It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

8 Arrested in White Lives Matter Protest Clash Near Texas Capitol

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
This is from a fake ABC News website*.

Notice the ".go.com" part?

Dubious story from an intentionally misleading website.

*EDIT: It appears that the "go" part of the URL does not, in fact, make this a fake website. One can never be to careful, so let my mistake be a lesson.

Yes, I try to check out every linked website and the history of that website.

Also, the author, history of author, associates of author - of articles.

It gets interesting.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

*EDIT: It appears that the "go" part of the URL does not, in fact, make this a fake website. One can never be to careful, so let my mistake be a lesson.

It is the one that ends in .co that is fake. This one is real.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: brutus61

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: brutus61

Everyone has a right to protest.

My point was not to say that anyone doesn't have the right to protest. I just believe that all of this protesting is going to cause a lot of harm to all American citizens no matter which side they are on. I simply and plainly said there has to be a better way to get the point across.

Than protesting? That has always been one of the main ways in this country. It is one of the foundations of this country.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

My point was not to say that anyone doesn't have the right to protest. I just believe that all of this protesting is going to cause a lot of harm to all American citizens no matter which side they are on. I simply and plainly said there has to be a better way to get the point across.

Than protesting? That has always been one of the main ways in this country. It is one of the foundations of this country.

I agree but in light of all the recent activity I fear that things will come to an outcome that will be unfavorable to all. Martial law for example would not be much fun for any of us. We are drawing the lines of division very deep with WLM and BLM. Peaceful protest are encouraged but with two groups on such opposite sides of the fence what type of result do you foresee?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I agree but in light of all the recent activity I fear that things will come to an outcome that will be unfavorable to all. Martial law for example would not be much fun for any of us. We are drawing the lines of division very deep with WLM and BLM. Peaceful protest are encouraged but with two groups on such opposite sides of the fence what type of result do you foresee?

Protests in the past have been much worse. A lot has been made over nothing. White lives have always mattered, not sure why they felt the need to make a group.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
www.go.com is a Disney website.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4003fireglo
www.go.com is a Disney website.

And Disney own ABC......the site that was linked in the OP.

en.wikipedia.org...

Funny, huh?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: brokenghost
a reply to: SyxPak

There's a hidden hand that doesn't want people to think so.

Yes . But he will be leaving office soon.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I live in the Austin area. This happened, or at least the basic protest vs anti protest happened - cant confirm details. My thought is that if both these groups want to fight, let them. Bored with all the endless jabbering.

The rest of us should get back to trying to work together. Honestly both sides have valid points. African Americans are unfairly targeted by police and have more state viokence directed at them than other groups. On the flip side, hate crime laws are unfairly applied to one ethnic group and not another. Institutional racism (which has decreased a lot in the last couple decades) cannot be fixed with additional racism either. It just causes cycles of hate. One law for all. Instead we are divided and ruled because different groups want government to favor them over other groups.

Until we stop making things about race, both socially and institutionally on all sides, this will just get worse.
edit on 20-11-2016 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
No lives matter.

Give it to humans and what do they do with the gift of sentience?

Squander it.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Right in two, , eh?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Hopefully soon justice will begin to be administered equally, regardless of race.

Our country was headed down a path where it did appear that racism was increasing - racism against whites.
This was being generated from the very top of our government.

Yes with things like affirmative action. But that is racism as well.

Here we go again,with affirmation = Black or minority .
Let me ask this question who gained more from affirmative action?? you might be surprised but who is the poster child for affirmative action or welfare is not so surprising.

Is Affirmative Action And Welfare A Black Thing!

Affirmative Action And Welfare A Black Thing!
And making monuments to show case the contribution of AAs or others especially in times like this is very appropriate, as there are perhaps millions of folks out there that think they have the only ownership or a sense entitlement to what is or it takes to be an American, they often come at you after a disagreement on what you take to be an offence, to either individual or collective to Go back to Africa! or insert where ever your perceived ethnic group/ancestors came from.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

You're a bad man....

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Hopefully soon justice will begin to be administered equally, regardless of race.

Our country was headed down a path where it did appear that racism was increasing - racism against whites.
This was being generated from the very top of our government.

I never mentioned a specific race but to answer what I take as a question.....no.

What I have a problem with is the requirement to hire women, minorities, etc. even if better candidates are available. As a small business owner I don't approve of having to hire under qualified people solely based on racism. I don't give a rats a$$ where you come from or which gender or race you are as long as you are the most qualified for the job.

Yes with things like affirmative action. But that is racism as well.

Here we go again,with affirmation = Black or minority .
Let me ask this question who gained more from affirmative action?? you might be surprised but who is the poster child for affirmative action or welfare is not so surprising.

Is Affirmative Action And Welfare A Black Thing!

Affirmative Action And Welfare A Black Thing!
And making monuments to show case the contribution of AAs or others especially in times like this is very appropriate, as there are perhaps millions of folks out there that think they have the only ownership or a sense entitlement to what is or it takes to be an American, they often come at you after a disagreement on what you take to be an offence, to either individual or collective to Go back to Africa! or insert where ever your perceived ethnic group/ancestors came from.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: brokenghost
a reply to: SyxPak

There's a hidden hand that doesn't want people to think so.

Yes . But he will be leaving office soon.

Yeah good thing too, he can take his other hands with him as well.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join