It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Barack Obama says reality will force Donald Trump to adjust his approach

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Person: "The last 7 presidents we've had? Terrible, simply terrible. Just awful, the whole lot of them".

edit on 21-11-2016 by ghaleon12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
Obama successfully as president fueled race wars to heights not seen in decades and has ruined almost all relationships with foreign allies while in office. I'm sure Trump can do a lot more than what you think he can do.

Fueled race wars?

Pointing out its raining doesn't mean you made it rain. And not talking about the rain doesn't make it stop raining.

People love, love, love to ignore racism...especially if they're not the ones who have to live with racism.

I guess you've been living under a rock the past 8 years haven't you?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

That fruit loop Trump has been dodging the reality bullet for 70 odd years, cant see why he should choose to start appreciating the reality of the situation now.

Fact is its almost impossible to teach an old dog new tricks and Trump will keep on barking obscenities while pandering to the whims of his racist uneducated followers, of that you can be pretty much sure.
edit on 21-11-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Profusion

That fruit loop Trump has been dodging the reality bullet for 70 odd years, cant see why he should choose to start appreciating the reality of the situation now.

Fact is its almost impossible to teach an old dog new tricks and Trump will keep on barking obscenities while pandering to the whims of his racist uneducated followers, of that you can be pretty much sure.

Is that all you Hillary lovers go off of? That all trump supporters are racist uneducated people? Lmfao

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   
there is something really simple and fundamentally different about a Trump presidency compared to any before:

he has a mandate.....he has a core group of supporters who will hold him accountable in ways which previous presidents were not.

If Trump doesnt deliver on his fundamental campaign promises the first people calling for his head will be the people who put him there.....i guarantee it.

However, what Obama is saying seems to be alluding to something people have wondered about for a long time......the first real meeting the incoming president has where they are briefed on all the dark secrets the gov has been hiding. It is this "interview" or "briefing" that has been though to have fundamentally changed or shifted the ways in which incoming presidents conduct themselves with regard to their desire to change key aspects of how the gov is run.

having said that....even if Trump backpedals on most or even all of his campaign promises...i still feel as if we dodged a nuke by having him and not Clinton in office. She made it pretty clear she wanted to engage Russia and that could not have possibly turned out good for anyone...

so.....in the end im still very very relieved.....not happy....but relieved.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Sorry pal im not a Hillary supporter, im not even a US citizen. I simply base my opinion of your new president elect on the nonsensical racist gibberish that has spewed from his puss thus far.

Anyone that agrees with building big walls and banning people of a particular religious persuasion from entering into a nation can and will be considered to be uneducated and/or racist by the rest of the civilized world.

Stands to reason really.

Trump simply says what a significant proportion of the US population wishes to hear, he simply panders to the whims and woes of your people yet has no real idea of how to address or implement the horrendous schemes he proposes or understands the implications. Or at least thats how it seems to me.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

There's no right to enter the US..so let's start there.

Secondly, protecting oneself from a savage 6th century ideology isn't racist, uneducated, or uncivilized, it is prudent.

Same goes for protecting our southern border. Obviously you don't understand America or Americans. But that's ok, I don't expect you to.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   

a reply to: TheLotLizard

Sorry pal im not a Hillary supporter, im not even a US citizen. I simply base my opinion of your new president elect on the nonsensical racist gibberish that has spewed from his puss thus far.

Anyone that agrees with building big walls and banning people of a particular religious persuasion from entering into a nation can and will be considered to be uneducated and/or racist by the rest of the civilized world.

Stands to reason really.

Trump simply says what a significant proportion of the US population wishes to hear, he simply panders to the whims and woes of your people yet has no real idea of how to address or implement the horrendous schemes he proposes or understands the implications. Or at least thats how it seems to me.

Basically you discribed israel's policies! Does the world consider them racist or uneducated lol.
Hell throw in actively committing genocide to boot.
Please spare me the victim card stance it doesn't give you a pass for genocide.

Lol the outrage on donald trump is stupid! Want to see what fascists looks like listen to israeli propaganda its openly and blatently genocidal.

Trump is a damn saint by comparison. What turns most peoples stomach is these same people claiming trump is #literally hitler are the very same aholes who defend israeli policies.
edit on 21-11-2016 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

"Same goes for protecting our southern border. Obviously you don't understand America or Americans. But that's ok, I don't expect you to."

Your quite correct there, i don't understand America these days, and its not just me, but also a significant percentage of the rest of the civilized world.

I do however understand that nonsensical big walls that will cost 100s of billions of $$$$ to construct and police simply wont do what it says on the tin.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I don't disagree with you actually.

But please keep in mind that the US has been very successful not being like the rest of the world.

Referring to the rest of the world as a model to compare to isn't exactly what I would call a good idea seeing as how even Europe is ruled by unelected bureaucrats in the EU.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

"Basically you described Israel's policies! Does the world consider them racist or uneducated lol."

Yes they do indeed considering there treatment regarding Palestinians, thought that one was a given.

Trump wont do half of what he initially claimed, christ he is already reneging on a few of his election promises.

If Trumps a saint, god help us sinners.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

I would ask President Obama what those realities are, specifically, and the reasons he could not act effectively on them.

First, and most importantly, the Constitution. The President's powers are limited, and constrained by checks and balances. Any expenditure of federal funds must be approved by Congress, and even when Congress is controlled by the President's party, local political considerations may lead Congresspeople to vote contrary to a President's desires. Further, Congress as a whole has an interest in maintaining their share of power, so it is in their interest to reject the occasional bill or nominee just to make a point.

Second, the "deep infrastructure." The government employs nearly three million people, many of whom have specialized knowledge and skills, and are dedicated to their career and public service. A President scorns their wisdom and support at his peril.

Third, the real world consequences of seemingly idealistic actions. If a President wants to bring back coal mining jobs by eliminating the EPA, he will add the EPA's 15,000 employees to the dole without necessarily bringing a single job back. And, without the EPA coordinating environmental standards across state lines, the country could become a crazy quilt of varying standards, forcing companies to tailor their operations to meet local laws.

Fourth, this nation has ethics laws. There is strong reason to believe that Mr. Trump, in particular, may either be in violation of them or may stray across them in his future dealings.

Finally, there is the will of the people. Less than half the voting population wanted him in office in the first place. If he cannot learn to behave in a presidential manner the protests may not go away.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Buddy i hail from a nation that managed to elect, a dead pig tamperer for PM. A nation that voted for Brexit with no real notion of what it would entail or how to even achieve such. We are as screwed over here as you lot are over there really.

Its all really just window dressing for the masses which is perfectly illustrated by the candidates put forward for the position of POTUS.

End of the day the notion of the democratic process is laughably these days, probobly always has been really.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   

"Same goes for protecting our southern border. Obviously you don't understand America or Americans. But that's ok, I don't expect you to."

Your quite correct there, i don't understand America these days, and its not just me, but also a significant percentage of the rest of the civilized world.

I do however understand that nonsensical big walls that will cost 100s of billions of $$$$ to construct and police simply wont do what it says on the tin.

Lol do me a favor for once in your sad life actually research how trump plans on funding the wall and why mexico will actually pay for it.
Go to trumps website and click on building the wall it will explain how he will be able to do it.
Tariffs tariffs tariffs, money sent to mexico by family will be taxed. American companies who dont pull out of mexico will see their products and their profits taxed to the point they dont make any money. A massive sucking sound will happen in mexico as american businesses flee. 8 billion in aid held onto and not given. What do you honestly think mexico will do when they have no money? Lol they will build it quickly and enforce it themselves.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   

"Lol do me a favor for once in your sad life actually research how trump plans on funding the wall and why mexico will actually pay for it."

Do yourself favor learn a little manners and decorum, life is what you make it. Whats sad is the fact that you actually consider the notion that Mexico will contribute to the bill for such a stupid proposal.

Mexico will pay for it??? Ile take that bet with bells on!

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Tariffs tariffs tariffs, money sent to mexico by family will be taxed.

Only if it goes through legal channels. Trump's plan will force Mexicans-- even "legal" ones-- to find alternative ways of sending money to their families in Mexico. The drug cartels ship massive amounts of cash across the border on a daily basis. This puts them in an ideal position to become the underground banking system. Trump's plan won't finance a wall, it will expand the narcos' power and make them heroes i the Latino community.
edit on 21-11-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   

"Basically you described Israel's policies! Does the world consider them racist or uneducated lol."

Yes they do indeed considering there treatment regarding Palestinians, thought that one was a given.

Trump wont do half of what he initially claimed, christ he is already reneging on a few of his election promises.

If Trumps a saint, god help us sinners.

Why dont you check the liberal stances on Israel policy from all sjw newspaper companies like washington post and ny times. Yeah they may write about it but the people who own the damn companies are voting for the Israel policies and they are dual citizens of israel and america. Seems its a really good idea for israel and a really bad idea for american and trump is litterally hitler for doing what we have done before non historical israel was even a country.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Well you know my own nation had rather a large hand in the conception of Israel, personally i think it was a bad idea to begin with laced with insurmountable problems, which history has apparently proven.

America however is not Israel and imho needs a man like Trump behind the helm like she needs a hole in the head. He may not be Hitler but some of the claims he comes away with can certainly be considered to be rather xenophobic.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Tariffs tariffs tariffs, money sent to mexico by family will be taxed.

Only if it goes through legal channels. Trump's plan will force Mexicans-- even "legal" ones-- to find alternative ways of sending money to their families in Mexico. The drug cartels ship massive amounts of cash across the border on a daily basis. This puts them in an ideal position to become the underground banking system. Trump's plan won;t finance a wall, it will expand the narcos power and make them heroes i the Latino community.

Ahahhahahha sure it will keep telling your self that.
Like cartels are going to keep track of other peoples money and give it to their family members. Serously the mental gymnatics you people play. Here let me hand the cartel money every month to hand to my family in mexico gee what could go wrong there lol.
derp derp derp. They charge like 4 grand to get someone across the border and their prices will be worse then the tax lol with the added insult of being confiscated if caught. Lets add to it with the people using their service to send money getting caught.
Yeah its not a win type situation for anyone using the cartel to transfer the money like you think. Lets not forget border patrol isnt going to be wrapped in red tape anymore.
And federal aid to mexico coming to a halt. 8 billion plus the money pulled out by businesses leaving in like 6 months they will have a damn civil war because they wont be able to do jack squat.

Buddy serously just stop its already happening with ford its only a matter of time. All mexican businesses getting hit lol what are they going to do run burrito wrappings, beans, and mexican bread across the border through the cartel too. Lol what about our telephones they going to hijack the telephone lines too imagine the cost of making a call to mexico 3 dollars a minute. Lol this wall will be built fast and mexico will do it gladly when the poop hits the fan.
edit on 21-11-2016 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Like cartels are going to keep track of other peoples money and give it to their family members.

Absolutely! The cartels are family businesses and have always had strong penalties for accounting irregularities. Compare the situation to Prohibition. Gangsters and otherwise law abiding citizens will trust one another to do business when the government passes bad laws.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join