It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The only pilot to fly Both the F-22 and the F-35

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Interesting it's a BAE concept and yet we only build the rear fuse and operate the B's!!

I would put it down to concept artist taking liberties, surely it would be easier for artificial intelligence to fly and the 'man' in the loop being an intelligence officer?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

It was one of those "Hey y'all! Watch this!" concepts. It never had much chance of going anywhere.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yes, makes sense. There seems to be plenty of room where that lift fan would be. The Marines and Navy would likely love to have a 2 seater.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
[

Please don't lecture me on whether or not I should post such things, I have breached no part of my security clearance, shared no classified information, BAE themselves will share what they want, when they want if and when the ongoing arguments with LM are settled.

Sir, I trust you to know the the boundaries.

What happens here some times is that the trolls very often try to pester and taunt people "in the know" to reveal stuff.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SmilingROB

The concept drawing had a longer fuselage forward of the intakes, judging by the hump present the lift fan was still there, weapons bay was longer too it appeared.

But is was simply a series of concept drawings, few tech details but that's very common at BAE .

Ah well my last post, that was the old job.

Back to my old profession now and time to get sand in my boots again.. take care all.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: suvorov
lobbyists

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

That was an excellent disposition. They are really afraid of the F-35. So much so that he even claims that they've abandoned hope for parity with the US on a technological level. Their only goal is to make their defenses so good too make a war with us financially pointless. The amount of respect he shows for the ability of the F-35 is admirable. He almost even denounced the F-22 as a 4++++ or 5- aircraft. Stars for you.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Caughtlurking

Still, it's only one Russian. There's probably Russians that Poo Poo's this guy's
opinion.

No different in opinions in this country. If his views are prevalent in Russia, that's a different story.

Hard to assess whether it's a good thing or not....

edit on 19-12-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join