It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTH? cops are being targeted everywhere.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Another cop was shot in St. Louis today. They are saying he was just sitting in his marked cruiser when someone drove by and shot into it hitting the officer in the face.

T. LOUIS • A St. Louis police sergeant was shot in the face Sunday night when a driver pulled up beside him near Hampton and Pernod avenues and opened fire. "He was targeted because he was a police officer," Mayor Francis Slay said at a press conference at Barnes Jewish Hospital. "He didn't stop anybody. He didn't point a gun at anybody. All of us as a community have to do what we can to help find this guy."

www.stltoday.com...

Then a cop in San Antonio was sitting in his cruiser writing someone a ticket when another person walked up to his drivers side window and shot him in the head killing him.

A San Antonio cop has died after a gunman shot him in the head while making a traffic stop outside police headquarters Sunday, authorities said.

"It's everyone's worst nightmare. You never want to see anything like this happen," San Antonio Police Chief William McManus said at a press conference.

www.nydailynews.com...

Wth? These cops are just sitting in their cars and being shot. It takes a real scum bag coward to do this.

I would not want to be a cop right now and I think there will be a max exodus of cops if this sh!t keeps up. I know lots of cops are allready questioning their careers over this.

edit on 20-11-2016 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Well, you know what they say, "Cops are racist." And they likely all voted for Trump or something too. As we all know, only racists voted for Trump.

Honestly, this is what happens when the press plays every single cop shooting as if it is automatically the fault of the cop. Some of those shootings are bad, but a lot of them are not. But every time, the press trots out its narrative which has the cop tried and found guilty before the forensics team has even finished collecting the evidence.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It's sad police on duty were shot and they were just sitting there. I don't find it to be an epidemic, though.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: goou111

As despicable as any killing is, you can't say you didn't see this coming for years and years. Cops have killed so many innocent people over the years and have gotten overly militaristic and aggressive.

With that said, I don't think this is the people rebelling. I think these are most likely coordinated attacks that are yet another step toward martial law, and the impending globalization.

And I think Trump is the perfect pick for the President that can make this happen. I don't believe he will have any qualms with instituting martial law, illegal searches or filling those FEMA camps up.

+20 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: ketsuko

It's sad police on duty were shot and they were just sitting there. I don't find it to be an epidemic, though.

Just an acceptable statistic in a day in the life of a SJW, hey?

When they are tired of shooting cops that the media labeled racist, what's the next acceptable target for your kind?

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Greetings-

I remember taking 2 rounds right above My head and into a camper I had stopped for having no taillights. I was working the Graveyard shift in 1994 when the City I worked for was in the middle of leading the league in Murders per-capita for the year. I was working My way back to My Beat when a pickup w/an attached; ill-fitting camper spewing exhaust w/no taillights. I made contact w/the driver and was explaining the reason for the stop when I heard 'POP POP' and a round was about 14" above and to the right and then another round went through the part of the camper that was over the cab of the truck... I threw the Driver back His Driver License and told 'Get Your lights fixed..' as I ran for cover behind the front of My car.

Then I had a 'Cranker' point a revolver at Me during a Search Warrant when I worked Dope. The would be shooter was in a closet after We were given the "All Clear" by the Officer whose job it was to accompany the Canine officer and clear any would be hiding spots. I opened the closet and saw the barrel pointing at Me swaying to and fro, I told Him "Put the gun down, it isn't even loaded, I can see the empty chamber..." It was a 5 shot .22 and one chamber was EMPTY as soon as He looked down I grabbed the gun..

It was the best JOB in the world and still miss it and I've been done for 12 years. You see the "worst people" at their 'best' and the "best people" at their 'worst'. I broke My back/neck and My Adrenal Gland no longer works but I'd go back tomorrow if I could. I started at the Federal level and that sucked. Then I worked at a busy Ca. PD that has a great Dive bar across the street and that helps hahahaha

Stay Hydrated...

Proud Member of LEAP•Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Your title.

I'm no genius, but I can imagine allowing things like this to go on and fester, doesn't help.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Police officers murdered by gunfire have increased by 71% this year...

www.odmp.org...
edit on 20-11-2016 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Nor is it uncommon for police to be the target of violence.

iirc it was much worse over the past few decades.

edit on 20-11-2016 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

That may be true, however, there is also a substantial increase in ambush killings.

Those are not as common.
edit on 20-11-2016 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
a reply to: gladtobehere

That may be true, however, there is also a substantial increase in ambush killings.

Those are not as common.

I have a really good friend on the KCPD and he said alot of cops have just quit because of this bs.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

So far this year, there have been 52 cops killed due to violence

www.cnn.com...

Higher than last year which was 36.

Although in 2011 there were 73 cops killed thru violence followed by 70 in 2007.

Interestingly, car accidents are the 2nd leading cause of death for cops:

www.nleomf.org...

edit on 20-11-2016 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

So far this year, there have been 52 cops killed due to violence

www.cnn.com...

Higher than last year which was 36.

Although in 2011 there were 73 cops killed thru violence.

Interestingly, car accidents are the 2nd leading cause of death for cops:

www.nleomf.org...

Those are not all ambush killings. This is cops being targeted and ambushed. Those are way up.
edit on 20-11-2016 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Yes they are.

These are the numbers as reported by the National Law Enforcement Officers Fund as the total number of cops who were "shot".

I dont see that "ambush killings" are being excluded or reported separately.

ETA:

I see your point.

While 73 cops may have been shot and killed in 2011, more than the current year, the percentage of "ambush style killings" is lower.

I would argue that every shooting is bad and probably with the same malice regardless of the specific style.

edit on 20-11-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: goou111
Another cop was shot in St. Louis today. They are saying he was just sitting in his marked cruiser when someone drove by and shot into it hitting the officer in the face.

T. LOUIS • A St. Louis police sergeant was shot in the face Sunday night when a driver pulled up beside him near Hampton and Pernod avenues and opened fire. "He was targeted because he was a police officer," Mayor Francis Slay said at a press conference at Barnes Jewish Hospital. "He didn't stop anybody. He didn't point a gun at anybody. All of us as a community have to do what we can to help find this guy."

www.stltoday.com...

Then a cop in San Antonio was sitting in his cruiser writing someone a ticket when another person walked up to his drivers side window and shot him in the head killing him.

A San Antonio cop has died after a gunman shot him in the head while making a traffic stop outside police headquarters Sunday, authorities said.

"It's everyone's worst nightmare. You never want to see anything like this happen," San Antonio Police Chief William McManus said at a press conference.

www.nydailynews.com...

Wth? These cops are just sitting in their cars and being shot. It takes a real scum bag coward to do this.

I would not want to be a cop right now and I think there will be a max exodus of cops if this sh!t keeps up. I know lots of cops are allready questioning their careers over this.

That assumes the murder wasn't because of a personal matter not connected to law enforcement. Such as if the officer was dirty or banging his wife, exc.

That's even farther assuming it's not a fake story as oodles have been circulating.

See for people to be assassinating cops for political reasons, requires that the murderer be willing to trade his life for a political statement. Random thugs don't do that.. it takes a very speacial Chris dorner or the other couple recent military trained activists who murdered officers.

With all this stuff you gotta ask what's the persons motivation?? Why are they trading their lives to make a statement?? So usually it's a personal attack not a political one.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Well, you know what they say, "Cops are racist." And they likely all voted for Trump or something too. As we all know, only racists voted for Trump.

Honestly, this is what happens when the press plays every single cop shooting as if it is automatically the fault of the cop. Some of those shootings are bad, but a lot of them are not. But every time, the press trots out its narrative which has the cop tried and found guilty before the forensics team has even finished collecting the evidence.

It's Not only racists that voted for trump...

It's just that all the racists entergetically voted for him
but hey let's be fair, that could be said about every republican since 67

I doubt the black racists were hard core hillary fans lol.
edit on 20-11-2016 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Yes they are.

These are the numbers as reported by the National Law Enforcement Officers Fund as the total number of cops who were "shot".

I dont see that "ambush killings" are being excluded or reported separately.

ETA:

I see your point.

While 73 cops may have been shot and killed in 2011, more than the current year, the percentage of "ambush style killings" is lower.

I would argue that every shooting is bad and probably with the same malice regardless of the specific style.

The average officers killed by interactions with civilians is about 50 per year and has been since like 2005.

2016 was on pace to beat that because of the huge number killed in the successful murders in Baton Rouge and such.

But that is HUGELY down from the 115 a year in the 70s and slightly lower rate from the 90s.

Police work has never been a top ten most dangerous us jobs.. falling well behind landscapers and big rig truck drives.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Since people's respect for everyone seems to be plummeting it goes without say that when borderline terrorist groups BLM are openly calling for police to be killed there will be at least a number of jackasses that find this as justification..

Large crowds having marches shouting "oink oink bang bang" is about as blaitant as you can get.

But then in the regressive left climate we find ourselves in this behaviour is not only accepted but almost encouraged..

RA

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join