It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Washington Post Still Using Pre-Election Racist Rhetoric/Disgusting

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
Oh great! Another, "Let's Trash the First Amendment" thread! You guys need to take a civics class, really!

If you don't like the Washington Post, don't read it.

Translation:
How dare you guys assume that the First Amendment covers you also. You shouldn't freely voice your opinions about a newspaper.

Especially when the newspaper is a propaganda rag that I believe in!

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
but left millions of blacks, gays, les, Muslims fearful of what "may" become of their country

take a zany and s t f u
edit on 20-11-2016 by alsee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Oh great! Another, "Let's Trash the First Amendment" thread! You guys need to take a civics class, really!

If you don't like the Washington Post, don't read it.

You are correct. Some people need a civics class
The freedom of the press is just that. However, it doesnt give the right to print BS and rhetoric. I believe , that is against the law,,,,,
It is mostly called libel
done
Next

edit on 11/20/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
after the election a lot of voices were suggesting that the media should rethink how it operates.
well, guess not.

now they're all howling about Sessions being a *Racist*.

www.csmonitor.com...

The selection of a man who was once denied a federal judgeship – by Republicans – over concerns about racism has raised alarm. On Mr. Trump’s team, he joins special adviser Steve Bannon, former head of a news organization accused of race-baiting and bigotry, and National Security Adviser Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, who has made inflammatory statements against Islam.

look over anyone who's been in public service for twenty or thirty years and I'm guessing you'll find something you don't like.
disgusted by the knee-jerk hysteria.

let's see how much this info gets spread by the media
www.foxnews.com...

In 1999, Sessions called successfully for the Alabama native to be given the Congressional gold medal. In doing so, Sessions made a passionate call for lawmakers to renew the principle of equality under the law.

“As legislators, we should work to strengthen the appreciation for this fundamental governing principle by recognizing those who make extraordinary contributions towards ensuring that all American citizens have the opportunity, regardless of their race, sex, creed, or national origin, to enjoy in the freedoms that this country has to offer,” Sessions said, before calling Parks a “living embodiment of this principle.”

the media establishment; they forget nothing; they learn nothing.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Translation: How dare you guys assume that the First Amendment covers you also.

You have every right to express your opinion. So does "the Press". When you guys attack "Freedom of the Press" like this:

The Washington Post and the New York Times I hope they both get their press credentials revoked.

This "media" is a genuine threat to America.

The freedom of the press is just that. However, it doesnt give the right to print BS and rhetoric.

....you're attacking the 1st Amendment!

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: windword
Wrong;

The press, other that the editorial section, is supposed to tell the news consumer the what, where, who and why if possible.

When the right or the left interject their one sided opinion they are doing both the consumer of news a disservice and their occupation a disservice as well.

You have every right to express your opinion. So does "the Press".

edit on 20-11-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Translation: How dare you guys assume that the First Amendment covers you also.

You have every right to express your opinion. So does "the Press". When you guys attack "Freedom of the Press" like this:

The Washington Post and the New York Times I hope they both get their press credentials revoked.

This "media" is a genuine threat to America.

The freedom of the press is just that. However, it doesnt give the right to print BS and rhetoric.

Just pointing out that you saying not to criticize certain publications makes you no better than the people that posted the things that you are.railing about.
And you lecture about civics lessons.
Sad that you are so protective of journalists that have been proven to be in the tank for a certain party, to the point that they let the political hacks of that party write the articles for them.

edit on b000000302016-11-20T10:28:44-06:0010America/ChicagoSun, 20 Nov 2016 10:28:44 -06001000000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Liberals very rarely can say their opinion is wrong. Even when presented with a logical, calm and well intended counterpoint. The fall back position is to make sweeping wide stroke allegations like:

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

The press, other that the editorial section, is supposed to tell the news consumer the what, where, who and why if possible.

In your opinion......But the 1st Amendment states no such thing. When you own a newspaper, you can run it however you like. The Washington Post is exercising their 1st Amendment rights by running theirs the way they like.

Pay attention! Do not let this thin skinned administration rile you guys into such a froth that you'd be willing to put the 1st Amendment up on the chopping block!

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Just pointing out that you saying not to criticize certain publications

You have the right to criticize. WE don't, as a nation of laws, have the right to threaten government interference/censorship, fines, punishments or imprisonment, to media outlets and journalists, for speech that is constitutionally protected.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
What do you think of the statement. At what point is the news paper no longer preforming their function as a new journal?

And I didn't call for anything to be done to alter the freedom of the press. You automatically jumped the gun and made accusations of attacking the freedom of the press.

Typical move, need new playbook, it no longer works.

In your opinion......But the 1st Amendment states no such thing. When you own a newspaper, you can run it however you like. The Washington Post is exercising their 1st Amendment rights by running theirs the way they like.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

The 1st Amendment no longer works?

And I didn't call for anything to be done to alter the freedom of the press.

The three citations I posted were posts from this thread and WERE attacks on the 1st Amendment.

At what point is the news paper no longer preforming their function as a news journal?

That's not for me to decide, but the examples that you posted in your OP have NOT crossed a 1st Amendment line, by any means.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
No, the liberal play book of crying extreme accusations when things aren't just so. The next step is to start the name calling.
Freedom of the press is still working,, just not for the main streamers anymore. I get better info from independent sources that don't interject left or right biases.

The 1st Amendment no longer works?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
You gotta love how their skin color is a legitimate point of criticism. The complete lack of self awareness is real.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

NOPE I'd say P.C. is being surgically KILLED ...as I have said it's only basis are LIES,to protect a fraction of all races,for the purposes of social control.

WE AIN'T stupid though WE are sure though of as such ,SO we decided to take your government over...

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

What does this mean?

WE AIN'T stupid though WE are sure though of as such ,SO we decided to take your government over...

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

"Tea party elements" libertarian based pragmatism, are the type whom are shaking things up, I agree with the LONG needed job to be done.
As such the Progs would naturally regard such a thing as virtually heresy ,as do the current MIC by virtue of his cabinet..a HARD midliner group...eagles not hawks.
edit on 20-11-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

The story goes on the point out that millions of aggrieved white Americans elected Trump, but left millions of blacks, gays, les, Muslims fearful of what may become of their country.
And don't forget those millions of us white folk who have the very same concerns about the country under Trump.

Apparently Hillary is backed by racist whites. You can see this as the majority who voted for her are White.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

The MSM Playing the " Race Card " Over and Over Until it gets to a Point where Any Sane Person would just Tune Out the Drone out of Frustration for some " Real News " .

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

ALMOST actually parallels to "Starship Trooper"..Not race...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join