It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Congressional phones jammed by calls for Trump conflict-of-interest investigation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com...

If you’re trying to call the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, you might find yourself on hold for . . . the afternoon. The committee’s phones became jammed most of Friday after several Facebook posts calling for an investigation into President-elect Donald Trump’s finances started to go viral. The messages urged readers to call the panel to “support the call for a bipartisan review of Trump’s financials and apparent conflicts of interest.”

The power of social media and a telephone! That beats protests turning into riots! People are calling for an investigation into Trump's fiancials since the shady business man refuses to release his taxes!!! Another first for Trump! His charity foundation is also suspended and under investigation by the NYS Attorney General for racketeering. So there's definitely some valid concerns there.

People are also pissed that Trump, for some reason, wants his children to play a huge role in our gov't. For example, having Ivanka at a state dinner with Japan while Trump refused to allow reporters access. Another valid concern.

Boy, it would be a shame if this caught steam and an investigation opened.

Damn shame.
edit on 18-11-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I stop trusting Trump after he appointed a White Nationalist as adviser. Believe me if given the chance, the White Nationalists would shred the Constitution.
edit on 11/18/2016 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

+56 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
They've thrown everything including the kitchen sink at Trump, at this point they have scraped right through the bottom of the barrel.

It's so fun watching liberals implode.

edit on 18-11-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

I don't expect a Trump supporter to understand any of this but if the tables were turned and it was Clinton who took office refusing to release her taxes while also being under investigation for racketeering I'm sure conservatives wouldn't be imploding at all or anything. Nope, totally fine with it I'm sure.

Ignorance.

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Why is a concern for you that Ivanka went to that dinner? Why would you want media presence at a dinner?

Can you give a source for your claim of Trump's charity being under investigation for racketeering?

+53 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

You mean like how Democrats ignored Benghazi, Whitewater, email scandals, pay-to-play, primary rigging and Wikileaks for a year and a half?

Maybe you should clean your own house before making judgments about others.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
They've thrown everything including the kitchen sink at Trump, at this point they have scraped right through the bottom of the barrel.

It's so fun watching liberals implode.

Amazing though, liberals aren't exploding, we are hold his feet to the fire, how will he deal with it? He resigns in less than a year, and leaves us to deal with D-Bag Pence.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

You mean like how Democrats ignored Benghazi, Whitewater, email scandals, pay-to-play, primary rigging and Wikileaks for a year and a half?

Maybe you should clean your own house before making judgments about others.

All of those things have been investigated a 100 times over and no charges, maybe the republicans need to be charged with false prosecution. Asshats.

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

I don't expect a Trump supporter to understand any of this but if the tables were turned and it was Clinton who took office refusing to release her taxes while also being under investigation for racketeering I'm sure conservatives wouldn't be imploding at all or anything. Nope, totally fine with it I'm sure.

Ignorance.

Her running for office ended just the same, by her lying incessantly to everyone including congress and the FBI, and half the things she is hiding are locked up in that black hole of a cesspool the Clinton Foundation, including child trafficking, but yeah, lets just worry about Trump's finances because you don't think he should have all of that wealth, because he's the enemy. But Hillary is fine..

+20 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Geez, only about half the top brass at the DNC was forced to resign. I wonder what Donna Brazille and Debbie Wasserman-Schultz is up to lately? Had to throw someone under the bus...

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I'll be the first to absolutely agree Democratic politicians are corrupt but if you're sitting there thinking Republicans aren't just as corrupt, Trump most definitely included, well to your deflections I can only show you this...

Btw, I'm not a Democrat. I don't pigeon hole myself into cheerleading for one party over another.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

I stop trusting Trump after he appointed a White Nationalist as adviser. Believe me if given the chance, the White Nationalists would shred the Constitution.

Wow talk about RACIST! why do you have to mention what colour someone is?? And whats wrong with being a nationalist? Its defiantly better than being a globalist is it not?

Nationalist ˈnaʃ(ə)n(ə)lɪst/Submit noun 1. a person who advocates political independence for a country.

Please get an education instead of a hand out.
edit on 18-11-2016 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Geez, only about half the top brass at the DNC was forced to resign. I wonder what Donna Brazille and Debbie Wasserman-Schultz is up to lately? Had to throw someone under the bus...

And Bush and Cheney have been threatened with being prosecuted with war crimes.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

link   

+3 more 
link   

I never said Republicans weren't corrupt, you have quite an imagination.

There's a reason why Trump was essentially running against both parties, or did you forget about the primaries already?

BTW I'm an Independent, I stated a long time ago on ATS that if this was a Clinton/Bush election like it was meant to be, I would have voted for Jill Stein.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I never said Republicans weren't corrupt, you have quite an imagination.

There's a reason why Trump was essentially running against both parties.

Run against both parties but get an establishment VP, neocon cabinet, and a GOP staff. Looks like he is trying real hard to fit into the Republican elite club. Some outsider eh?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Trumps wants his 3 favorite adult children to be apart of his govt. That has been made very clear and continues to be so. It's bad enough I'm stuck with a prez whose first job in his entire spoiled brat life is leader of the free world but now he wants his spoiled brat kids apart of it too? Yeah, screw ALL of that!

I could provide you a source, I call it google.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Pence wasn't the VP the establishment wanted him to pick, that's for sure. The fact that he is purging all the lobbyists from Trump's cabinet should be a clear indication of that.

As for the staff, I'm sure the last thing he wants are two-faced politicians that have been calling him a racist Nazi for 18 months. I think that's just common sense.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join