It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd Amendment Doesn't Cover Toy Guns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Too bad we can't sue politicians for being incredibly stupid!
The story:

The Washington Times reported Wednesday: �An Annapolis lawmaker wants to enact a law that would ban most toy guns in the city and fine parents whose children are caught playing with the toys outdoors. Alderwoman Cynthia A. Carter, Democrat, said the law would ban all toy guns except for clear, brightly colored plastic guns. Mrs. Carter said the law also would give prosecutors more leverage against defendants who use toy guns to hold up banks or other establishments. �If someone commits a felony with one, they will not only be charged with the crime but also with using a toy gun,� said Mrs. Carter, who has been a member on the Annapolis City Council since 1997."

Read the rest of the story:

rushlimbaugh.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I heard about this on EIB (Yes I listen to old Rush). I have to agree, this is an incredibly stupid move. This will be a huge waste of time, taxpayer money, and general personal freedom.

Oh well, doesnt surprise me.

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Yea, makes me want to paint my 357 bright yellow and red.

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
�If someone commits a felony with one, they will not only be charged with the crime but also with using a toy gun,� said Mrs. Carter, who has been a member on the Annapolis City Council since 1997."

I have a question!!! What do you think the added sentence to the bank robbery will be for the "using a toy gun" conviction???

And do you think the guy will admit it to his cellmate?

What are ya in for?

Oh...attempted robbery and using a toy gun...ahem.

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 08:57 PM
link   
No, Val, he'll probably claim he shot a man in Reno just to watch him die!

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Okay, now that they're working on the incentives for it, I'll just start using a *real* gun for a crime & make sure to leave no witnesses that I even had one in the first place...

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Eeesh! I grew up playing with toy guns, and I never shot anyone with a real gun or tried to. Its better for kids to play with guns. I dont want my little boy to be senestive and girly I want him to be a barbarian.

The Feds would be at my house all day taking away toy guns.

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 12:34 AM
link   
That is crazy, I'm sure there are more important things to be making laws about than TOY guns!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I don't see why you are looking at it so superficially, the politicians are just sick of hearing on the news about how police gunned down by instinctive reaction, some poor 12 year old who was carrying a realistic looking water gun or some crap.

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Oh ya, my friend bought a BB gun that looked so real. We were playing around and stuff with it acting like it was real in front of these little kids(which was really stupid) but they went and told their parents that we had a gun and they called the police and like 2 cop cars pulled up in front of my house screaming at us to put the gun down. My friend almost got shot full of lead, scary situation if you think about it. Is a cool story to tell people though

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 12:55 AM
link   
he'll probably claim he shot a man in Reno just to watch him die

dude what magazine was that in! now that i read that it's freakin killin me. it was an interview with the just married chick before that movie.

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by HuramAbi
I don't see why you are looking at it so superficially, the politicians are just sick of hearing on the news about how police gunned down by instinctive reaction, some poor 12 year old who was carrying a realistic looking water gun or some crap.

You don't understand? And who is looking at it superficially?
How many 12 year olds are getting gunned down while playing cops and robbers or cowboys and indians in your neck of the woods?

[Edited on 29-6-2003 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I guess going POW! POW! when playing cowboys and indians is out now huh?

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 01:28 AM
link   
It's happend before TC, guess you don't read the news very often.

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Isnt that the reason that toy gun makers started making them in dayglo neon colors in the first place?

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 12:52 PM
link   
that is very interesting

top topics

join