It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utopian future will not work

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
www.bing.com... reply to: CranialSponge

Yeah different definitions of what a cross cut saw is...and funny as # the member you defended admitted he rarely uses saws.

That's what we call a mitre saw.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Yeah different names as I said earlier, get over it, matey admitted he didn't know saw names...are you angry or something?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Well I have a hunch "Matey"has probably used more different types of saws than the average man....btw....you picked a really good username.

ETA... okay you brought to my attention a point that I had not realized and you're perfectly justified to think that the type of saw in the photograph you posted.... was the type of crosscut saw that I was refering to...I had not given thought to the fact that perhaps most people would type it to Google and they would most likely come away thinking it was that type of saw. Unless a person typed in one man crosscut saw or two man crosscut saw ..they would most likely be lead to a different type of saw.....the reality is...any type of saw that is made to cut across the grain of the wood is a crosscut saw.

The other factor that I had not taken into consideration was...I live in Rural Maine....That is a very different culture then the vast majority of the population.. Most people are not brought up in a rural environment... (I would guess ). And on top of that.. we are probably at least a couple of generations removed from the time that one and two man cross cut saws were in wide use. And then only people in forested areas would have been exposed to them

So ...I'm sorry for any misunderstanding created by my lack of definition.and thank you for being that little grain of sand in my shoe to help me come to this realization. ..
edit on 26-11-2016 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-11-2016 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Holofractal

Thank you so much for posting that link....I have started reading it and I find it extremely interesting. I find myself very much in agreement with the information being presented.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
People will still want sex, food, water. People will still be curious. Unless we reach a stage where we become omnipotent, omniscient, etc.. then I think, we as individuals will always have something we will be working towards.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   
As I said before the biggest problem I see with having a Utopia would be establishing the rules of social conduct. The physical infrastructure part I think would be easy. But dealing with the social aspects is the part I cannot wrap my head around.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join