It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest Cabinet Shortlist According to the NYT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Trump is narrowing the field.

IT'S COMING ...

There are a lot of names on this list that could implode the news for weeks. But there are also a lot of nontraditional picks which is a very good thing IMO.

I know I should add more here, but I didn't want to try to copy/paste the whole list and that's the really the news in this. I could have snipped it, but then there is no reason to chase the link. It's basically all laid out there, and I figure this thread will really be about discussing the pros and cons of the list itself.
edit on 19-11-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Don't believe the crooked NYT !

However, apart from simply reporting the 5 already appointed, they are just doing guesswork.

edit on 19-11-2016 by HeywoodFloyd because: edit

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: HeywoodFloyd

They are, but at the same time, anything the transition team says can be taken as true. So Rudy being in heavy consideration for Sec. State is likely a given. However, what is also true is that they are aware of a potential difficult confirmation battle, so there are likely another list of candidates.

I would also guess that anyone who has gone up into the Tower is under consideration for some kind of post. I am guessing they are being interviewed just like you would interview for a private sector position which is something somewhat different. Usually this is not done because the president elect simply appoints.

We know there are two names for Sec. of Ag. -- Brownback and another I can't recall who are at the moment highly favored by the Transition Team.

I have also heard buzz that Huckabee will end up being the ambassador to Israel.

So I started this thread partially as a place to talk about these picks and to collect rumors.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I put very little faith in these shortlists. They're speculation from writers and politicos not a report from the candidate. All we've heard for literally months is Christie/Gowdy/Giuliani for AG... how did that turn out again?

I guarantee you Trump had 2-3 people picked for each position months ago and that it hasn't changed.

I will say, I'm pretty sure we won't see another senator in his cabinet. The Republicans only hold it 51-49. If two senators leave, it's possible to not guarantee confirmation because it will be down to 98 members and stuck in gridlock until new senators can be appointed.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: HeywoodFloyd
So I started this thread partially as a place to talk about these picks and to collect rumors.

I understand, and I appreciate the idea.
The key point, in my opinion, is who Trump will appoint as Secretary of the Treasury:
this will show if he is truly independent, or not.

If he takes someone from Goldman Sachs or from the Federal Reserve - as ALL the last Presidents did - it will not be a good sign. It will mean more of the same as in the last 40 years.

If Trump appoints in the position someone from outside the banksters circles, there are good hopes that things can really CHANGE (for the better).

I'm on the fence.

edit on 19-11-2016 by HeywoodFloyd because: edit

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Sessions ran unaposed. Probably not going to find a Democrat replacement.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

How many Senators you will see will depend on what the replacement rules are for their states I am willing to bet. In some places, the governor appoints a replacement to serve out the current term, and a lot more states will have Republican governors appointing presumably Republican replacements.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Sessions ran unaposed. Probably not going to find a Democrat replacement.

Does Sessions get to vote on his own nomination? I thought he would be pulled out, the Senate would vote, and then the governor would replace him. In which case it's a bad idea to pull too many Republican Senators out. If the new appointment gets to go in before the nomination though, then things are different.

top topics

join