It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

BREAKING: Four charged with vicious beating of Trump supporter Yanked out of Car

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

not when you have evidence like this, it doesn't have to be premeditated or shown that they disliked white people before the beating.

the hatred shows in the beating and the taunts.

edit on 20-11-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

No 26 years old is when Obama care stops, or is that not a good indication?

link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: goou111

a reply to: seasonal

Still, liking one candidate over the other and being attacked for it will not fly as a hate crime in court.

Like you have any idea at all what will fly in court. Again how do they know he supports Trump?

Why are you avoiding that question?

I do know 'what will fly in court'. I do not know how they came to that conclusion, that the victim is a Trump supporter. It will be felony assault and not a hate crime. Follow the story, follow the court. You will see what is charged.

You once answered in another thread to show you don't know what would be charged for what action.

Really point out the thread please where I was wrong? Because I remember it the other way around.

You being completely and deliberately ignorant of any laws. just like you are in this thread.

link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Why do you call them kids? Is it the neck tats or the face tats?

They appear to be younger. It was my first impression. The DA will look at age and any prior record.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

not when you have evidence like this, it doesn't have to be premeditated or shown that they disliked white people before the beating.

the hatred shows in the beating and the taunts.

You can keep saying that, but hate crime is not charged easily. If there is any chance it can't be proven, it won't be a charge. Again, watch how the case goes.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Younger than what? I guess my question should be what age do you consider kids to be. I think kids are like 7-14. You start to hit 15-18 and I call them young people, any older and then they are young men and women, not kids.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Still, liking one candidate over the other and being attacked for it will not fly as a hate crime in court.

Like you have any idea at all what will fly in court. Again how do they know he supports Trump?

I do know 'what will fly in court'. I do not know how they came to that conclusion, that the victim is a Trump supporter. It will be felony assault and not a hate crime. Follow the story, follow the court. You will see what is charged.

You once answered in another thread to show you don't know what would be charged for what action.

Really point out the thread please where I was wrong? Because I remember it the other way around.

You being completely and deliberately ignorant of any laws. just like you are in this thread.

About the non pregnant woman on her way to the invisible hospital. You had no idea of what would be charged, how and levels A-D, Felony or Misdemeanor. Sorry, but you had no idea how this works.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

a reply to: Christosterone
Hate crime is not described that way in the US.

hate crime
noun
a crime motivated by racial, sexual, or other prejudice, typically one involving violence.

"other prejudice" Thats the thing.

No matter the definition you find, it will not be prosecuted that way in regard to talking about a political candidate while committing a crime.

We can agree!

They probably won't be prosecuted at all, knowing the justice system.

It was the Trump guys fault.

They probably would have never done that if she had won and he'd have voted for Hillary.

It's actually Trump's fault.

We disagree, then. Completely.

They will be charged with felony assault. Based on each one's record, certain ones, all or none , may be offered a better deal.
I see nothing less than Felony assault D. I am not an asst. DA though. If it is the first offense for one, it may be misdemeanor assault A with a low chance of avoiding jail time. The probation would be long, though. I am guessing at least one of them has a record for a violent crime. If they do, it will be 2 years minimum.

Their records will be looked at, the probation Dept. will give a recommendation, the ADA will make a final decision on what to offer. Some or al will take the deal, some or all will go to trial, it is then up to the defendant. I am guessing the ones offered a better deal will plead guilty to an A Misdemeanor. There could be jail time involved or not.

If the person has a record for a violent crime, they will not be able to escape jail, that will not be offered.

You really have no clue. As I explained in another thread to you it will be assault and battery. Battery being the actual touching of the victim and it will be a felony and might be charged as a hate crime.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Younger than what? I guess my question should be what age do you consider kids to be. I think kids are like 7-14. You start to hit 15-18 and I call them young people, any older and then they are young men and women, not kids.

I thought anywhere from 17-25. I still call them kids. They are not juveniles in the eyes of the law, I get that.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

a reply to: TheLotLizard

No 26 years old is when Obama care stops, or is that not a good indication?

You have to be 27 years old now to be considered an adult? That's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

By Obamacare standards you're considered a young ADULT not a kid. SMH

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

About the non pregnant woman on her way to the invisible hospital. You had no idea of what would be charged, how and levels A-D, Felony or Misdemeanor. Sorry, but you had no idea how this works.

Lol You had no idea and it was shown in that thread. Show me what you are talking about please or stop because you are making yourself look dumb again.

And trying to derail the thread again.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

a reply to: Christosterone
Hate crime is not described that way in the US.

hate crime
noun
a crime motivated by racial, sexual, or other prejudice, typically one involving violence.

"other prejudice" Thats the thing.

No matter the definition you find, it will not be prosecuted that way in regard to talking about a political candidate while committing a crime.

We can agree!

They probably won't be prosecuted at all, knowing the justice system.

It was the Trump guys fault.

They probably would have never done that if she had won and he'd have voted for Hillary.

It's actually Trump's fault.

We disagree, then. Completely.

They will be charged with felony assault. Based on each one's record, certain ones, all or none , may be offered a better deal.
I see nothing less than Felony assault D. I am not an asst. DA though. If it is the first offense for one, it may be misdemeanor assault A with a low chance of avoiding jail time. The probation would be long, though. I am guessing at least one of them has a record for a violent crime. If they do, it will be 2 years minimum.

Their records will be looked at, the probation Dept. will give a recommendation, the ADA will make a final decision on what to offer. Some or al will take the deal, some or all will go to trial, it is then up to the defendant. I am guessing the ones offered a better deal will plead guilty to an A Misdemeanor. There could be jail time involved or not.

If the person has a record for a violent crime, they will not be able to escape jail, that will not be offered.

You really have no clue. As I explained in another thread to you it will be assault and battery. Battery being the actual touching of the victim and it will be a felony and might be charged as a hate crime.

Most jurisdictions don't use the word battery anymore. They just use assault. You were saying felony assault and battery in the other thread and that nowhere near rose to that level.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Lol You had no idea and it was shown in that thread. Show me what you are talking about please or stop because you are making yourself look dumb again.

Me derail? stop talking about the other thread.

No, I cannot look dumb next to you.

However, I am out for the night. This thread has had quite a bit of good discussion. Thanks everyone else

edit on 20-11-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
a reply to: xuenchen

It's Chicago, that man is fortunate they didn't kill him.

Had the situation occurred in a a "castle law" or CHL state, it likely would have been the reverse.
The four assailants would have been lucky that middle aged man didn't put them down permanently.
Realistically, once the first attacker was subdued, the others probably would have fled.

ganjoa

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I would hate to see you call any of these "violent" men and women "kids", it could very well end badly.

Just remember all the guy who got beat had to do was wear the skin God gave him and get in an accident in the wrong place and viola butt beat, car stolen, life changed forever.
edit on 20-11-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Do you think this would have happened if he were the same race as his attackers?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Me derail? stop talking about the other thread.

No, I cannot look dumb next to you.

However, I am out for the night. This thread has had quite a bit of good discussion. Thanks everyone else

Lmao. Do you really think everyone did not see you bring up the other thread and be off topic this whole thread?

The thread is not about if it is a hate crime,

It is about a bunch of "liberal Hillary supporters" attacking a Trump supporter.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

so now your a law expert, here is a word you might be familiar with intent.
they don't have to prove motive, they can prove intent. as in they intended to beat that white boy trump supporters ass and did so while taunting him.

second here is another way they maybe charged being that they did it on the premise that he voted for trump the feds can pick it up as a civil rights violation. that's the big time now.

edit on 20-11-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
here is a update,

Police have arrested and charged four suspects in the politically charged beating of a man in the middle of a Chicago street earlier this month. The suspects, 26-year-old Julian Christian, 21-year-old Rajane Lewis, 20-year-old Dejuan Collins and a 17-year-old girl who wasn't identified, have all been charged with vehicular hijacking, The Associated Press reported.

The victim, David Wilcox, 49, recalled what happened in an interview with The Chicago Tribune: “One of the guys - African-American at the bus stop - said ‘Yeah, that's one of those white boy Trump supporters.’ And I said ‘What does that have to do with this accident? I just want to exchange insurance.’” […] “And then, the next thing I know, the guy said, ‘Don't worry about it, we're gonna beat his ass.’”

both above from here
Gang of Four Who Brutally Beat 'White Boy' Trump Supporter on Video Aren’t Laughing So Much Now

don't be surprised if more charges come.

used this cause it was the first in the search. also if not mistaken the feds have a carjacking law.

Vehicular hijacking is a serious offense in Illinois, and comes with a potential punishment of four to fifteen years imprisonment. In some circumstances, this type of crime is considered aggravated, which is punishable by a minimum of six to a maximum of thirty years in prison.
Additionally, some auto hijacking offenses can carry sentence enhancements which include the possibility of life in prison. Understandingly, if you have been charged with a crime, this process and the potential punishments can be frightening. In addition to prison time, those convicted of this crime may face a potentially extended parole period, a lifetime criminal record, and the inability to find suitable employment. These cases are often complex and will involve an analysis of intent, control, and force. Those facing charges such as these will require the assistance of a skilled Chicago criminal defense attorney with the experience and knowledge necessary to fight this serious charge to the fullest extent.
Vehicular Hijacking

edit on 21-11-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zimnydran
Well, despite what any of you evil racist...bigot.... misogynist..(Did I miss any of the names I am commonly called for supporting Trump?) people might believe.. this surely wasnt a hate crime....nope, no sir, not a hate crime... just some victims of White Repression lashing out at their oppressors.
If this was a hate crime the ACLU would be right on top of it... cause they are without agenda and believe everyones Rights are equally as important

Depending out the crime and the circumstances, IMO I believe the police should not always be called... like this case.... the guy tracks down these wannabe criminals with his family and they beat the crap out of these thugs.... it sends a message to each one of them.

I would not had called the police or made an issue..... I would have waited with 15 to 20 family members AND then beat the # out of them.... old school....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join