It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swearing Could Be Linked to Higher Intelligence

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Absofu**inglutely.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

What a pile of utter nonsensical c£ap and S49t and total and complete W£%k.
I disagree.

Oh come on you had to be expecting these joke's and that we would bite.

Cheered me up no end, thank's to you and the other commentator's for a good but admittedly immature chuckle.

edit on 18-11-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
!@#$%#! the #$%^#$%^ out of me. I knew $%$^%&$^%&$%^ and so I said @#$%@$@$#%2 and that when %^%*%%#$&#&$ every time.

I'm gonna go cure cancer now.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

It is a fun story, I can't talk to the accuracy. It would seem that when watched people would, I guess swear differently.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
You mean you don't poop out of your mouth?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Well.....f**k I swore an awful lot in my 10th grade English class but, never got in trouble. Anyone else that did. Fu*&ING did. The teachers explanation was I used in the proper context haha. I also had my hand up for every question and, set the curve for the class.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

What a ridiculous study.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaelci

Men or women swear more? Men swear more frequently but in private, who knows.

Did you not write this thread?
women use f-word more than men

The reason why women use the f-word more is because it is always on their minds. You see certain women parts make men absolutely nuts. And women are around those parts ALL the time.
edit on 18-11-2016 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Interesting, you just made my day! It reminds me of Scene 2 of King Lear:

A knave; a rascal; an eater of broken meats; a base, proud, shallow, beggarly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave; a lily-livered, action-taking knave, a whoreson, glass-gazing, super-serviceable finical rogue; one-trunk-inheriting slave; one that wouldst be a bawd, in way of good service, and art nothing but the composition of a knave, beggar, coward, pandar, and the son and heir of a mongrel b*tch: one whom I will beat into clamorous whining, if thou deniest the least syllable of thy addition.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Well damn would you look at that.

It's more likely that the reasons people don't swear are often linked to things that lesser intelligent people are linked to, like religions that make an attempt to control every aspect of your life, or to a certain standard their parents raised them with, not questioning their command but following.. If that makes sense.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

edit on 19-11-2016 by breakingbs because: -

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

edit on 19-11-2016 by breakingbs because: '...

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I'd always thought of it kind of like kids smoking. Trying to impress. I doubt there is any real evidence that those who cuss are any smarter. It seems to me often a fill-in word such as 'like', 'uh', 'dude', 'man' and the like. A word of seeming significance exclaiming intensity, urgency or importance, when the person has little command of the spoken language.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Heh...I've always maintained that F# is the most versatile word in the human vocabulary. It can be a noun, a verb, an adjective, an adverb, a pronoun, a preposition, a determiner, and an exclamation!

See...BRILLIANT!

ETA...the only word class I haven't figured out a use for "the word" is as a conjunction...but I'm someone will figure out how to do it sooner or later!

edit on 11/19/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Then I'm the smartest MF I have ever met.

edit on 19-11-2016 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Personally, I believe that women have achieved full equality when it comes to swearing.

I'll never forget the year my mother-in-law stopped hosting christmas dinner and my stepdaughter did her first. OMFG!!! No Grandma, no rules, every other word began with F.

The karma was about a year later when my stepdaughter was upset that her 4 year old was swearing....

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Being able to say rude things without using swear words is a far bigger sign of intelligence imo....

"Ya pathetic heaving sack 'o flaccid sour pigwind 'n bile"

Words can be such fun.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot
Being able to say rude things without using swear words is a far bigger sign of intelligence imo....

"Ya pathetic heaving sack 'o flaccid sour pigwind 'n bile"

Words can be such fun.

Oh, you're one of those F# kinds of people! Holier-than-F#-thou!

(just kidding of course!)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I knew this guy onetime who came from this super-religious family. He worked on a construction site with me for a summer once. He would always insert the word "Foo-Fah" in place of the 'F' word. And he said it A LOT too! It was pretty funny sometimes.

He'd (often) say, "I don't give a flying Foo-Fah" (I could understand that one). But when he'd say "What the Foo-Fah?" or "Foo-Fah YOU!" people would look at him like he had a 2nd head.

One time a guy almost punched him out when he said that; he thought he was saying "Loofah You!" (he thought he wanted to loofah him). LOL!!

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

lol...

hairy grave swill.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join