It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faster than light communication to the past is very possible

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

"supermemory" is an interesting term, I've read about quantum applications for supermemory that would allow unimaginable sorting and storage capacities, we can't cut and paste descriptions because of the unobtanium rules though.

Supermemory in the classic sense can be shared dreams involving global participation of millions..

Here on ATS some of us can eve travel back in time using the John Titor www.bibliotecapleyades.net....

The results are usually kind of esoteric though, for example I recently learned that purple WW2 Japanese military pants were actually another timelines surplus from WW1.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

I agree, the term "supermemory" is very interesting. Here's how they used it in the article:

Another example of temporal entanglement comes from a team led by Stephen Brierley, a mathematical physicist at the University of Cambridge. In a paper last year, Brierley and his collaborators explored the bizarre intersection of entanglement, information and time. If Alice and Bob choose from just two polarizer orientations, the correlations they see are readily explained by a particle carrying a single bit. But if they choose among eight possible directions and they measure and remeasure the particle 16 times, they see correlations that a single bit of memory can’t explain. “What we have proven rigorously is that, if you propagate in time the number of bits that corresponds to this Holevo bound, then you definitely cannot explain what quantum mechanics predicts,” said Tomasz Paterek, a physicist at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore, and one of Brierley’s co-authors. In short, what Alice does to the particle at the beginning of the experiment is correlated with what Bob sees at the end in a way that’s too strong to be easily explained. You might call this “supermemory,” except that the category of “memory” doesn’t seem to capture what’s going on.

What exactly is it about quantum physics that goes beyond classical physics to endow particles with this supermemory?

www.quantamagazine.org...

When I think of supermemory, I think of a computer. The reason there's this supermemory is because space stores information about these particles. John Preskill had an interesting talk asking is spacetime a quantum error correcting code.

I explain entanglement by looking at subatomic particles as pixels on the spacetime screen. There was a recent test that again showed no signal between entangled particle pairs. When people try to explain this in terms of materialism, it makes no sense. It's "spooky action at a distance."

I design websites and this makes perfect sense in the context of computation.

I can write a program where red dots randomly move across the screen. I can write into the program that when these dots become entangled, when you click a red dot the dot it's entangled with instanly turns green. There wouldn't be any need for a signal between the 2 dots and now it's just a matter of memory and processing power.

If you expand your computer screen to the size of the universe and you have enough memory and processing power, a dot can be in Alpha Centauri and another dot in the Milky way and as soon as I click one dot the dot in the other galaxy will instantly turn green and you don't need any signal between them.

This also explains why particles can be entangled in space and time. They're running a program that we experience as the universe.

It makes no sense from a physical standpoint.

I think the universe is a projection of 2D information that gives us a 3D experience. It's no surprise that you have digital image correlation and pixels in an image can be correlated.

Think about that for a second. Pixels in an image can be correlated and we find that paticles can be correlated in space and time. This ties in perfectly with the holographic principle. Our universe is just a projection (image) of information on a 2D surface area.

Digital image correlation

en.wikipedia.org...

Statistical correlations between two-dimensional images and three-dimensional structures in natural scenes.

www.cnbc.cmu.edu...
edit on 24-11-2016 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join