It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swearing Could Be Linked to Higher Intelligence

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Well flip ship pank rollocks.
Who would having flipping known eh?.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

HUH???????

What the heck does that mean????

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Well I can't swear on ats but you can guess which words I changed a little. Oddly enough ir was the title of our first song when i was in a band.
In the e cord.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Most of my cussing isn't at people, it is at inadament objects.

Being able to say rude things without using swear words is a far bigger sign of intelligence imo....

"Ya pathetic heaving sack 'o flaccid sour pigwind 'n bile"

Words can be such fun.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I think it is unwise to conflate the ability to vigorously express ones frustration, with use of either foul or entirely legitimate language, and the tendency of some of our less noble members of society to use curse words as mere punctuation.

For example, if I have a bloody good shout at something, yes, the air will turn blue, reality will flex inward and then outward again to account for the spew falling from my mouth, but the message will be fairly clear all the same, precise, targeted, focused and absolutely surgical.

But there are those, who whether having a fantastic time or a terrible one, will use curse words rather than commas, apostrophes, or periods, or sometimes in place of entire words. There was a fellow in here not twenty minutes ago, who came in looking for cable clips, and before he had completed one sentence, he had said the F word about eight times, mostly while fumbling for the correct term for what he needed.

Do not get me wrong, I love a good curse every now and again, and would not suggest that having such in ones vocabulary marks one as of low grade intellect and little charm, because I know this to be false. However, I do think the conflation involved in this research, is evidence that someone wanted to publish some work, rather than publish some good work.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Most of my cussing isn't at people, it is at inadament objects.

Not many of them around eh?

I curse at inanimate objects sometimes, although I prefer smashing the snot out of it/them rather than cursing and swearing. It makes me feel like I win even when I have lost.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

I try real hard to just cuss at inanimate objects, like you said it is a lose.
Swearing just doesn't make sense but it works for me.

Not many of them around eh?

I curse at inanimate objects sometimes, although I prefer smashing the snot out of it/them rather than cursing and swearing. It makes me feel like I win even when I have lost.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join