It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angela Merkel to Stand for Fourth Term as German chancellor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The official announcement is expected later today but members of her party have been briefing the press ahead of the announcement.
If nothing else it will make for an interesting election next year if she can't reverse her decline in opinion polls but Merkel has shown herself to be a formidable force in German politics over the years so I wouldn't rule her out.

General elections are expected in Germany in autumn next year. Mrs Merkel's poll ratings have slipped since the height of her popularity but she retains support. She suffered an embarrassing regional election defeat earlier this year and is being challenged by the populist right-wing AfD party.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Good luck Germany / Europe.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I hope her arse is handed to the Exit door just like the loon ball Hillary Clinton.........career politician serving nobody but the Globalists.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I think the dominos are going to keep falling and she will not get a 4th term. Brexit, and Trumps election show that by in large the people are waking up and have had enough and are voting people like Hillary and Merkel out.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
This is good news, She will almost certainly be defeated and we will finally be rid of her

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I would have said it is worth a bet on a populist vote but to my surprise the odds are not long enough for my liking at the moment. Speaking as someone who cleaned up on Trump at 11-2 , it is difficult to know how to interpret those surprisingly short odds on a populist vote with the current anti-PoliticoGlobalist movement.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

If nothing else it will make for an interesting election next year if she can't reverse her decline in opinion polls but Merkel has shown herself to be a formidable force in German politics over the years so I wouldn't rule her out.

Hmmm... maybe endless war, occupation by a foreign military and especially a million refugees from war torn countries have something to do with that 'declining opinion'.

Edit: People are tired of the status quo, they showed that by voting Trumpty dumpty here in the west. Shes up for a fourth term? That goes beyond carrier politician into the realm of Dynasty.

edit on 20-11-2016 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

The attempt to save the world at the cost of the comfortable homefront is on a course of failure. Every Western population is rattled by the often extreme dictates of the current leaders/rulers that did not come from the core. The new renaissance of a overly compassionate world they attempted to start has started to crumble and they barely got it started. We can look forward to a stopping and even backsliding of our mass society. The declared, if not unmentionable, war on the Islamic terrorist will get earnest and spread to the non-terrorists of that faith.

As someone that unapologetically believes that we are under the guiding thumb of UFO overlords, I have the fear that various fingers of our structures will wiggle away from under that pressing thumb and tend to do the old way of annihilation to solve this massive issue. At some point, I fear that we will, as a whole, be deemed not worthy of a cosmic existence and the curtain will be drawn on a failed act.

edit on 20-11-2016 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
It pleases me immensely that she has chosen to run again. How arrogant the elite have grown. Even as their world crumbles around them and a new, new world order emerges, they still refuse to see the writing on the wall.
I believe we have some interesting times ahead of us, as those opportunist cut and run.... and try to benefit themselves when they perceive new opportunities to exploit opening before them.
It's easy to imagine some of them coming forth with some very interesting information as the tit the suckled for so many years runs dry and they look for new places to feed.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Whatever the German people want.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
" Shes up for a fourth term? That goes beyond carrier politician into the realm of Dynasty."

We had this one time, Helmut Kohl did it for 16 years. And he was her mentor, showed her to stay in power with only sitting on the fat a$$. And as i know my fellow "educated" germans, they would vote for her again. Just because they did it everytime. And their parents did it. And maybe their neighbours do it. But not because they took one second time to think about why she would be a good choice, or not.

IF, if one believes that western elections are more than a show to fool the people, and not rigged. Because, after her first four years, you could ask everybody, nobody wanted to elect her again. She became elected. Then it became even worse for her reputation, she became elected again. Either the german people are so dumb, either the german people are all rich or something is wrong with the election results.

The problem is, we have nobody that we would and could trust, that would be capable for the job. So many will think there is no better choice than Merkel. And maybe they are even right. Reminds me of the US choice, between the lesser evils.

The AfD, this nazi party, is not an alternative. They would be even worse than Merkel and Kohl together, for the people, for the country. They are even more neoconservative than the Bush administration was. They have, like Trump, not the foggiest idea of real politics, are just loudmouths that fish the voices of the uneducated but "concerned and enraged" citizens. Which are angry about themselves, about being losers, but want to blame others for their situation. Your life can´t become better if you hate yourself, everything and everybody around you, if you are drunk 24/7 and crying about how bad everything is. But can´t present any better solutions than to become a Nazi.

What people need again is social politics, not national"socialsm", not "in line with the market democracy" politics. People need politics that are made for the average citizens that keep our country running. For construction workers, for vendors, for cooks, for garbage collectors, for geriatric nurses, for teachers, etc. Not for rich taxdodgers, not for corporations, not for economic lobbyists/hitmen, not politics to save the banksters and serve the rich and wealthy!

But the problem is, it´s our system that is wrong, so all the people that serve this system, like politicians, are doing the wrong things. Our system is made to make profits for the rich. If this doesn´t change, we can keep one Bundeskanzler for 50 years. It doesn´t matter if the puppet-faces change when the system stays the same.

edit on 20 11 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

This is really bad and I'm so sorry for the German people. I remember only one German leader worse than her,....if you know what I mean.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

This is really bad and I'm so sorry for the German people. I remember only one German leader worse than her,....if you know what I mean.

And there are circles of the german people that want this, "HIS", politics back. The "concerned and enraged" AfD voters.
Guess they never read a book, or never were able to watch a documentary about the Third Reich...

But hey, the only do it to teach "those above" a lesson, "not because they are rightwingers or openly confessing nazis". And not because this would be good for the german people, but because of blind hate, to "kick the establishment into the southern parts". And because they think they can be proud(and because of that loud) again, proud to be nazis. They think it´s hip nowadays to be a rightwinger, a nazi. They think they are the majority...

If one wants to teach a lesson, there are other useless parties to vote, not only the AfD, not only the rightwingers!
edit on 20 11 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
she will lose.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

I think the ruling elite in both US and Germany are smart enough to know when to pretend to change face, thats why the two party system here. Tired of Bush wars and bailouts? Switch to Obama. Tired of status quo, change to Trump.

Whether by design or actual ballot, its pretty clear they presiders don't really run things, thanks for reminding me, I want to catch a wave but must remain realistic. They'll know when to change the face of politics.

Bet on Merkels opponent.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

So basically, you hate her and dislike the way things are, but because your system is so intertwined with your day to day lives, you cannot conceive on taking a chance with something else because then your system might unravel and jeopardize your lives?

This is why Americans don't want a social democracy. Imagine the pain of getting someone like a Hillary in office and being so afraid our system would be disrupted and we would lose all the ways it interacts with our lives that we are too afraid to ever vote her out!

We might as well forget we ever had the illusion of a choice and a vote even more than we already feel like we have no voice or choice.

top topics

join