have a clue what the hell you are talking about. As far as dw getting virtue signal stars for his post on the cartel taking the money across its honestly the worst idea i have ever heard of and at no point has any bases on reality. I live and work in a sanctuary city. Drug money,drugs and human trafficing is what the cartel does. Smugging money across the border to avoid a tax lol and using the cartel to give the money too your family o hell no thats asking to get robbed monthly or your parents or family memeber dies because they know where they live if you dontpay worst case. Best case they only steal the money and your family gets nothing. The cartel isnt fedex or money gram its not going to be a 5 dollar charge lol.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Please take a look at this photo of White House staff from Wednesday, November 9, 2016
gizmodo.com...

Are they in shock? Depressed? Mad? What????

Considering they just realized they will be unemployed come January I'll say depressed.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

American was hardly forced into WW-2, think the Japanese attacking the American fleet in Pearl Harbor may have had something to do with it, or so we are lead to believe.

Look at who profited from both world wars and i think you may find it was the bankers on both sides that really won.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

That's a lot of hell's, like a said learn some manners, they don't cost anything.

I live in the UK a nation your own shares a rather special relationship with.

People are entitled to there opinions, especially when there will be a knock on effect regarding Trumps election to the position of POTUS for the rest of the world.

Trump wont fix the cartels anymore than he will fix the economy or build big walls. Mexico darn sure wont willingly contribute to such a scheme. The rich will get richer while the rest of your population gets the same deal that they always have, that being a bad deal.
edit on 21-11-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

People love, love, love to ignore racism...especially if they're not the ones who have to live with racism.

Yes like the racism of BLM, a racist, violent hate group that gets the full support of Barack Obama, the media and the Democrat Party.
edit on 21-11-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Have you ever heard the expression "money laundering?" It's really a thing you know. The cartels run a business. If they can make a profit on something they will move into it. Once again, I direct you to the historical precedent of Prohibition. The mobsters waged bloody war against one another, but ran speak-easys like legitimate businesses.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

People love, love, love to ignore racism...especially if they're not the ones who have to live with racism.

Yes like the racism of BLM, a racist, violent hate group that gets the full support of Barack Obama, the media and the Democrat Party.

Except that it is not an organized group, racist, violent, or filled with hatred. You seem to be confusing it with the alt-right.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Like cartels are going to keep track of other peoples money and give it to their family members.

Absolutely! The cartels are family businesses and have always had strong penalties for accounting irregularities. Compare the situation to Prohibition. Gangsters and otherwise law abiding citizens will trust one another to do business when the government passes bad laws.

Wtf are you smoking buddy they traffic humans, chop peoples heads off and smuggle drugs and threaten the government yet you believe they are going to care about some american sending money to his family in mexico wow.

You have been listening to, too much spanish gangsta country music lol
Or Narcocorrido as they call it.

It just will not work on the level you think it will sorry.
Lol you honesty think they care about 200 dollars to somebody they dont personally know? Come on get real. Family business ahahhaha how many families do you know that make their children and relatives get face tattoos to prove their loyalty? Thats some wholesome family bonding right there! Accounting penalties ahaha its their money and they are dealing with other people who are just as dangerous not some janitor sending money to mom and pop.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Have you ever heard the expression "money laundering?" It's really a thing you know. The cartels run a business. If they can make a profit on something they will move into it. Once again, I direct you to the historical precedent of Prohibition. The mobsters waged bloody war against one another, but ran speak-easys like legitimate businesses.

Yes its that act of taking dirty money and fixing books to make it look legit in a business you own. But how will it get across the border and to the people who need it? I know all about prohibition please spare me. You think people are going to smuggle goods from big businesses into america to bootleg them on the streets? nope! there is a small market even if they up the cost here in america they are better off excepting the tariff over your option for a legal businesses. Again extremes in fantasy land its not prohibition its heavy taxation.

On the money laundering they will simply tax money leaving american accounts going to mexican accounts. Aka if you take out money from an atm in mexico it will charge you a fee based on how big the transaction is or if you transfer the money out of your bank and put it into a mexican bank you will see a fee on the transaction. Or you will have to take your money out and drive it across the border at which point at the border or before it they will charge you a fee to get into mexico. Serously its a losing battle its checkmate bro sorry

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

You say you know about Prohibition but you don't seem to understand how it works. Gangsters make money by providing goods and services that the government prohibits. This can make them appear to be more legitimate than the government. By providing banking services for the Mexican-American community, the narcos will gain legitimacy in that community.

As for moving Mexican goods across the border illegally in order to avoid tariffs, it already exists. It's called "smuggling." Drugs and people are currently the most popular items, but when a market opens up you can count on it being filled.
edit on 21-11-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Except that it is not an organized group, racist, violent, or filled with hatred. You seem to be confusing it with the alt-right.

It always makes me shake my head when I supposed supporters of BLM apparently know nothing about the group or the actions they've taken. You might want to read up a little bit about the violent hate group you support ....
edit on 21-11-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

It always makes me shake my head when I supposed supporters of BLM apparently know nothing about the group or the actions they've taken. You might want to read up a little bit about the violent hate group you support ....

Can you recommend your preferred fake news site?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

You say you know about Prohibition but you don't seem to understand how it works. Gangsters make money by providing goods and services that the government prohibits. This can make them appear to be more legitimate than the government. By providing banking services for the Mexican-American community, the narcos will gain legitimacy in that community.

As for moving Mexican goods across the border illegally in order to avoid tariffs, it already exists. It's called "smuggling." Drugs and people are currently the most popular items, but when a market opens up you can count on it being filled.

First off prohibition made alcohol illegal to own or sell or make. Heavy taxation on normal products will not produce that effect. Yes people and drugs make the most money transporting it across the border. But big businesses are not going to ride that train to smuggle in burrito wraps to make like 30 dollars when they do millions in sales a day. They will take the cut and only make 100,000s a day or they will jump ship build a place here and keep their money here. Regular jobs there will dry up. The mexican government makes money off them however they will be gone. Add all the american companies to relocated to mexico to avoid paying american workers coming back to america do you think they will use the cartel? No they will not. With the border patrol enforcing the laws and given the ability to actually engage i think the game will change.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Heavy taxation on normal products will not produce that effect.

Cigarettes are one of the most frequently smuggled commodities because of taxes. Also, need I point out that our great nation was built on smuggling rum to avoid paying taxes to the Crown? As for bigger ticket items, if it is cheaper to hire someone to drive a truck across the border than to pay duties on it....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join