It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

BREAKING: Four charged with vicious beating of Trump supporter Yanked out of Car

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: goou111

a reply to: Christosterone
Hate crime is not described that way in the US.

hate crime
noun
a crime motivated by racial, sexual, or other prejudice, typically one involving violence.

"other prejudice" Thats the thing.

No matter the definition you find, it will not be prosecuted that way in regard to talking about a political candidate while committing a crime.

We can agree!

They probably won't be prosecuted at all, knowing the justice system.

It was the Trump guys fault.

They probably would have never done that if she had won and he'd have voted for Hillary.

It's actually Trump's fault.
edit on 20-11-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

If you watch the video right before the guy got beat, one of the assailants said there is one of those "white boy trump supporters". Maybe race does have a component in it. What do you think?
Take a second and watch the video. The actual guy who was almost killed talks at about 3:10 into the video.

edit on 20-11-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: goou111

a reply to: Christosterone

hate crime
noun
a crime motivated by racial, sexual, or other prejudice, typically one involving violence.

"other prejudice" Thats the thing.

No matter the definition you find, it will not be prosecuted that way in regard to talking about a political candidate while committing a crime.

We can agree!

They probably won't be prosecuted at all, knowing the justice system.

It was the Trump guys fault.

They probably would have never done that if she had won and he'd have voted for Hillary.

It's actually Trump's fault.

We disagree, then. Completely.

They will be charged with felony assault. Based on each one's record, certain ones, all or none , may be offered a better deal.
I see nothing less than Felony assault D. I am not an asst. DA though. If it is the first offense for one, it may be misdemeanor assault A with a low chance of avoiding jail time. The probation would be long, though. I am guessing at least one of them has a record for a violent crime. If they do, it will be 2 years minimum.
edit on 20-11-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

Their records will be looked at, the probation Dept. will give a recommendation, the ADA will make a final decision on what to offer. Some or al will take the deal, some or all will go to trial, it is then up to the defendant. I am guessing the ones offered a better deal will plead guilty to an A Misdemeanor. There could be jail time involved or not.

If the person has a record for a violent crime, they will not be able to escape jail, that will not be offered.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I watched it, they were looking to beat someone up, anyone.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Aren't you ignoring the part in the video where the assailant says there is one of those white boy trump supporters?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

well then how's this.

Defined in the 1999 National Crime Victim Survey, "A hate crime is a criminal offense. In the United States, federal prosecution is possible for hate crimes committed on the basis of a person's race, religion, or nation origin when engaging in a federally protected activity." In 2009, the Matthew Shepard Act added actual or perceived gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, and disability to the federal definition, and dropped the prerequisite that the victim be engaging in a federally protected activity.
Hate crime

black people beating a white guy while they taunt him saying you voted( which is a federally protected activity) for trump. don't vote trump. fits the hate crime definition to a tee.

lockem up and throw away the key.

edit on 20-11-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Are ignoring the part if where the assailant says there is one of those white boy trump supporters?

No, I am not. but the word trump will probably be looked at more. 'White boy' will be taken as an insult, but not fall under 'hate crime'.

You can not believe me and just follow the story. I am telling you what will happen.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Do you consider it a hate crime or not?

link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

well then how's this.

Defined in the 1999 National Crime Victim Survey, "A hate crime is a criminal offense. In the United States, federal prosecution is possible for hate crimes committed on the basis of a person's race, religion, or nation origin when engaging in a federally protected activity." In 2009, the Matthew Shepard Act added actual or perceived gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, and disability to the federal definition, and dropped the prerequisite that the victim be engaging in a federally protected activity.
Hate crime

black people beating a white guy while they taunt him saying you voted( which is a federally protected activity) for trump. don't vote trump. fits the hate crime definition to a tee.

loskem up and throw away the key.

Nothing in that law backed up your statement. I am betting the ADA will not charge as a hate crime. I don;t even know who the ADA is, or their political leanings.

link   

Do you consider it a hate crime or not?

I do not.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

If stating his race doesn't convince you, what would?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

If stating his race doesn't convince you, what would?

It would take more than one statement or a clear statement of the hatred of white people in general. This is what the ADA or the DA will be thinking and he or she will not have enough for a hate crime. It takes a lot more than that.

Even if you want it to be one, it will not meet the burden. So, they want to make a case that will stick, They will go with assault.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

So first saying there is one of those white boy trump voters, then beating him because he noticed he was 1) white 2) Trump voter isn't grounds in your opinion to say here among friends that this was indeed maybe a teen-see bit motivated by his ethnicity and the media whipping people up in to a lather?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

So first saying there is one of those white boy trump voters, then beating him because he noticed he was 1) white 2) Trump voter isn't grounds in your opinion to say here among friends that this was indeed maybe a teen-see bit motivated by his ethnicity and the media whipping people up in to a lather?

Not only personally do I not think so, it was a bunch of hopped up stupid kids. But legally, it will not meet the legal burden. I would rather see a good ADA or DA pick the one that will work in case it goes to trial.

Hate crime is hard to prove, and if it goes to trial, there will be several charges. A jury might walk them all if they see even one crack in the victim's story.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
As suspected, a bunch of fumble-flop Democrat supporters.

Let's watch and see what Cook County does with these loyalists.

No, a bunch of stupid kids, as I see from the pictures.

Kids? I see two grown men and a grown woman that are old enough to be responsible for their actions.

Kids.... now that's something that belongs in the funny papers.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

your nuts, the guy was white, the black people said "there is one of those white boy trump supporters"
then while beating him they taunted him saying you voted for trump, don't vote for trump.

the very first part of the definition says " on the basis of a person's race," i bet they didn't drag any black people out and beat them for voting for trump. the the last part says "when engaging in a federally protected activity.

last i checked voting is a federally protected activity, and who you voted for is no one business.

there are two, count them two things that fit. first they said white boy trump supporters, that there is a person's race. second they said, you voted for trump, don't vote for trump.that is there is the federally protected activity.

you need to back off the liberal kool aid and open your eyes.

edit on 20-11-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

You follow the story, you will find they are charged with assault. Hate crime is too hard to prove here. The DA will charge with what easily sticks.

If you disagree, go to law school or call the ADA or DA in charge.

This is not Kool Aid of any kind. this is how the courts work.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Why do you call them kids? Is it the neck tats or the face tats?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

" If stating his race doesn't convince you, what would? "

What would Convince Her would be 4 White Guys pulling a Black Man Out of his Car and Beating him on the street . TRUE Dat .....

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Why do you call them kids? Is it the neck tats or the face tats?

She probably believes that near 30 year old men are considered kids.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join