It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friday Nov 18, Thunder Bay Ontario.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Thundersnow seems the most plausible explanation for the one event yet the other event that was green/red seems a bit more odd. I don't ever remember seeing thundersnow produce those colors.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Yes, I think we can all agree now, it was probably Lightning.

So no Aliens this time.......next time, who knows?

link   

edit on 19-11-2016 by gort51 because: double post

link   

No explanation for you but, excellent description, had me gripped. Wish i could experience something similar

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

hahaha!! Cantore is getting WAY hyped up about it!

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Thunder Bay is on Lake Superior, one of the Great Lakes, so fresh water no salt.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Cool story Mac!

It doesn't help when everyone gets each other worked up either!
I'd say it was storm related, but hey anything is possible.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: vlawde
a reply to: In4ormant

hahaha!! Cantore is getting WAY hyped up about it!

Yes he is. I've never experienced it but I've heard it told that the light reflects off all the snow particles around you. It basically covers everything around you in a blue glow, even your own body.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51
Blaine91555 said that it was likely a Transformer blowing up. Transformers being from Cybertron would in fact make it an alien event!

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Well doing some background checking on my area. It appears that there has been a lot weird happenings in my area.
A place called Trowbridge falls ( about 3-4 km as a crow flys, behind my house) is apparently haunted and other weird things have happened there, including ufo sightings.
Now, I dont know what it was, but upon looking at transformers blowing up on youtube - that was not it.

As mentioned, no noise asides from the wind.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Im on a fresh water bay - Lake Superior

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Wow, helluva night! Regardless of the cause (I'm going with electrical, whether a power company arc or lightning), it's one of those shared moments that will be remembered by the entire family, with detailed stories for years to come! Just thinking about the description you gave - I bet you can't give such a detailed account about the same amount of time from the day before! Impactful experience, and a great family bond adventure!

On a silly note- I'm assuming "hydro" means electricity generated by hydroelectric power? I'm guessing that's the common term for it in the area, and it makes sense. To a non-local who gets his electricity from nuke, it sounds funny to refer to electricity as water, considering how careful we are not to mix our electricity and water.

Thanks for sharing the detailed story - it gave me a great mental image of the whole thing. Cherish the adventure with the family, now and for decades to come!

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
You dont get lightning during a snowstorm...
If transformers blow repair crews have to be sent out and would be noticed...

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: intrptr

On a normal day, its a 10 minute drive from our house to the area where the line was down

You saw just one tree down at night in "white out" conditions. There were probably more, considering the wind. The light would be visible for miles. At night with the power out, light sources are much brighter.

Blue flashes are the tell...

edit on 20-11-2016 by intrptr because: Youtube

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   
How long did everything stay lit up? Were they flashes or were they there for extended seconds? If you think it was extended, you should ask everyone in your family apart from each other, and instead of saying "flashes or extended seconds" ask them, "how long do you think each color was there for?"

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   

This is one of those postings that made me join up. I read yours and was amazed by it, i don't know what it could be but sometimes the paranormal doesn't make any sense at all. Really love your yard though lol!

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: WhateverYouSay

The blue light that the wife and kids saw, was there for 15-20 seconds.

The flashing that i witnessed, once i was inside the house was very brief. Id say 1 second tops.

As for the possibility of road crews or anything like that- its non existent. The crews had to wait until the weather cleared up to be able to head out.

I tried watching on the side of the road for the duration of the drive from home back to town yesterday. The only place that as far as i could tell, was worked on by hydro crews, was the area where i seen the tree downed during the storm. The tree is all cut up and piled nicely on the side of the road.

Thats the only place that was visible damage done to the power line, but theres trees down all over the place. In the bush behind our house there are trees broken off at the top scattered all over the place.

Its just baffling. Upon watching those thunder snow videos, its apparent that this was not the same thing. Im sure we would have heard the thunder coming from them.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I was hoping for aliens, but I still love a good mystery! What other weird things have happened in your area??

top topics

<< 1   >>

join