It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faster than light communication to the past is very possible

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Quantum principles like entanglement will enable us to communicate instantly which would mean faster than light. It will also allow us to communicate with the past and the future.

Here's a recent test:

A Quantum Era: Scientists Now Closer to Instantaneous Information Transfer Between Matter and Light

Scientists from the Polytechnique Montreal and France's Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS) have brought the world closer to a time when information can now be transferred instantaneously.

According to Science Daily, a paper published in Physical Review Letters has documented the creation of a qubit in zinc selenide that makes it possible to produce an interface between quantum physics and the transfer of information at the speed of light.

www.natureworldnews.com...

Here's another one that happened earlier:

Quantum Entanglement And Faster Than Light Data Transmission

Over the past week there has been quite a buzz in the scientific community over a Dutch experiment reliably transmitting data instantly between two electrons via quantum entanglement. While many reports are sensationalizing the discovery, referring to it as a breakthrough in ‘teleportation’, there’s something almost as exciting as physical transportation already proven possible in the experiment: instant communication! While scientists have reached a 3-meter(or 10-foot) range with a 100% success rate, worldwide implementation would revolutionize communication. Instant text messages, infinitely scalable internet bandwidth, and sub-millisecond(or even sub-measurable) latency. Even now, our fastest long-distance communication efforts are too slow to be pushed any further. NASA, one of the foremost names in high-tech, has to wait 13-minutes to remotely issue a command to the Curiosity rover.

www.legitreviews.com...

This means we have to realize that we live in a quantum reality and the classical world is just an "emergent property" of quantum mechanics. The classical world gives us an illusion of separation and like Einstein said, the distinctions between past, present and future is just a persistent illusion.

So, a person in 2018 can communicate with themselves in 2017 if we create these quantum communication networks in 2017. This is because we can no longer look at reality based on time separation. We have to look at the past, present and future as existing points in spacetime.

So a person on August 8th 2018 at 2:15 PM is at one point in space and the same person at June 12th 2017 at 4:30 PM is at another point in space. So instant communication is just communication between these 2 points in spacetime and there isn't any physical medium needed to transmit information between these two points so there isn't any violation of causality.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Can you imagine how communicating with the past could be abused by some people? Especially the rich and those who want to control everything they can.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

It would put an end to lotteries.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Which is why that theory cannot be correct. There's far too much room for misuse here.

TheBorg

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

In that case it would have already happened. All the proof I need that this is impossible.

And this is NOT actually faster than light. It has no speed at all.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Thats how I think alien craft change direction at speed without destroying themselves. They jump in time to a new direction and heading, from our perspective it appears they changed direction abruptly, defying known laws of physics. I saw this with my own eyes.

I think this is what dude saw, too. @1:08 into here...

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I believe that a receiver would have to be possessed by an individual that wanted to cheat at a lottery.
It may happen after we see the advent of 'cross time' transceivers.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

The lottery is one way we will test this.

The reason this hasn't happened yet is because we don't have a quantum communication network. At least one that the public has access to. Remember, the Government was using the internet before it was released to the public.

We have the mechanics of a quantum communication network and we know instant communication is possible. This will first be deployed with space travel so NASA will instantly communicate with satellite and Rovers.

There can only be so much abuse because if you send information about the lottery to yourself in the past, if they hit the lottery it will not change anything for you. This is because of thermodynamics. For the version of you in the future, the lottery has already passed.

So it's not like the Back to the Future movies where time travel affects causality.

Now, if there's some type of PayPal set up on this quantum communication network, you may be able to send the lottery numbers to the past and then yourself from the past can wire you some of the winnings in digital currency.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Has some possibilities for securing communications since any interception collapses the wave function for the interceptor differently.

Actual faster than light propagation poses causality issues though.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

If correct this is the reason why SETI has not picket up any radio waves from ET. As if this is real radio has been only a reality for a 100+ years and this will be the future for ever.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
This stuff is fascinating but waaay over my head

What happens when these dudes are in the lab, then get this message out of nowhere that's like "abort experiment, you'll ruin everything!"

Head explosion*

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Communicating instantly is completely different from communicating back in time. Travelling faster than the speed of light isn't the same as travelling back in time. I'm not sure what makes you think that.

Its still an interesting post, but unfortunately, your main conclusion isn't valid. Interesting discussion though!

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Millions
Communicating instantly is completely different from communicating back in time. Travelling faster than the speed of light isn't the same as travelling back in time. I'm not sure what makes you think that.

Its still an interesting post, but unfortunately, your main conclusion isn't valid. Interesting discussion though!

Well . I guess it may be so. Somehow you picked up on nearly my exact thoughts and posted them
Yes , FTL is WAYYYY different than going back (or forward) in time.Especially in any form of energy...

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Millions

What?

You said:

Communicating instantly is completely different from communicating back in time.

Based on what? You made a statement in a vacuum without anything to support this statement.

Here's a thought experiment.

Say Alice has a computer on this quantum communication network. She has a variable IP Address that changes everyday. Alice on Novermber 20th 2017 has a different IP address than Alice on her QCN in November 20th 2018. What's preventing Alice from instantly sending information from 2018 to 2017?

The reason this will work is because we have an illusion of separation on a classical level. The truth is, Alice in 2017 and Alice in 2018 are at two points in space but the separation in time is just an illusion. So as long as you're not trying to send information through a physical medium between these 2 points, you're not violating causality.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

The reason the communication is instant is because two particles are entangled 'in real time' and a measurement is made.

The tech works off the 'spooky effect'. If you move one particle, the other moves in unison, despite its distance.

Nothing about an 'instant' communication implies it would travel backwards in time, and even if it 'did', nothing about this implies the particle travels through time. It's able to be manipulated by any extent of 'space' due to the 'spooky effect'.

If the entanglement was at any point broken, it would not be possible to communicate. It wouldn't work even if one particle did travel through time.
edit on 20-11-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

What? we know non locality has been clocked at 10,000 times the speed of light. You're also caught up on the word "TRAVEL." Where did I say information is "TRAVELING" anywhere?

This is why I said people have to let go of the illusion of classical time separation.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Hmm I think you might be misintrepreting something.

From this link:
www.bbc.com - Will we ever… speak faster than light speed?

But it’s not that simple. If you have a pair of entangled particles, one particle held on a spacecraft cruising through the outer reaches of the solar system, and its partner on Earth, then it’s true that a change in the state of the particle on the spaceship would immediately cause a change in the state of its partner on Earth. But, as Trollope explains, the person monitoring the particle on Earth will be unable to work out what the change means without an explanatory message from the spacecraft – and that message will be travelling no faster than the speed of light. In other words, quantum entanglement falls short of offering a route to superluminal communication.

Admittedly I wish I understood it. My inferior brain fails me. Quantum computing seems to be the next big thing going on now.
edit on 11/20/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
a reply to: imjack

What? we know non locality has been clocked at 10,000 times the speed of light. You're also caught up on the word "TRAVEL." Where did I say information is "TRAVELING" anywhere?

This is why I said people have to let go of the illusion of classical time separation.

So a person on August 8th 2018 at 2:15 PM is at one point in space and the same person at June 12th 2017 at 4:30 PM is at another point in space. So instant communication is just communication between these 2 points

This part is nonsense. You're saying an 'instant' communication between these two points allows for communication 'backwards in time'. No matter how much you want to argue the semantics of what this means, doesn't change the fact this doesn't work with how Quantum Entanglement works.

You cannot 'receive' information on a 'Quantum network from the future' with Quantum Entanglement, without one entangled particle in the past, and one in the future. This isn't possible.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

This is just wrong.

He will not have to work out what quantum chage means, the quantum network will do that. Do you have to work out what's happening on your computer before you can recieve information?

The change will have meaning because we will give it meaning when the quantum communication network is set up.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Okay look, step one(1) is entangling the particles.

Explain to me how the particle is entangled from the future network to the past network.

Think of it like a fishing line with infinite slack. It does not mean it can send messages to the past.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join