It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Liberal Muslim Woman Speaks Up on Why She Voted For Trump.

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Former Wall Street Journal reporter Asra Nomani speaks up on why she decided to vote for Trump. One of the points she makes is about how political correctness is not allowing a large part of the U.S. population, and the world in general, from differentiating Muslim extremism from moderate Muslim views, and because of pc we are not addressing the real problem that Muslim extremism is which is spilling blood all over the world. She explains her vote for Trump was also made to fight against "the liberal honor brigade" that has "silenced so many people they disagree with".

Even though she is a liberal Muslim, she mentions that she does not fear the policies of Trump, but she does fear the extremist interpretation of Islam which is spilling blood all over the world and to her this is a crisis in our generation. She argues that we can only win against Islamic extremism only "with honesty and truth telling" and not by denying that radicalism in Islam does exists. She also explains that even she has received insults and labels for her views and for expressing that she voted for Trump and why she did.

I might not agree with her other progressive views, but at least on this I agree with her.

edit on 19-11-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

edit on 19-11-2016 by Bone75 because: wrong thread

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

What a xenophobic self hating Muslim woman!

/sarcasm off

Kudos to this woman speaking up, clearly there is an issue with radical Islam, that must be separated from the true Islamic faith which has promoted the exact same morals as Christianity.

Remind me again why our military industrial complex is allied with Saudi Arabia and why the Saudi's are the head of the UN "Human rights council"!?
edit on America/ChicagoSaturdayAmerica/Chicago11America/Chicago1130pmSaturday10 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Evidently she is what the liberals call an uneducated person who votes. I guess education means you are indoctrinated to believe the same as the strong liberals believe you should. I could be called old fashioned too, since I am over sixty and all of the different opinions I have learned from different citizens in my life has poisoned my mind.

Some of the Muslims around here stated that they want our government to get rid of radical Islam here so it won't poison their youth's minds. Most of them are peaceful people and they just want to work and live their lives. They do not want immigrants that might be radical coming here and try to recruit their kids to do things their religion forbids.

We need to stop the radical people from coming into this country, we have enough radical people already. We do not have to force equality down people's throats, we just need to accept people for their honesty and integity and treat them with respect if they are good people. I do not respect people who are dishonest or chaotic no matter who they are, peaceful protest within reason is good but some of the protesting is unreasonable lately.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I'm very liberal (not Democrat) and I share her view concerning that kind of Islamic threat, and how the Left's failure to generally acknowledge the issue in an honest way is very problematic. So I agree on that front. Trump is only fueling the fire with his proposed all-inclusive Muslim ban though. That's a big box of ammo for extremist groups to use with recruitment.
edit on 19-11-2016 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
this woman has been placed on the Clinton's list.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Good for her.

Now let's see if she's still employed by this time next year...

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Trump is only fueling the fire with his proposed all-inclusive Muslim ban though.

With extreme vetting ? (no all encompassing ban , that is an outright lie since nearly day 1 . but it makes ignorant libs feel good)

And I hear even ISIS is celebrating Trump's victory over whats her name again
Done
Next

edit on 11/20/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Trump, and his campaign, said quite clearly the ban would apply to all non-citizen muslims traveling here. That's what I meant by all-inclusive. I'm not referring to muslim US citizens because Trump wasn't either. However, it would apply to muslim tourists and muslims coming here to visit family members, et cetera.

I'm more than willing to post quotes or videos if needed.

As far as 'extreme vetting' goes. Not sure what the context there is. Are you talking about vetting taking place with those islamic groups when they recruit, or are you talking about the vetting process of muslims wanting to travel here with the ban in place?

Done
Next

Are you not wanting a dialogue?
edit on 20-11-2016 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Quotes which can, and have been taken out of context. As another example, the claims from many people in the left who said "Trump is going to ban all Mexicans and all immigrants", yet every time he spoke about this he was talking about "the crime and drugs that are spilling into the U.S. from the open borders policies of the Obama administration. I am sure you can also find a quote of Trump in which it would appear he was talking about banning all immigrants. But when taking those quotes in context you would find "he never espoused the banning of all immigrants nor all Mexicans."
edit on 20-11-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   

I never said anything about Mexican immigrants, this is about my statement that Trump proposed a ban that would include all non-muslims traveling to the USA.

Setting aside Mexico since it's wholly irrelevant, let's address the ideas put forth:

1. I'm outright lying

2. I'm taking it out of context.

"Calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States"

to see that quote in video start @0:40

That's straight from Trump's lips. A total and complete shutdown.

So please, tell me how i'm lying or taking it out of context.
edit on 20-11-2016 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
She says theres a real and serious threat by extremist Moslems, a reality that we havent confronted directly due to political correctness...

What is she talking about, which reality is she living in?

We've embarked on a campaign of annihilating one Middle Eastern nation after another from Afghanistan to Libya, under the excuse of "fighting terrorism" while simultaneously waging drone wars against Pakistan and Yemen.

Moslem places of worship are under surveillance as are individuals.

There are some 22 different watch lists.

The government, under the "see something say something campaign" has turned people into tattletale squads, spying on one another.

According to Snowden, the NSA is recording all electronic communications worldwide.

Can we tighten our borders and screen immigrants more thoroughly? Sure.

But what we're witnessing is some kind of doublethink that somehow this issue isnt being addressed.

Regardless, the end game is a complete surveillance state with a biometric database for every American.

It looks like Trump, wittingly or not, will be helping to advance that agenda.

edit on 20-11-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Here is my take on this.

Liberty does not come for free. The cost is, as it says in my signature, that you risk your life every day that you possess it. Those unprepared to pay for their liberty with their lives, are not worthy of it.

For that reason, anyone, left or right, who is prepared to accept unacceptable intrusions into their own liberty or anyone else's, whether that be continuing spy programs stealing your data, or a shutdown on certain demographics entering a nation or those groups coming under undue scrutiny, is acting against the best interests of their people, because only those prepared to die to keep their liberty, only those who would rather be blown up, stabbed, or shot, than lose a single strand in the thread of their liberty, should ever be permitted to possess any.

What one SAYS about things is one thing. That is something that protected free speech, one of those strands of liberty, guarantees the freedom to do. But giving up liberty for security is not a move which can ever be justified, given that to do so is to ignore history entirely, and advocate for the end of freedom and the rise of tyrants.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Yeah, their famous of none person list that they started back in the 90s while in the white house.

The women is smart enough to understand how politics works and she is not working herself to death letting the media run her mind.

She is safe in America where she can speak her mind without worrying that she will be stone to death for doing so.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: odzeandennz

Yeah, their famous of none person list that they started back in the 90s while in the white house.

The women is smart enough to understand how politics works and she is not working herself to death letting the media run her mind.

She is safe in America where she can speak her mind without worrying that she will be stone to death for doing so.

Or worse!

She knows hillary wouldn't have done squat about national security.

Good for her.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
Liberal Muslim Woman Speaks Up on Why She Voted For Trump.

She doesn't have to, the insanity and ignorance is obvious.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

He is talking about the open policy to bring Muslims from regions we know have extremist views, and which even ISIS controls..

Let me ask you something... Are you aware of what happened in several German cities in New Years eve with Muslim immigrants and from North Africa?

Cover-up claim over NYE mass sexual assaults

Europe in Chaos as Illegal Immigrants Resort to Violence.

He is talking about our representatives finding a way to vet these immigrants. BTW, I am an immigrant and had to go through a 9 year vetting process waiting in Spain to be able to come to the U.S. legally. We had to go through rigorous medical examinations to see whether we had any type of trasmittable disease. Right now the Obama administration is not vetting these people and people with dangerous diseases are being allowed into the U.S.

Below is what the Obama administration said would happen.

HHS: Immigrants with HIV, STDs welcome

Yet what is happening is this.

Obama's Refugees and Surging Deadly Diseases in America

If you want to see an official report on this here it is.

ABANDONED UPON ARRIVAL: IMPLICATIONS FOR REFUGEES AND LOCAL COMMUNITIES
BURDENED BY A U.S. RESETTLEMENT SYSTEM THAT IS NOT WORKING

In Fort Wayne, IN, educators working with large refugee
populations resettled in the city have expressed frustration
because they lack the time and tools to address the
extraordinary needs of refugee students. Poor performances on
mandated standardized tests by some recently arrived refugee
students, who often lack basic education after languishing in
refugee camps for a decade or more, are negatively impacting
the overall scores and reputations of schools. Public health
officials also have raised concerns that some refugee
populations, who have been found to suffer from elevated rates
of latent tuberculosis (TB), are not undergoing adequate
prearrival screening or properly monitoring their own
treatment. Consequently, they face a higher risk of developing
active TB, which is contagious and a potential health threat to
the general population.

www.gpo.gov...

The mainstream media doesn't seem to be covering this and only "alternative news sources" are reporting it.

Back in the day, before the Obama administration, immigrants with transmittable diseases were not allowed into the U.S. for a good reason. Because many of these diseases will be transmitted to the general population.

The Obama administration is not vetting these people, who come from regions we know extremism exists and even ISIS controls, and they are not being screened for transmittable diseases, or if they are being screened they are still allowed into the U.S. with trasmittable diseases, including tuberculosis.

Then there is the fact that the moderate views of Muslims like this liberal woman the thread is about are not the same as the view many Muslim immigrants who are being brought over have. We can see this by watching what happened in Europe, or watching some of the things occurring in the U.S. involving newly arrived Muslim refugees which authorities are hiding, or trying to hide.

Public demands answers in Twin Falls child sex assault case

edit on 21-11-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

edit on 21-11-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct excerpt.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
She says theres a real and serious threat by extremist Moslems, a reality that we havent confronted directly due to political correctness...

What is she talking about, which reality is she living in?

She is talking about this reality.

Obama Bans Islam, Jihad From National Security Strategy Document

Obama’s scrub of Muslim terms under question; common links in attacks

Denying that Islamic extremism does exist does not help anyone.

new topics

top topics

join