It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Is Wikileaks and/or Tor compromised?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The timing of Assange being finally interviewed is also suspect imo.
link

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I wonder their motivations especially after all these years to go after him. It's not like the world doesn't know at this point.

Except he still sits on the mother load.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: justneo

originally posted by: CraftBuilder

originally posted by: justneo
... but tor has been compromised for a while now.

Based on...?

Google, who created tor and it says.

"The core principle of Tor, "onion routing", was developed in the mid-1990s by United States Naval Research Laboratory employees, mathematician Paul Syverson and computer scientists Michael G. Reed and David Goldschlag, with the purpose of protecting U.S. intelligence communications online."

Do you really think in 20 or so years the "Government" agencies
Haven't figured out a "back door" in tor. If they already haven't had one from the beginning?

Think about it for a second.
They created it with the intentions of hiding their information you'd think the creators of the system would be the only ones to know how to "crack" the system. And Even if they built it with the intentions of it not being able to be cracked, look at the advancement of computer technology that we get to enjoy as a society and then realise what kind of computer technology the Government would use in this day and age, you still really think tor hasn't been compromised?

I think Crypto currency is a different story however although I'm not all that familiar with how it works but I would think that it's the reason purchases are untraceable when it comes to the combination of tor and using Bitcoin together,
but correct me if I'm wrong about that.

you are wrong. Bitcoin is traceable, and TOR is the biggest honeypot ever. Do not trust it. Do not use it. I personally can deanonymize about 80% of traffic on it, and im not a nation state =)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
@Greengunther/everyone:

Thanks for that information. It really explained some aspects I did not understand well at all. Curious; when browsing within Tor, is it difficult to avoid exit nodes? Or is there a way to determine if clicking/visiting somewhere would take one out of the Tor browser?

And btw, I'm chuckling that the last sentence in my recent post was "There's more to the story than just red or blue and this topic definitely concerns everyone. " and "everyone" was the next poster.

@Indigo5:

I'm glad you asked. No. This did not originate on funnyjunk.com. I was concerned some might think that. The post originated on 8chan(4chan?, 17chan?), but I'm unfamiliar with browsing any chan-related site. Something I apparently need to brush up on. The funnyjunk.com just had the image clearly posted and put that first so that people could go to an actual site rather than just linking the image, which I also did.

Some updates:

A Reddit user (Virtualclownpanda) posted this:

"WikiLeaks emailprovider Riseup.net haven't updated their canary in 97 days.
A canary is confirmation that they have not been compromised, been slapped with a subpeona etc.
11th of November they posted this on Twitter: LINK
Thoughts?

Found this in another sub but imo its worth discussing here as Riseup.net is connected to WL."

And THIS LINK was also posted in that thread, stating they "have no plans to pull the plug."

MOST Importantly, Milo Yiannopoulos (thanks to you if read!) continues to explore this topic and offers more leads and pertinent information as well.
LINK
This could be really good news... or not considering internet trust issues these days.

The article on his site states that a "Bitcoin address connected to WikiLeaks sent out a series of payments with a hidden message coded into them which reads, “We’re Fine. 8 Chan Post [is] Fake.”

Milo states and asks:
"The blockchain that contains it is apparently owned by WikiLeaks – and they have evidently used it to spread secret messages before, according to Bitcoin experts on this Reddit forum."

"But why would WikiLeaks choose to do that for a message as important as one related to the wellbeing of their staff? Further, can we be sure the Bitcoin account wasn’t compromised?"
"So what, then, is the purpose of the Bitcoin ledger message? Are we to assume that the organization’s Twitter page is compromised and they have no other means of communicating?"

It just keeps getting weirder.

edit on 22-11-2016 by gottaknow because: bolded for effect

edit on 22-11-2016 by gottaknow because: increased font size for effect too. Cuz I can and I haven't done that before and it was neat.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

I could definitely see those allegations about the global child pedophile ring and drug operations being run by the CIA being possible. I admit, something strange is going on at Wikileaks. I can also corroborate - from what I know about the NSA, they would be spying on the CIA.

From the original article, the OP there outlines some things that Wikileaks was going to be exposing and that they got compromised. There is also a contingency plan that involves physical travel. This could be real or it could be a hoax, hard to know.
edit on 22pmTue, 22 Nov 2016 16:26:49 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Unless you use a dedicated computer for Tor NSA knows you are using Tor and can see where you have been by your MAC address.
This also is used for tracking your movements on the dark web.

The NSA can care less about HOW you get through they just look at you from both ends.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
a reply to: justneo

You don't need a backdoor for tor lol.
You just need to be an entry node as well as an exit node then you can decrypt all traffic passing through your nodes - or so I have heard.

TOR has never been 'secure'' in the true sense. I've just never been able to discern why law enforcement agencies around the world don't catch more evil people using TOR, it's all there for the taking?

Depending on your level of belief, there has been bust using Tor, specifically through seizure and rerouting of exit nodes. Operation Onymous was one but then you get into some he-said-she-said on a grand federal scale. The FBI and LEO says they have tons of exit nodes while Lewman said it was more likely they had a handful and used non Dark Net investigation to make bust (such as bitcoin following and old fashioned police work).

I don't know how ANYONE would ever trust anything other than some literally direct connection or at the least a privatized, self-run air connection to do their business. Tor is amazing, but there are so many working parts to exploit and I think even if the DOJ and FBI overblow the amount of exit nodes they took, document releases show they had at least some....so why would there be any doubt that Tor wasn't unsafe?

I got on Tor one time and the only thing I ever did was go to their deep net Wiki site....saw the page...walked right back out. Not that I had any interest in illegal activities, but I like learning about things like that. I don't think I would ever trust anything electronic in making a drug purchase or murder-for-hire buy.

Why anyone else does is beyond me

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Wikileaks has put up the 8chan image on my FB feed now with a Statement saying: *
"There are Black-PR campaigns going around recently trying to suppress submissions to WikiLeaks. They are false, but who is behind them?"

It's a response. Reading the comments below it indicate a large number of followers do NOT buy this statement with many asking for proof that Assange is alive.

*I don't know if posting the link will allow others to connect to my FB feed, so I didn't post it. It should be available to anyone's FB that have Wikileaks followed, which I presume anyone following this thread would have if they go on FB.

This, coupled with the recent shutdown of the #Pizzagate Reddit thread really hasn't helped my suspicion levels today.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

anything new on the RT interview glitches?

that # is really odd, I can't believe it's not being talked about more. Is there another thread where it is being discussed?

eta: from reddit

"The glitches were 'explained' somewhere to be an editing feature in newer software to make cuts transition smoothly.

helpx.adobe.com...

Youtube 'morph cut' for examples."

edit on 23-11-2016 by BoldAlligator because: answered my own question

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   

What I cant believe about this matter is how easily fooled people are. The Ecuadorean embassy said they had cut Assanges internet service.

Have these people who believe Assanges internet was cut never heard of wireless computer connection?

How could they not have thought that Assanges supporters would have found a way to get him a connection again one way or another??

Even if the embassy staff removed the internet receptor hardware from the computer, then if one bimbo can get into an embassy to take some bloke a meal, surely another bimbo could also get in to take him a meal....... and also something else.

Are people so stupid that they cannot see that this story about the broken interent is only to mask the fact he wont be seen for some time, if again which I strongly doubt.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Vizzle

Yup.

Anything you send electronically travels over fiber optic lines owned by someone that isn't you. Encrypted or not, someone else can, and is scraping up logs and records.

It's not like anyone of us designed the systems we use. The people that built the internet and all the software can exploit it anyway they wish.

And as far as bitcoin? I never understood how it being digital made it "untraceable" -- it seems like it would be MORE traceable as it's made of 1's and 0's.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

It is pointless for somebody like me to use Tor. It is for subversive people who are up to no good.

Really? I use Tor on a regular basis (in fact one laptop runs a Tor/VPN combo exclusively) and I'm certainly not "up to no good".

Saying only bad people use Tor is like saying only racists voted for Trump. Plenty of people do both as a matter of principle.

The difficulty with labeling people is that eventually the labels will extend to you. After all, only "subversive people who are up to no good" congregate on ATS and post under usernames that hide their real identity from the world, right? Good people would surely post their full name and address in their sigline...

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

As a matter of course everything is assumed compromised. In spycraft isn't it always said (in the movies at least) 'trust no one'? That is the only sane realistic assuption to make vis a vis the media. And by media I mean anything we obtain via the internet, not just conventional broadcast radio or TV.

"Trust no one" is so much the more applicable if we live in a simulation universe -- but even if that theory is not certain, Wag the Dog is certainly a template for what is already going on. Julian et. al. are not above manipulating public opinion for whatever personal reason. To assume otherwise would be naive and foolish. It's quite possible that Pizzagate is an ultrasophisticated exercise in legal libel. How do we know any of those messages ever got sent?

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

But Bob, you're obviously 'Eviller' than the average Bob, so doesn't that mean you're up to no good by default?

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoldAlligator

anything new on the RT interview glitches?

that # is really odd, I can't believe it's not being talked about more. Is there another thread where it is being discussed?

eta: from reddit

"The glitches were 'explained' somewhere to be an editing feature in newer software to make cuts transition smoothly.

helpx.adobe.com...

Youtube 'morph cut' for examples."

I know. I have been following this for a few weeks now and every day, I keep expecting something... ANYTHING... to show up in MSM, but nope - nothing. JA is almost a national hero here (in Aus), so I'm floored by the total lack of concern. It's crazy!

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Vizzle

you are wrong. Bitcoin is traceable, and TOR is the biggest honeypot ever. Do not trust it. Do not use it. I personally can deanonymize about 80% of traffic on it, and im not a nation state =)

:cough:....bull#.....:cough:

No you can't.

And be careful before you type. I actually *do* know wtf I'm talking about.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

There is only *one* truly secure comms system.

It's called a one-time pad.

Everything else is a risk/reward ratio thing re: what and how it get's used.

It really is that simple. And that complicated.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Been busy all day cleaning and prepping for T-Day and have to get up in 5 hours, but still got a little new info.

lavaliere on Voat has linked a statement regarding the Wikileaks insurance files being hacked by a person who left the channel directly afterwards due to recent Reddit moderator scandals.

LINK

Original archived conversation: LINK

I do not have understanding of these hacks or codes myself, but perhaps someone here can make use of it.

lavaliere goes on to say:

"This means Wikileaks has been compromised for almost all of this year, that Seth Rich was the DNC leaker and a martyr, that there's another unknown to us leaker/martyr, and that Wikileaks is effectively dead."

"On second thought, the second leaker might be the missing former Clinton Foundation CEO, Eric Braverman"

Other than this, I can find nothing new today.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: gottaknow

Did anyone else listen to Steve Peczienik(sp?) on the Alex Jones show a week or so ago? He claimed that he and his former CIA colleagues have been working with Wikileaks throughout the election to get Trump elected. I'm almost 100% sure he said they were WL's source for all the Clinton and DNC stuff...I remember thinking "holy sh*t" when he said it.

This could very well be disinfo, which begs the question what is the motive for it. Or maybe it's true. I need to go back and listen to it again because though I'm not quite sure how yet, this is an important piece of the puzzle.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Yea, I'm sure Assange would have a sim card or 2 hidden in the sole of his shoe, and should be able to stick it in a laptop, phone etc. and hack his way onto the cell network? Unless 'cutting the internet' means confiscating any and all electronic devices?

I have serious doubts about this man breathing at this current point in time.
Maybe they are just prepping the Clinton owned, Assange clone?
Hehe

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join