It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, here's a story for you.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
After perusing the boards, I thought I'd post a story that has puzzled me for the last ten years.

While I was living in the north of England for a while, I had to go to the shops for something (Can't remember what) and as it was a bright sunny day, I put on my walkman and walk up.

Got to the shops with now worries, just the same as every other time I had been there, but, on the way home, I remember leaving the shop as I put my walkman headphones on. The next thing I remember is being about 25 yards down the path with no recollection of walking the distance at all. What was even stranger was that the walkman had played through at least 20 to 30 minutes of tape.

I don't recall any flashes of light, any wierd noises, infact to this day, I don't recall anything at all except for thinking that it doesn't take 20 to 30 minutes to walk about 25 yards.

Sorry if this doesn't sound very spectacular like some of the stories, but there you go.

I'd welcome any thoughts or comments.

All the best,

Motorbike Man

EDIT :
I should perhaps point out that although I have no explanation for what happened, I believe it was an abduction. This is partly due to various dreams over the years that I freely admit could possiblly be down to unconcious suggestion but also due to a couple of totally unconnected people telling me I have had proof of the existance of E.T.s

[edit on 26/1/05 by Motorbike Man]

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Well, if you don't already know, what you've described is commonly termed "missing time". I'd suggest a hypnotherapist visit, and try to find out what happened during that time. Missing time is common in abduction cases, but not ONLY abduction cases, it's a phenomenon all itself, and could be different mental conditions responsible also...such as mild schizophrenia, etc. Just don't even mention anything at all about possible ET related ideas, etc. and see where the session takes you... It may not be an abduction at all.

Or, just be happy that ignorance is bliss and don't go there....

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Motorbike Man. My opinion, you were so deep in thought, and never considered the walk you have made so many times, you were where you end up realizing how did I get here... I do the same thing when I'm driving,
I come to a stop sign, and ask myself where in the hell am I... due to the fact, I was so caught up in thought.... Sometimes I amaze myselfs to remember what put me here without a contience(sp) effort. Then I remember how to get where I'm going... Until I get on this site.... and ask myself the same question.
Unless you can recall more, that would be my first guess!

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Can we rule out any medications, liquor, etc...? I am assuming so but I always like to ask.

As Gaz pointed out, missing time is a phenom all its own these days. Occam's Razor would indicate the alien abduction being the last explanation.

Was your life in any "unique" way dramatically different then normal then?

Some possibilities to ponder, it would be very strange to have unaccounted for time in your mind, brought on by nothing you can point to.

m...

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I agree with everything that every one has said about it being very strange and probably down to something totally normal. (BY the way, no drugs, no alcohol
would have been my first question as well.)

Jessemole, I know what your saying, I would never have thought it strange if it wasn't for the walkman. I usd to do a lot of airgun shooting, so I am very used to not only how long it takes me to walk 25 yards or so, but just what that distance looks like. It was the fact that the walkman seemed to jump 20 - 30 mins that brought the distance to mind and started me thinking about it.

My life before and since has been relatively normal (as normal as most anyway
) so I can't even say that it was a life changing experiance, just a curiosity that has stuck in my head ever since as something that was not quite right.

Sorry I can't be more spectacular

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Don't be sorry your story isn't spectacular. Honestly, if you suddenly remember in a dream that is WAS in fact an alien abduction, or discover the same thing in a hypnotherapy session (which I also highly reccommend) I'd believe your story much more so than many other stories I've heard. The fact that you're not jumping to conclusions about what happened to you will also make you seem much more believable if you find out it's an abduction.

new topics

top topics

join