It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Hearing Sounds/Beeping Codes As I Fall Asleep

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Hello everyone,

I'm hoping to actually find a resolution to this curiosity I have regarding some strange sounds I've been hearing when I sleep. The first time this happened, I was reading The Mothman Prophecies, and I had gotten to a point in the book where John A. Keel mentioned people hearing strange beeping codes over the phone. Well, as I was reading I slipped into a vivid lucid state, and heard not only a set of beeps that sounded very computerized and authentic, but also got an imprint of a hangar with a jet of some sort in it. This was confusing and I still don't really know what that was.

So, the other night, I was in a a bit of a turbulent state, and I was not only hearing some invasive mocking sounds which happens sometimes if I'm in a bad mindset (I am clairaudient, not just hearing things)—but I also heard, again, another set of beeps, although they didn't sound as much like the previous code. I'm used to mischief where I can hear voices and words, but these codes are very puzzling to me. I wonder if they are coming from somewhere, and if so, where? Really confused by this. One theory I have is that my frequency is overlapping with wherever these codes are coming from, perhaps honing in on them (or maybe the reverse). But how and why I have no clue. Could they be computers? Has anyone else had this sort of thing happen to them?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
So you're an easily hypnotizable schizophrenic. What was the question again?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Blumenkranz

Perhaps you have acute Extra Sensory Perception? When you sleep, are there many electronic devices near where you are resting you head or in close proximity? Such as cell phones left on, digital clocks, MP3 players, etc., things like that? You may be hearing electrical transmissions as you fall into a lucid state. Just a curious thought. Good Luck.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
In all seriousness, have you ruled out the annoy-a-tron?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Personally, I've heard an audible set of beeps right as I was waking up and I felt like it was a signal to 'wake up'. These have also been accompanied with seeing vivid rune markings that I'm not familiar with that had a prismatic color. I don't get them often but it definitely feels and sounds like a signal to wake up.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

edit on 20-11-2016 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I get those, mine are caused by temporal Lobe epilepsy. I guess almost anyone can get them occasionally when an impulse hits the auditory lobe of the brain. Also, a sound in the environment can be amplified sometimes and even can distort to sound different than it is because our brain translates sounds, the sound can be different than it is originally.

Cut back on tyramines or aged foods and eat some calming food like soups containing cabbage. Potatoes dampen things a little too, sugar and carbs seem to make it worse.

I can't say if you have this for sure but from my research almost everyone hears sounds once in a while that are not there or are amplified. Our brain has a filtering system to buffer things and it can be altered by diet. Not hearing things is also part of this system, if you are constantly in a noise, our brain filters out that sound so we can hear other things. That can malfunction too and then sounds drive you crazy and you can't think around them. Nothing has to be permanent, it can just be a temporary thing and it will go away shortly.

The computer could possibly be making a sound and your mind is amplifying it, it could be coming from multiple sources.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: 1TruthTeller

I do have some devices nearby that could possibly be the cause, but because of the nature of the experience that seemed triggered by reading The Mothman Prophecies and having had some paranormal/metaphysical experiences before, I suspect the beeping sound was triggered by something else.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Gumerk

That is a very unique experience! What do you feel the source of the beeps are? Have you researched the runes you've seen?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Radio waves or wifi. I don't doubt you. You need to write down what you hear.

How many beeps? How often?

Describe the hanger and the jet as much as you possibly can, there are people here than can tell you what type of jet and possibly where it is.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I hear the beeps sometimes. It's a bit like Morse code.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

The source of the beeps? I don't know, but they are clear and seem to break my sleep state like a signal or something. The runes? Well I can't really remember 'exactly' what their shapes are only that it's rune like and definitely prismatic. Not a lot to go on unfortunately.

I have very vivid dreams and should probably write them down every morning after I wake up but it's hard to do when I'm rushing to get ready for work. I've been seeing the color purple/violet in sleep/trance for about 10 years now off and on, along with yellow/gold, white, red-ish, and green. Mostly purple/violet though.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Ojr shbconscious is exceptionally powerful. I think you need to lay low with yourself for a bit. Limit the stimuli, no substances. Take it easy for a bit.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

This sounds like the wondrous thing called the 'alpha stage' of sleep. It's when your conscious mind starts to wind down and you experience an outpouring of mental gibberish like random thoughts, incoherent ideas, and even beeps and boops (auditory hallucinations.)

edit on 21-11-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
You hear that godforsaken noise too! I was starting to think it was my Wi-Fi!

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   

When I lived at home with my parents around 5-6 years ago I had a sequence play in my mind as I was trying to sleep. It happened quite often and it was not all that dissimilar to dial-up connection tones. It passed eventually and havent heard it since or anything else that is an auditory hallucination.

No idea what it was but I know microwave radiation can cause audible sound so perhaps it had something to do with that? Really grasping at straws here though...

edit on 21/11/2016 by constant_thought because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Synthetic telepathy uses them.
2nd line.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

This is a certain state of mind that is more or less an astral projection portal opening as you enter a phase between awake and sleeping. First, warmly accept these signals. They may get more obnoxious and loud until they stop after you are "through the portal". Second, perform a mental test to determine whether you are awake or not. If you are not awake you'll be able to leave your body from your bed if you so choose to do the astral projection. You may or may not see yourself in bed as you look back. After you leave the bed, examine details around you until they are in proper focus. If you are in a state of astral projection, everything will look just as expected except for minor details. If you get into a state where nothing is as expected any longer, you've shifted to lucid dreaming. There are different tests you can look up online some of which I listed below.

Personally I can just know by thinking about my own state of mind for a moment. If there are impossible things happening, then I assume myself to be not awake. Of course this test would fail were something impossible to actually happen to me but that isn't all that likely. But either way, there are tests you can do including:
1. Raise your hands and give them a look, or clap them together, or rub them together. If everything isn't exactly as normal doing those things, then you are half asleep.
2. Pinch your nose and attempt to breathe through your nose. If you are half-asleep it will feel like you are breathing right through your nose.
3. Strangely malfunctioning electronics are a great sign. Have a flashlight within grasp such as under the covers, on a nightstand, etc. Or maybe an Android phone with a flashlight app. It hardly ever works correctly in a dream. Test the flashlight before you go to bed and keep it well charged. You can then use it as mental state test.

If you are astral projecting properly, you'll be able to wake up and then go to where you were while you were projecting and see what is there even if you've never seen it before. I had only one instance where I was mindful enough to spot an item and then go find it after I woke up.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

I hear the beeps sometimes. It's a bit like Morse code.

Set up a voice recorder. I recommend downloading the app from the apple app store called Dream Talk. I use it to record the Spirits in my House and it is incredible sensitive to the environment around you.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

I'm on Android but will search for it or something similar. Sounds interesting.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join