It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mindblowing! The universe is expanding (relatively) at over 3x the speed of light!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: HeywoodFloyd
a reply to: ADAMandEVIL

The point is all the physics - and the astrophysics - that the terrestrial 'scientists' think they know is wrong.
They base their calculations on the redshift of cosmic objects.

But redshift - as *Halton Arp demonstrated already back in the 70's - does not measure the speed stars and galaxies are moving away, nor the distance from the observer.

Thus, all the foundations of these calculations are wrong and baseless.
And the so-called "Big Bang" is a hoax.

*see Galaxy NGC 7603 and its four quasars.

But, on this planet, to put into discussion the sacred dogma of the Holy Big Bang is heresy,
as Halton Arp and others sadly experienced.

electrons orbit atoms
moons orbit planets
planets orbit stars
stars orbit galaxies

So if the pattern repeats our galaxy is orbiting the center of our known universe. Which suggests that redshift is indicating the speed of matter against the underlying ether (or string theories brane). Objects further out from the center, have to orbit faster, so display a higher redshift etc.

Only way to really confirm distance is by using geometry. The Gaia spacecraft is using parallax to confirm the distance of closest 20 million stars. But we will need far greater technology to confirm the distance of faraway galaxies.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

1. The universe has no boundaries, ie no 'edge'.

2. It is not expanding 'into' anything. It is all there is.

3. Yes, the parts of it farthest from us are moving away faster than light relative to us. But relative to adjacent regions of space they are scarcely moving at all.

4. It is space itself that is expanding faster than light, carrying with it the matter it contains. This doesn't violate relativity because the Theory of Relativity only applies to matter.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
What if the speed of light is only a property of our Galaxy, ie. 186,000 mps. And speeds vary due to mass, or lack of, in other Galaxies

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkmadness

I'm almost 100% positive that scientist have no idea what their doing.

Says the member using a computer.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bspiracy

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
And WHERE'S the center?

If the Universe is infinite then everywhere is the center.

It seems the term expansion demands an origin.

b

There is no origin in eternity or infinity. Is, was and always shall be. Kind of hard to wrap our 3D minds around. We need beginnings and endings, size and shape.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The farther space is from us, the faster it appears to move away from us. So yes, beyond the edge of the observable universe, space (and everything within it) is moving away from us at many times the speed of light. Although it's mindblowing, it's a well-accepted "fact" in modern cosmology. en.wikipedia.org...

So I'm not quite sure what's so exceptional about what you posted.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Devino
I have a few thoughts…

What is the force that is said to accelerate galaxies away from each other? If space is empty and is expanding then how could it apply a force on mass?

See the Casimir Effect. Vacuum can indeed push material objects, due to quantum fluctuations giving rise to virtual particles.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor

So, faster than the speed of light is possible then?

Absolute speed? No.
Relative speed? Yes.

Consider this thought experiment:

There are two cars (car A and car B) whose engines allow them to only got 100 km/h -- No faster speed is possible. Car A drives away in one direction at its maximum speed of 100 km/h. Car B drives away in the exact opposite direction as car A, and it also moves at its maximum speed of 100 km/h.

Both cars are moving at 100 km/h, but if I were a person in car A and I measured the speed of car B relative to my frame of reference while sitting in car A, car B would appear to me to be moving at 200 km/h -- even though it has a maximum speed of 100 km/h.

Relative to me, car B would appear to be going twice as fast as it could possibly go.

To take this even further, consider that these two cars are doing this on a planet we'll call Planet Y. What if there was another planet we'll call Planet Z that was moving at 100 km/h away from Planet Y in a direction directly opposite the direction of car B (let's say planet Z was moving in the same direction as car B). Let's also say that there is car C on that planet (with identical engines as cars A and B) also moving in the same direction as car B, and it is moving at its maximum speed of 100 km/h, but is doing so on Planet Z.

...Again, as I measure relative from my position in car A, and I measure the speed of car C on that other planet, car C would appear (from my vantage point in car A) to be moving at 300 km/h -- or three times faster than it should possibly be able to go.

edit on 2016/11/21 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

No it's not Universal stretching as it expands its fans at a constant rate but because as SpaceTime stretches at times speeds up it appears to be expanding at a faster rate but it's actually expanding at a constant rate but from our perspective it appears to be expected seller rating and its expansion rate

jaden

top topics

<< 1   >>

join