It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Nigel Farage says Merkel and Obama are in denial over rejection of political establishment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Speaking on Fox News, the UKIP leader said Obama and the German Chancellor 'simply can't face up to the fact that their worldview has taken an absolute beating in the year of 2016'.

He has taken to social media to call 2016 'the year of political revolution' and the 'underdog' with the Brexit vote in the UK and the election of Donald Trump in America.

The UKIP politician was speaking ahead of the election in Austria, as the latest polls show the anti-EU Freedom Party candidate Norbert Hofer is ahead of his Independent rival Alexander Van der Bellen in the May election.

'First Brexit, then Trump and there is more of this to come!': Nigel Farage says 'poor darlings' Merkel and Obama are in denial over the public's rejection of the political establishment

I think the picture below is worth a thousand words. I believe a lot of us can sense how isolated Merkel and Obama feel.

If you want to take advantage of this moment to poke at fun them, please see the following thread.

Add a caption: Obama and Merkel's last meeting before Trump takes office

Here's my analogy for the people's current rejection of the establishment:

If you're beating someone up and you give them a choice about whether you should stop, how often are they going to ask you to stop?

I guess in this case only a brainwashed liberal could vote for the beating to continue.
edit on 19-11-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
liberals don`t mind getting beaten as long as you give them free stuff while you`re beating them.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I'm concerned, because I can't tell which world view would truly be better. Is the world not ready to have a global ordered system of governance? Will it ever? How do we expect to progress without coming together?

The flip side is wondering if the global vision our leaders have in mind represents our collective interest or not. I get that most here would automatically have some bad thoughts NWO blablabla, but I mean honestly.. it's a logical progression to have a world governance of some sort, so we need to get over thinking every version is evil, and actually form our own opinions of how we'd like to see it come to be.

I'm concerned, because I don't know how far this pendulum swings back towards nationalism. The world in the information age is dealt with at a global level in trade, transportation, communication, information flow... heck, there's a global culture that has been emerging, it's almost like millennials are the same the world over thanks to the internet. If we try to go back towards isolationist policies and have a sense of national pride while we're developing this global culture, doesn't that leave us a bit schizo or something?

Guess I don't get how this actually works out for the better in the end. If it's merely a cautioning to our global leaders to shape the next level of development more in alignment with our needs and aspirations, then that's a good thing. If it's some sort of bipolar psychosis where we have no real plan and tug at opposing extremes, then that's a not so good thing.

I'm still waiting to see what Trump can pull off in his first year, but am nervous all the same. Definitely feel good about not going with the flow, IE Hillary, but am not so sure Trump is the man to really get us to the right place. We'll see.

So what is this political revolution? I know, peace love, and hippy music or something, but where is this new vision and plan of action backing the revolution? You know if we have revolution and nobody with heart has a plan, those without a heart will certainly implement their well thought-out action. That would be much worse than some people who think they're doing good but not quite getting what the public is after.
edit on 19-11-2016 by SignalMal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SignalMal

Is the world not ready to have a global ordered system of governance?

How do you plan to 'deal' with those of us that want nothing to do with your global monarchy? I will never allow myself to be a part of this system nor swear fealty to the NWO.

Give me liberty or give me death.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Is the world not ready to have a global ordered system of governance?

How do you plan to 'deal' with those of us that want nothing to do with your global monarchy?

Hmmm, well there's three assumptions here.

1. I'm making the plans.

2. I'm in a position of authority.

3. This is a "monarchy".

I will never allow myself to be a part of this system nor swear fealty to the NWO.

Give me liberty or give me death.

Okay, so let's add one here as well.

4. NWO means anything other than a catchy slogan for a vision some people have.

I don't know why anyone would take you seriously.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   
"Here's my analogy for the people's current rejection of the establishment:

If you're beating someone up and you give them a choice about whether you should stop, how often are they going to ask you to stop?

I guess in this case only a brainwashed liberal could vote for the beating to continue."

I've heard analogies that in somewhat 'less=than-liberal' sections of the good ol' US of A that the beating wouldn't stop, before anyone voted to stop. Sort of sums up the last 16+ years.

Seems that no one with any power is unable to stem the hatred in the world, but a lot of people get pretty rich by fuelling it.

* EDIT *
Sorry all, forgot to say the theme of the following link...As a point in case only...

"US military energy consumption- facts and figures"

www.resilience.org...
edit on 20-11-2016 by sunkuong because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I have a good friend that is a Univesity lecturer in History.
His postings on Facebook about the election of Trump are quite alarming,he is pumped up with the most left wing vitrolic mainstream media talking points I have seen from my friends on social media so far.

He has fed out the usual crap...xenophobic,Misogynist,Racist,Islamaphobe and now he gone on a meltdown saying he will basically fight anyone who has a go at him when he goes to protest in Washington on inaugaration day and calling all Trump supporters bigoted cowards....such a shame as he is good guy but the Mainstream media and academia have totally brainwashed him via social engineering.

All his academic friends that are also teachers are all spouting the same narrative.......it goes to show how insulated they are in their aloof bubble and they refuse to accept the new reality they face.

Part of me wants to go on the attack and explain that Trump is in my opinion anti Establishment and is fighting for America against the NWO and their anti human Globalist agenda but in the World of academia they will not entertain "conspiracy theories" and will just dismiss me as an idiot.

Soooooo.........just like Obama and Merkel let them wallow in their own garbage and hype......when reality kicks in they are in for a shocker.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

I guess in this case only a brainwashed liberal could vote for the beating to continue.

The house and senate are filled with an awful lot of familiar faces for all the "we bucked the establishment" talk.

America swapped out one puppet for another - the beatings are going to continue, America just swapped an aluminum bat for a wooden one.
edit on 11/20/2016 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: Profusion

The house and senate are filled with an awful lot of familiar faces for all the "we bucked the establishment" talk.

America swapped out one puppet for another - the beatings are going to continue, America just swapped an aluminum bat for a wooden one.

Exactly.

For someone so anti he sure is shielding himself with everyone establishment.

The only ones in denial are those that got conned.

edit on 11/20/2016 by AlbanArthur because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

A globalist vieuw is not possible untill religion leaves.
Religion, in all its forms, is the biggest divider on this planet (wich it was engineered to do) and can not exist in a (succesfull) globelized world.

edit on 20-11-2016 by Justanotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
True and lasting Globalization will occur via individual choice, not by enforcement. Our world is not ready at this time. I believe that younger generations via access to the Internet are able to connect and discover many commonalities. In time, more will have access and be the catalysts for change. Not by force nor violence...but by simply acknowledgement that we are all the same. 100 years? Sounds like a long time...but not really in the evolution of mankind. Technology and information will expand and do more for world unity, more than agendas and political enforcement.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Here's the problem though... There's little question that what people were TRYING to do in the recent election was to reject the political establishment. And many believe they HAVE. But by electing Trump have they really accomplished that? Or were they sold a Bill-of-Goods? As Trump continues to select some of the most dyed-in-the-wool politicians and political up-and-comers to fill his staff and cabinet, it sure feels like the latter. The apologists will tell you, 'he needs people who know the political system' to run the country. Really? Then is the conclusion that we will never rid ourselves of the ingrained political establishment because they are the only ones who can run the country? And if so, was electing Donald just a waste of time? Trump's selling point was that he was an outsider and although he had no political experience, he is a kick-ass businessman and in almost all cases knows more/better than the insiders (a claim I personally find unsupported by the facts... but I digress). And if Trump truly believes his own claim of superior management/business chops, shouldn't he be filling his appointments with similarly skilled 'outsiders' instead of the Who's Who of politics he clearly prefers? Some are giddy over the alleged overturning of the political establishment. But will they ever come to realize that all they got was a front-man for a different group of trough-feeders? And will this damage our future chances of ACTUALLY overturning the political establishment?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I think the states will all secede eventually, the national debt will be forgotten, lots of 'states only' currencies, a joy for wall street, bartering will be a big thing, especially for the oil rich 'states' such as Texas, water will also be bartered, and wheat, interesting time ahead for what was once the USA.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
We are heading into Tribalism soon, might as well adopt the style and live like Mad Maxes.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Freedom has been replaced with security.

That's globalization in a nutshell, as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

I'm an outsider looking in (not an American) and i can't believe any American can even think about believing that they voted for anti-establishment.
The very nature of the political infrastructure in the US prevents that from ever happening.
All u guys can choose from (if u consider it a choice) is 2 sides of the very same coin.
Both controlled by the same ppl.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Justanotherman

That's true. But the really sad part? We aren't FORCED to vote either Republican or Democrat. We do have the power and ability to choose any other person we want if we could form some modicum of a consensus in that regard. But the political, two-sided monopoly has successfully brainwashed the populace into believing that voting for anyone besides the Reps or Dems is a waste of time and a wasted vote. Every election, the percentage of votes cast for non-Rep/Dem candidates has grown incrementally. But we'll be long gone at that rate. And the sad thing is we DO have the power and we DO have the ability to organize and truly overturn the political establishment. People just can't seem to put the KoolAide down.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: SignalMal
I'm concerned, because I can't tell which world view would truly be better. Is the world not ready to have a global ordered system of governance? Will it ever? How do we expect to progress without coming together?

We progress by competing against each other. What motivation would you have to progress if there's no one to win against?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Government is best when it is close to the people it governs. We don't want a global government to rule over us. The example is clear in the EU. Once in power they pushed laws on the local people with no regards for what they wanted and wouldn't even listen most of the time.

A global government would even be worse. Brexit and Trump are clear indicators that people don't want and refuse to be ruled by far away governance that doesn't care about your local issues and jobs. The media and others still have no clue why they have lost power and why their ideas have been thoroughly rejected by the people.

That does not mean we can't have agreement on global issues. However, individual countries and more so local or state communities want their laws and regulations to support their local views and desires. Not some global dictatorship that doesn't understand nor care what people want. Their focus is on their global corporate conglomerate. Like our own federal government in the US is facing rebellion to their dictates. The federal government doesn't care what you think and want to use force at the end of a gun barrel to force their dictates on local states and communities.

We can't carry out effective planetary defense and space exploration as a unified planet without doing so as a unified Earth federation. That doesn't mean we have to have one global government. We need to unite only on certain issues. Not give overall authority to a government not interested in our individual lives. People here on ATS know well what has been pushed by the UN and there is little reason to believe a global government would be any different. The US is a huge country. People out west do not have the same concerns and priorities that the east coast has. That is why state governments are successful. That is why there is so much angst about federal government overreach. It is the reason federal government limitation was so brilliantly enshrined in our constitution and and the problem with the fed gov being way outside of their constitutional limitations.

People have been brainwashed to fall in line with their elite rulers dictates. The people that are aware of what happens when governments feel much more powerful than their people. The elite want that power over the people. If they keep pushing like they have been it will not end well at all for them or the people.

edit on 20/11/16 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Unchecked immigration is the future of the World.

Communication Revolution already highlights the way towards de-civilisation ; the problem is what to replace it with ?

NeoSerfdom ,perhaps ?

I bet i can find plenty of slaves for the right price , right here , right now .

Nigel & Trump are decoys , wake up .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join