It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alt-Right Creating Fake 'Black" Accounts After Twitter Ban

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

Bots are a problem too, on both sides. Accounts with MAGA avatars copy & pasting anti-black/anti-semite comments on a thousand different pages, and accounts with BLM avatars copy & pasting anti-white/anti-police comments on thousands of other pages.

Honestly, I think a good portion of it is connected to groups that would benefit from a full on race war in the US ie. Soros and MoveOn

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   

I wrote something on larping hacking and only a few people payed any attention. I wrote about how they bait and target people in other threads and nobody payed any attention.

I did.

In part, it's because tribes and alliances are becoming more concrete and people's thinking is becoming limited in their own minds. Take these far-right racists? They've hitched themselves to Trump and loving the limelight. Most Trump supporters can't bring themselves to condemn them because it's like turning on their own side. I've seen alt-right ATSers squirm and deflect to avoid saying white supremacists aren't wanted.

Same with the left-leaners and racist comments by black people on Twitter. They should, but don't, condemn racism in all its forms. They can't find the words to because criticising *any* black people runs against the typically Left values.

This thread hasn't got the 30 flags and 100 posts because there's no room for triumphalism by either side.

What you've been saying about 'larping' and so forth should be generating more interest. It's been fascinating (for me) to watch the genius level of media manipulation over the past 2-3 years. Sure, there are young anons involved for the lulz and the joy of playing people. There are also experienced, savvy media maestros who have shifted the tone of western social media according to their agendas. I've kept track by watching the diffusion of phrases and buzzwords.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Bots are a problem too, on both sides. Accounts with MAGA avatars copy & pasting anti-black/anti-semite comments on a thousand different pages, and accounts with BLM avatars copy & pasting anti-white/anti-police comments on thousands of other pages.

Honestly, I think a good portion of it is connected to groups that would benefit from a full on race war in the US ie. Soros and MoveOn

These are wise words

Too many people are unwittingly playing a part in someone else's plans. There are people on the fringes and in the shadows who dream of race wars on the streets. When I see

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

The bot wars are pretty obvious. Tensions on the left are higher due to emotion over the results of the election. hell even i love to rub some salt on the left from time to time.

But the level of actual cyber warfare and mind games right now is really interesting. Spoof accounts,spoof websites and political demographic targeting is just so damn interesting. The hackers are using psychology and inventing new tactics to affect the population without them even noticing it. Its like mind hacking and its amazing! I honestly believe this election was a test of some sort. With the military running some high level psy-ops polymorphous program. I know I sound like a crazy person

Often the results of hacking are to gain something to get money or to use other peoples computers to attack something or to just destroy or mess up someones day but the main goal is usually money or power.
This is like watching multiple hacks in action with a completely different intended goal in mind aka influence. Its cordinated at mulitple levels from trolls to bots to hacks to spoofs to each intended to spread influence most people dont even see it and if they do its not to the level that they think would affect much and even then it only a fraction of the program.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

I wrote something on larping hacking and only a few people payed any attention. I wrote about how they bait and target people in other threads and nobody payed any attention.

I did.

In part, it's because tribes and alliances are becoming more concrete and people's thinking is becoming limited in their own minds. Take these far-right racists? They've hitched themselves to Trump and loving the limelight. Most Trump supporters can't bring themselves to condemn them because it's like turning on their own side. I've seen alt-right ATSers squirm and deflect to avoid saying white supremacists aren't wanted.

Same with the left-leaners and racist comments by black people on Twitter. They should, but don't, condemn racism in all its forms. They can't find the words to because criticising *any* black people runs against the typically Left values.

This thread hasn't got the 30 flags and 100 posts because there's no room for triumphalism by either side.

What you've been saying about 'larping' and so forth should be generating more interest. It's been fascinating (for me) to watch the genius level of media manipulation over the past 2-3 years. Sure, there are young anons involved for the lulz and the joy of playing people. There are also experienced, savvy media maestros who have shifted the tone of western social media according to their agendas. I've kept track by watching the diffusion of phrases and buzzwords.

I think you do understand but haven't fully grasped the idea behind this. This is way past media maestros and young anons. Think back to when microsoft created an AI that turned into a racist nazi loving feminist hating anime lover. Horrified they turned it off. The AI was taking input from real people on the internet and it created a monster lol.

Its the opposite type of situation with a program creating influence on the population of people using different methods to influence people in large groups or targeting demographics groups to push an agenda. Its too massive and cordinated to be a bunch of people. This thing whatever it is changes and morphs playing both sides.

Elon musk and bill gates and other people have been talking about how good AI is and how it scares them. Yet all we hear is how the best AI has the mind of a 5th grader. Serously they have seen something recently and not just fortune telling on the future of what AI could be.
My guess is they have knowledge of high level black ops stuff being leaders in their industries and they cant say anything.
edit on 19-11-2016 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Its the opposite type of situation with a program creating influence on the population of people using different methods to influence people in large groups or targeting demographics groups to push an agenda. Its too massive and cordinated to be a bunch of people. This thing whatever it is changes and morphs playing both sides.

I'm not quite ready to jump that particular AI shark. However I'm all-in on the premise that we're being collectively steered into a metaphorical iceberg and it's disturbing. I haven't worked out the whos or the whats.

We mustn't forget the past and how humanity is able to lose its mind every few decades. I'm seeing signals from the 1930s with political lurches that ultimately started WW2, the Cold War and the surveillance state we're seeing today. We're heading for trouble and too many 'useful idiots' are yeehawing all the way. AI or history repeating again? Dark times are ahead of us and especially for the youngest ones.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

If I am not mistaken their point is ALL racists should be banned then, not just white racists.

Do you not agree all racists should be banned?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Oh trust me, I LEARNED.
To be honest, ATS is my prime alt news, infact, what is posted here is usually some news a few days later on the "NextNewsNetwork", I even commented on how I like the vids, but their source is slow.
So trust me, we learn.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

That screen grab proves nothing. Is it shopped? Was there other posts that factored in? I've seen plenty of racist tweeters not get banned for much worse.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Isn't this a "tempest in a teapot"?

I mean, who actually uses Twitter?

I've seen it, but I have never "twittered".

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Konduit

That screen grab proves nothing. Is it shopped? Was there other posts that factored in? I've seen plenty of racist tweeters not get banned for much worse.

The way twitter works they usually view previous posts and look for a pattern.

This has been blown way out of proportion in my opinion.

Much like ATS, you have to alert twitter to the problems.
Otherwise they're left to stand.

The alt right are not as noisy when anti-Zionist posters are banned either.
It's selective outrage.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

You think that's funny? They probably only get unstable people which they then use to foment against whoever their target was. This distorts reality and reinforces hatred. It divides us more.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I don't understand why this propaganda and power grabbing continues. The republicans and Christian conservatives have it all. You can accomplish all the tearing down of the federal government, have as many wars as you desire, more Christian laws written, and push "the others" to ghettos, camps, and detention centers. Get on with it.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

heh.

And I get called a drama queen when I say that all the leftists just want us dead.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I am waving the white flag of surrender, I don't know what else you want from a liberal. I am ready to get on with it, like going to the dentist. Some people seem to like beating a dead dog. I will continue to visit ATS to see how happy people are.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Happy?

People have been getting their cars trashed/torched for having Trump stickers on them. People have been shot/beaten because they sided with Trump.

You leftists are scaring the crap out of the population!

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Well, make a law or put them in jail with existing laws. Your guy can, he has the congress too.

ETA From my understanding the protests are not going to stop.

edit on 19-11-2016 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I guess it just sucks to be us. . .huh.

(don't hurt me)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I guess we will find out. It depends on how they use all that power and for whom.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
online: my god, we are soo near a race war its frightening.

go out: hang out with every color under the rainbow with absolutely no tension and everyone happy having a drink and dancing.

online exaggerates the outrageous, but its not the norm. When you feel you had enough, go visit some casual social setting (a bar or something if you drink, perhaps just a coffee shop, etc) and you will get some much needed perspective on how most people are sane and not involved in all this nonsense that full timers online are pushing.

In saying that, Twitter double standards is disgusting, and the "trust and safety council" is absolutely as agenda filled draconian as their absurdly dystopian 1984 style name suggests. I like twitter, but they are fully on board the "protection" by only allowing people to be overtly racist and sexist towards white men. I guess they view that as punching up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join