It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faster than light communication to the past is very possible

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: imjack

originally posted by: neoholographic
a reply to: imjack

What? we know non locality has been clocked at 10,000 times the speed of light. You're also caught up on the word "TRAVEL." Where did I say information is "TRAVELING" anywhere?

This is why I said people have to let go of the illusion of classical time separation.

So a person on August 8th 2018 at 2:15 PM is at one point in space and the same person at June 12th 2017 at 4:30 PM is at another point in space. So instant communication is just communication between these 2 points

This part is nonsense. You're saying an 'instant' communication between these two points allows for communication 'backwards in time'. No matter how much you want to argue the semantics of what this means, doesn't change the fact this doesn't work with how Quantum Entanglement works.

You cannot 'receive' information on a 'Quantum network from the future' with Quantum Entanglement, without one entangled particle in the past, and one in the future. This isn't possible.

What? This makes no sense and I can't decipher what you're trying to say. You haven't included any actual evidence to support anything you're saying.

This exact setup has been shown to occur in things like the quantum eraser experiment and the quantum entanglement swapping experiment.

Quantum physics mimics spooky action into the past

Physicists of the group of Prof. Anton Zeilinger at the Institute for Quantum Optics and Quantum Information (IQOQI), the University of Vienna, and the Vienna Center for Quantum Science and Technology (VCQ) have, for the first time, demonstrated in an experiment that the decision whether two particles were in an entangled or in a separable quantum state can be made even after these particles have been measured and may no longer exist. Their results will be published this week in the journal Nature Physics.

According to the famous words of Albert Einstein, the effects of quantum entanglement appear as "spooky action at a distance". The recent experiment has gone one remarkable step further. "Within a naïve classical word view, quantum mechanics can even mimic an influence of future actions on past events", says Anton Zeilinger.

phys.org...

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

You can't even understand your own source from your OP is my argument. Focus less on me.

The marvel of entanglement experiments is they defy logic of distance. Nothing implies time-related anything.

You made this whole thread, and demand I give you evidence to debunk your solo theory that you don't even source, other than related-science terms you jumble together. That's not 'evidence' are you serious?

phys.org...

That's better.
edit on 20-11-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: rickymouse

It would put an end to lotteries.

In that case it would have already happened. All the proof I need that this is impossible.

And this is NOT actually faster than light. It has no speed at all.

As I put on my tinfoil hat, I'll suggest that you're wrong. If it is possible, there's no way normal citizens would ever find out about it. Put it like this: if I had this technology, I'd use it to reshape history & wouldn't even waste my time with normal citizens. And the Machiavellian streak in me would make a pretty fortune on the side through this technology without ever alerting the public.

It's like psychics and mind readers. if they really exist, why would they waste their time on magic shows and psychic hotlines? They could easily make obscene fortunes by catering to the world's powerbrokers without the info ever becoming public.

Or an even more sinister example, what if the real secret to the Rothschild's power is this technology to commune with future members of their clan? They'd easily be able to warn each other of major world events (which could be gambled on), as well as the changes in the markets (which would be like the ultimate insider trading laws). Even if the technology only allowed them to communicate 6hrs into the past, that would be like the ultimate "do overs" for business deals and other major events.

So in short, we could be living in the altered timeline without ever knowing it. Or the technology may only be able to go back in time a short amount, which would make noticing it virtually impossible.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

You said:

Nothing implies time-related anything.

LOL, did you just read the article:

phys.org...

Again, you haven't presented a coherent argument that refutes anything that has been said.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

You said:

phys.org...

Again, you haven't presented a coherent argument that refutes anything that has been said.

I just read it. The notion it does what YOU suggest is ludicrous.

What the hell is with the theme of presenting false evidence and then demanding evidence to tear down straw man arguments?

You want a god-damned source and you can't even understand the basic way entanglement works. It's your case, and YOU want a source of someone saying it doesn't work the way you misread it, something that ALSO doesn't exist.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: imjack

You said:

phys.org...

I just read it. The notion it does what YOU suggest is ludicrous.

What the hell is with the theme of presenting false evidence and then demanding evidence to tear down straw man arguments?

You want a god-damned source and you can't even understand the basic way entanglement works. It's your case, and YOU want a source of someone saying it doesn't work the way you misread it, something that ALSO doesn't exist.

LOL, this is just meaningless. You said nothing and you haven't presented any evidence to refute anything that's being said.

Why should anyone accept your blind opinion when it's obvious you can't refute anything I'm saying in a coherent manner?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I did and you blew it off. I'll try one more time.

Explain to me how you entangle a particle from the future. You can cry I haven't made legitimate points, and disregard my same single question.

None of your sources even say what you're saying. Even the most related one.
edit on 20-11-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I think if we look at this technology through our eyes at this current moment, it's hard to grasp. The science behind it is pretty straight forward but it's hard to accept communicating with yourself in the past. 50-100 years from now it will seem strange to be without a quantum computer network.

Einstein as well as quantum mechanics tells us the distinctions between past, present and future are an illusion. This alone makes it easy to see how communicating with the past is possible.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: rickymouse

It would put an end to lotteries.

In that case it would have already happened. All the proof I need that this is impossible.

And this is NOT actually faster than light. It has no speed at all.

Key point here - quantum communication would have no speed, no acceleration. I'm not sure about this next point, but I think it could even be said it covers no distance at all, regardless of the measurable space between the points of communication?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Anyone seen the new film "Arrival"?
I won't do any spoilers but maybe it's the same as the Weapon.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKWO1Phot
Anyone seen the new film "Arrival"?
I won't do any spoilers but maybe it's the same as the Weapon.

I heard Arrival was a good movie. I will have to check that out this week.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Yeah it's not too bad. Certainly a different twist than your standard alien movies.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Its all Brans fault!

youtu.be...
edit on 20-11-2016 by Templeton because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
An analogy for QE is to cut a coin in half. When you look at your side and it's heads, then you know my side is tails. Even if time is an illusion, we still can't send half a coin to the past or future. Maybe quantum eraser experiments imply that one day it might be possible. Or they may be explained by another theory such as pilot wave.

The first article is interesting, but it simply describes a new technique to build quibits. Electrons are trapped in a Zinc/Selenium/Telluride material and information is encoded/decoded/transferred with light. This is an improvement toward making stable quantum computers, but has nothing to to with entanglement.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Well, I think the posit here is off the wall, frankly. However, I have always wondered about something which might make this "illusion" more real.

Imagine for a moment if all time exists at the same time. In other words, time is not linear like how we perceive it to be. Rather than progressing in time along a single unique timeline, we actually step from timeline to timeline. To picture this imagine each 'timeline' existing as a vertical line, and our perception of time is actually a horizontal line. Every eventuality for each timeline exists in the vertical line, but because we step across a timeline each second (or some interval) not all eventualities are realized in the same way by any two people. This is a simplistic explanation because likely this example should include a 'z' axis also, but it serves well enough to illustrate the basic premise.

It is an abstract concept, yes, but there do seem to be some elements of science and physics which defy our understanding of "time" and how it truly fits into the laws of physics. Einstein wrestled with time, and so have many other physicists. The more we learn of our physical world, the more time and our understanding of it becomes more problematic.

Perhaps "we" are the problem, perhaps our preconceived notions and our very mortality are the limiting factor.

edit on 11/20/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I like others here am baffled as to why you are drawing the conclusion that this allows communication to the past or future, that's simply not how this works.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr
I like others here am baffled as to why you are drawing the conclusion that this allows communication to the past or future, that's simply not how this works.

Why are you baffled?

You or anyone else on this thread haven't presented any evidence that shows why this would be prevented from occurring. You keep saying things like, that's not how this works but you guys don't provide a shred of evidence to support what you're saying.

Why should anyone believe you? Should people just blindly accept what you're saying? You or anyone else haven't provided a shred of evidence just statements in a vacuum that don't refute anything.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Could it be Accomplished using say , Radio Waves as in the Film - Frequency ?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Interesting concept.. if all vertical timelines are the same, then wouldn't it require a sloped line in the x axis?

I recall something about brain surgery and the brain reacting before the actual stimulus.. like precognition.. not sure if it was debunked though.

That makes me think.. maybe time is not one directional. Like two steps forward and one step back. Sort of oscillating or ringing like a bell. Maybe we return to the Big Bang before each new instant! Or even further.. 14 billion years into some negative time / antimatter universe. Back and forth, 28 billion years between each second of you life

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Have you heard the moon is made of cheese argument? I say the moon is made of cheese. Can you prove there is not one speck of cheese up there? No, but logic says there is not, therefore the burden of proof is on me to find evidence of the cheese.

So, time travel and time traveling communication may be possible, you need to be the one showing convincing proof in favor of it. Not other people disproving a theory, which is often impossible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join