It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Wikileaks and/or Tor compromised?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Trying to investigate this fresh avenue of terrifying possibilities.

There is a SS of a series of posts from someone who claims Wikileaks has been compromised. Direct link to image.

In the image he states he and 14 others at Wikileaks were raided at the same time Assange's internet was cut at the Ecuadorian embassy. He was given a security gag order and his equipment was seized involving the CIA and GHCQ. He claims there is "an incredible charade to keep up the appearance that Julian is fine."

It's quite the scary read and the author says he is in danger, under a gag order and is trying to warn others. When confronted about him not using Tor, he responds that the exit nodes are compromised there as well and owned by intelligence agencies.

Reddit has it's own thread regarding the possibility of Wikileaks being compromised and none of this looks good so far.

There is considerable reference claiming of evidence for child exploitation by the Clinton Foundation, the drug market being controlled by intelligence agencies to fund black projects and the pedophile ring surrounding

If this is true, this is a gigantically bad situation and needs more attention.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Yes. This needs awareness.

The elites are being exposed. Big conspiracies turn out to be real. Be on it people!

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

This makes a little too much sense.

Thank you for sharing this.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Im not sure about Wikileaks, but tor has been compromised for a while now.

As for the Wikileaks lots of weird things going on atm

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: justneo
... but tor has been compromised for a while now.

Based on...?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Maybe Pam goes to visit to deliver a message. Julian escapes the embassy with the help of staff and the arport closes down to search for him. Then last Sunday Pam comes again to visit Julian putting the necktie on the cat making us think he's there. As for the interview with Pilger he is making it seem as if he did the interview more recently to make the government think he's there. But he has hopefully escaped to somewhere safe.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
It was said years back that US intel agencies operated more than half the exit nodes on TOR network. Not sure if it's true, but it wouldn't be difficult for this to be the case. It's just not many resources to make it happen.

Controlling the vast majority of exit nodes for a targeted area is even more likely.

As for Wikileaks being compromised? Well... when was his internet cut, and when did all the Podesta Emails start?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
There has apparently been speculation that the exit nodes of Tor have been in jeopardy from the NSA since about a year ago.
I haven't begun to delve into Tor/Dark web searching myself yet, but have been seeing that as more of a possibility as of late due to what seems to be a tightening of control over Google searching/etc.

I DO know that Wikileaks itself (and the twitter) has had an unusual feel to it these last few weeks. There's less of an "urgency" to it and an almost casual feel to the posts on the twitter as of late.

And now, THIS just got posted claiming this as a hoax and don't think I haven't been looking up all over the web in the past couple hours.
He claims: "But the report that Julian Assange is missing is almost assuredly false. SuperStation 95 is known for churning out conspiracy theories with either a loose connection to the truth, or sometimes outright fabrications. In fact, the rumor-busting site Snopes has even compiled a number of false claims emanating from the site."

Now, I don't know about others here, but my trust in Snopes has plummeted over the last few months. They are mighty quick on the draw lately for a small familial group of sleuths investigating what must be hundreds of claims a day. That and their decidedly MSM lean has been more than obvious.

Here's the Superstation link referring to this issue. The author is referring to this being a fake news site: LINK

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

It IS a fake news site. The question is if the claim originated from that source, or was just picked up and run with later on.

There's really no reason for the NSA not to control the majority of exit nodes since it was released. The protocol was created by darpa. You can run it off a cheap vps. It would be a huge bargain for them to put the resources into it compared to conventional means.
edit on 20-11-2016 by SignalMal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SignalMal

I agree. There's nothing on that site that makes it seem like they are the originators of this posting.

I'm willing to accept that site is suspect, yet they do reference this interesting AMA post that poses even more questions on this theory. Will be reading on this for a bit.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I've been on the fence for a solid month now.. I felt Wikileaks tweets were seriously odd after the internet was cut to the embassy (then restored)... Nothings seemed right, but a lot of the releases after the fact were pretty bad, which through me off.. I do wonder if Assange is well or not, and I wonder why he hasn't done a live stream or walk by a window to show the world he's fine... Odd stuff

it's obvious there were multiple hits/attempts done on him.. From the guy who got away after trying to scale the Embassy wall. And then we saw the internet get cut when heavily armed men were outside... We also have Hillary discussing "Droning" him... This dude has had multiple targets on his head, him being gone wouldn't surprise me in the least
edit on 20-11-2016 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This Q&A from that above-mentioned Reddit AMA doesn't make me feel better either:

Q: Why have you been silent about Assange's situation at the embassay?

A: We at the team are monitoring his situation very closely. It is of course highly concerning that his internet is still severed without explanation. He has over the period occasionally been able to do interviews in person or over the phone which showed publicly he was still alive.

Generally the staff, except a couple that have a public profile do not speak publicly. There are obvious security risks for the team (a US secret Grand Jury still continues to this day), however, we have at this moment decided to do this AMA as a team to answer questions at this difficult time when we are very aware that our editor's communications situation is tricky.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Wikileaks has been compromised since at-least 2010, when Assange said that 9/11 Truth was a false conspiracy:

"I'm constantly annoyed that people are distracted by false conspiracies such as 9/11, when all around we provide evidence of real conspiracies, for war or mass financial fraud."
edit on 20-11-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Eww, I don't trust that source.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder

originally posted by: justneo
... but tor has been compromised for a while now.

Based on...?

Google, who created tor and it says.

"The core principle of Tor, "onion routing", was developed in the mid-1990s by United States Naval Research Laboratory employees, mathematician Paul Syverson and computer scientists Michael G. Reed and David Goldschlag, with the purpose of protecting U.S. intelligence communications online."

Do you really think in 20 or so years the "Government" agencies
Haven't figured out a "back door" in tor. If they already haven't had one from the beginning?

Think about it for a second.
They created it with the intentions of hiding their information you'd think the creators of the system would be the only ones to know how to "crack" the system. And Even if they built it with the intentions of it not being able to be cracked, look at the advancement of computer technology that we get to enjoy as a society and then realise what kind of computer technology the Government would use in this day and age, you still really think tor hasn't been compromised?

I think Crypto currency is a different story however although I'm not all that familiar with how it works but I would think that it's the reason purchases are untraceable when it comes to the combination of tor and using Bitcoin together,
but correct me if I'm wrong about that.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   
More on the subject from WeAreChange.org. LINK

In it, there's a statement from Wikileaks stating "Black-PR campaign posts going around recently trying to suppress submissions to WikiLeaks. False, but who benefits?"

There's also a very nice timeline of events on that site worth looking at.

Now, I don't know why, but if I just go to the Wikileaks twitter search on Google, I don't see that response. I just get this page. LINK Is it because I'm not logged in/member of Twitter? Is it something I'm not getting about the Twitter app itself?

I seriously suspect there's more to this.
edit on 21-11-2016 by gottaknow because: added information.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Be sure it is and always was. Do you think "they" (always get flashes of "They Live" aliens when I use that collective pronoun) would release such an all powerful tool as untraceable internet to get into the hands of the masses?

It is serving a certain need as a way to monitor certain criminals giving them the false security that their moves are not being scrutinized. It serves other needs tied up with Bitcoin. Bitcoin is certainly an experiment and precursor of the dreaded digital cashless world currency. I think certain Tor Traders are left along because they are in the mix, but, like all gangs, there is an inside club and an outside club. I expect it is crawling with undercover this and that.

It is pointless for somebody like me to use Tor. It is for subversive people who are up to no good. All the leaks that come from there now are deliberate and political. Clinton was brought down this way.

Poor Julian is just a pawn in a game like Nicholas Urfe in "The Magus" by John Fowles. There is no need to hype his misdery because we all know what years of this shut up stress must be causing him. He is a wanted man. Unfortunately they are like the Canadian Mounties and always get their man.

All digital communication is recorded and monitored. There is no exception. What your ISP does not see other more clandestine eyes will be regarding with even more detailed scrutiny.

edit on 21-11-2016 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

Do you think "they" (always get flashes of "They Live" aliens when I use that collective pronoun)

At this point, that wouldn't surprise me either....
edit on 21-11-2016 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   

As far as the Tor thing goes there was some info from Snowden I believe regarding the NSA or GCHQ setting up false exit nodes to monitor data, so that part is true. The rest, your guess is as good as mine but it feels very detailed and given the way Wikileaks has been behaving, plus Julian's apparent absence I am leaning towards this being true.
edit on 21/11/2016 by constant_thought because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Considering the promises Assange was making and the less than spectacular info coming from WikiLeaks my guess is the government has already taken it over and has him in custody.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join