It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Ryan / Trump want to privatize medicare

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Oh, I agree....totally. AMA....and the Drug Carte....errrrr Companies.

It was very expensive.
Obamacare sent it through the roof.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar
I hope not.

here is my prediction..... give it a year or two, and I bet you will find alot of taxpayer money flowing around with it's final resting place in trump connected enterprises...

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

You're significantly underestimating the costs of social security not only now, but in a decade from now.

It's not comparable to the cost of war.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

we'll put americans to work by building a trump tower in every city!! funded through the small business administration...

the good news is that he's moved and is no longer in new york city... at least by what I hear. him being there, on the top floor of a huge skyscraper was just unnerving me to no end...visions of a 9/11 like event kept popping in my head. guess his security finally got through to him on that one.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I bet that was a huge accomplishment.

guess his security finally got through to him on that one.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SignalMal

you're significantly underestimating the amount of money that our gov't shells out for crap that is far less important than american's healthcare...
we've been told over and over the past few years about how the evil terrorists want to kill us, the threat of biological attack, about all those evil germs that are waiting to rise to the calibar of pandemic. well, there's a much bigger chance of a pandemic if the poorest among us and the aged are getting sick and just not bothering with going for medical care because of the cost, lack of health insurance, and oh, they took my medicare, medicaid way!! that is a bigger security issue more deserving of funding than isreal, the stupid wars we have been taking on over the years, and so much other stuff that they spend money on....
and oh, ya, every person who is drawing social security today and most of those who are about to have worked a good part of their lives and contributed to that fund or were stay at home moms with husbands who did....... before they do a danged thing about that, they should be cutting medicaid and welfare off!

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
This time, there is no opposition. If Trump signs it, Ryan will finally get his way.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Let me get this straight....

I paid into a system for 30 years that will be transferred to a system where stockholders, CEO and other elites can profit from my tax dollars.

I don't think so....

The worst part for me is that they call Medicare and Social Security "entitlements". How is it an entitlement if people pay into them for decades before they even get to use them? And people like myself may never get to use them because I doubt they'll be around by the time I get old enough to qualify for them.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Naw, I really didn't.

That's just now. Look at the projections!

Not so good.

It's just not sustainable.
edit on 20-11-2016 by SignalMal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

All good points

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

It may not happen, under the existing laws medicare is protected, the medicare trust fund doesn't expired until 2029, unless congress repeal the law, rewrite it or amended medicare can not be touch.

I remember when Bush wanted to privatize SS, it never happen.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant
This is why I self medicate!

His attorney general is the most vocal opponent to marijuana in congress.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I'll put it as plain and simply as I can to you....
unless the american people desire to become accustomed to homeless starving people dying on the streets, someone is going to have to pay for the elderly's care after they become too old to work and have exhausted their retirement savings. same goes for the poor. and, even if you allow them to die on the streets, some will have to pay for them to be disposed of properly. so, no matter how you want to shuffle that money around, it's gonna be spent and really should even be seen as an answer to the problems with the budget. if the truth be told, the problem with the social security fund has been it has been the answer to the budget's problems in that they've defrauded the social security fund so they could expand their spending without having a budget that looks like we are bankrupt!

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I find it hard to trust a group of bankers that used wallstreet to monetize homes, bundled them into the new investments that were somehow graded as AAA then sold to the world. No one is in prison, in fact big $ thrown to the banks and investment houses. Many had record profits the following year.

So let's try to not allow these very crafty wallstreeters/banks an opportunity to twist the laws and then cry when it blows up to control the $ that is set aside to cover my medical care when I am to old to muster a good defense.
edit on 20-11-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I remember when Bush wanted to privatize SS, it never happen.

Trump is appointing radical people to his cabinet and there is a Republican congress, with a House full of extremists. This time around this and more could happen.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

It is often very costly to deal with homelessness. Besides, screwing everyone over isn't the Christian thing to do.
edit on 20pmSun, 20 Nov 2016 14:42:41 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Another I TOLD YOU SO moment.

Trump is for the people...sure

To all those soon retired people who voted for Trump

Good Luck!

We are headed into darkness people

DEEP DARKNESS

edit on 20-11-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
i wonder how holistic care providers will be put completely out of business? is it a goal? will it be illegal?

i guess no provisions for patient and his choice of medicine will be on the table?

if this hammer on the head can heal you, you should give it a try?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

people seem to forget that social security exists because of an over exuberant market went nuts and crashed the world economy a few times before, and the worst of these was the depression, which left far too many with no savings. if it wasn't for social security being created, there probably wouldn't have been the baby boom and the economic boom that we enjoyed the years afterward probably wouldn't have as good since the people would have been responsible for their aging parents which would have drained their finances to the point where they might not have been able to have children or buy houses...

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

How do you expect to make the care affordable until everyone is absolved?

The issue with Private insurance before Obamacare even existed was that competition raised rates because lack of coverage.

Obamacare, Medicare, whatever, won't work unless subsidies are pooled.

Destroying Obamacare would absolutely increase the economy, destroying any insurance program would, the corruption comes from the fact they should be conglomerate to provide adequate coverage. If Obamacare is defunded, and more insurance companies are made, this will still only raise rates.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join