It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Why did Steve Bannon say "darkness is good. Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power."

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Any chance we'll start hearing anything positive or inspiring from this admin or is it only darkness?

So far this seems to be just a movement for #ssholes who get off on being #ssholes. And same for the followers. No sense of unity or any kind of desire to reach out-- just a bunch of #ssholes ... all they succeed in doing is making me hopeful of their demise. It feels like they actually want a civil war. We get no sense that they are friends to the American people.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Bernie was the one to get things done.

HRC and Trump are not the answer.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: gpols
As far as we know Bannon could have modified, substituted, or came up with a whole new list of "rules" that he is panning to implement.

No need. One of the things that came up after the 2012 loss was using these rules against leftists, or at least recognizing what is happening and responding with effective counters.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

Any chance we'll start hearing anything positive or inspiring from this admin or is it only darkness?

Only darkness from the lib/prog/statists.

Personally I found the Trump/Pence message of 'America will be great again', 'You'll get tired of winning', 'We're fighting for all Americans' etc to be very optimistic and hopeful.

So far this seems to be just a movement for #ssholes who get off on being #ssholes. And same for the followers. No sense of unity or any kind of desire to reach out-- just a bunch of #ssholes ... all they succeed in doing is making me hopeful of their demise. It feels like they actually want a civil war. We get no sense that they are friends to the American people.

And this is the dark response.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Yeah really f#cking inspiring.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

a reply to: Teikiatsu

Yeah really f#cking inspiring.

And I f#cking hope you prosper along with everyone else

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

homosexual activity

Basically anything that's opposite.

Systems theory would regard "opposite" or de-correlative behavior - the opposite of a behavior suggested and inclined by the nature of the situation - as being "entropy".

Why else have the Wachowski brothers changed sexes? Why else do we see a mass-hysteria about sexual identity? De-correlation. Do the opposite, and by doing the opposite, you "create" yourself.

Clearly, everyone knows from within their own personal experience what this feels like. The "rush" of the taboo. The thing you have blocked off from yourself, and your own fortuitous encounter with challenging your own boundaries.

I know it - I can empathize with the situation as happening - but I cannot, at all, tolerate the pursuit of such thinking when the consequences are so intense - when people die, suffer, and experience pain that does not need to be experienced.

I see at the heart of this issue an existential fear that is being processed in the opposite direction. These people do not realize - because modern neuroscience was not yet developed - that their entire being has been structured as a function of the sorts of relational stimuli they experienced as they self-organized into a brain that could correctly predict how to be in the presence of others, and so, how to become motivated, and how the world affects you.

Identity is a CONSTRUCTION OF CONTEXT - for elite as much as for commoner, so a part of me actually feels compassion for them, no matter how insane and deranged their thinking, they're just as embedded and embodied as everyone else is.

I'd like to think that this doesn't go deeper, but it probably does. The world and everything within it probably exists in "harmonious equilibrium" with everything else - such that my identity as a living being is a possibility made real by a context that "constructs" the background condition needed for my existence: an oxygenated atmosphere, itself a creation of plant life, and the creatures which "consume" the product of photosynthesis (oxygen) they themselves "give back" to the wolrd in the form of co2.

Feedback. The world that these people hate, apparently, is a world of give and take, reciprocality, mutuality, and in the case of the human being, it is because we mutually recognize one another as needing beings that we even evolved consciousness in the first place. Consciousness "suckles" from the teet of mutual-recognition, from friendship, kindness, love, play, mutual awe etc.

There is such a deep existential conflict within people like this - who are willing to transform themselves, because every evil action literally constructs into you a "form of enlivenment" i.e. attaches you to a behavioral referent that, if it entailed some evil action, and generated a positive affect, has now got a control on you that you were too naive to know in the beginning.

A part of you almost wants to get angry at God - because we are all, all of us, very naive, very un-aware creatures, because we in fact are living in the present - moved by the present - even though the conditions which shape our future entice us forward, only to enchain us. Indeed - some people, afforded by a set of interpersonal contingencies, are brought forward in life to become an "elite", in some way or form, such that theyre baited into a deeper and deeper form of perversion.

What I'm saying Ankh: were all in this together. Something tells me that even the detested elites, Humans just like we are, are as "structurally fitted" to their way of being as a traumatized human is prone to see things through the lens of the worse-possible-scenario.

If we only knew how happy we would be if we didn't plot against one another, or hurt one another, or feel threatened by one another. But indeed: trauma is everywhere, because anger and irritation is everywhere. The body becomes aroused when it sees or reads things - when "contradictory meaning" hits it, it lashes out, like a bodily reflex - but this time, a neuropsychodynamic reflex of the "feeling self" against what another self is saying to be true.

We wont mature past where we currently are until we recognize that our mental environment - what we know about the motivations we have - emerged out of and is a continuation of the external environment. That is, just as the amygdala will respond to an approaching pack of wolves, it will also respond to a thought with a negative experiential referent; it will respond to cues in the context that remind the self of a negative past experience. In short, being a Human self is a HIGHER LEVEL than having a physical body. But importantly: it is dynamically connected to the processes of the body, so that self and organism continually inform one another in a loop. This is also the major reason why ALS, Alzheimers, and MS, among other conditions, are the characteristic "threshold" for dissociative ways of managing affects during life. In short, the brain works "best" when the brain-mind properly correlates information with the outside world - as self-world correlations happen to produce a coherent and dynamic integration within the brain-mind. However - if you're like a Ronald Regan, wishful ways of thinking will catch up and "eat" away. Indeed, the plaques form as mistimed protein replication - and mistimed because the hippocampus (the starting area of Alzheimers) is repeatedly being "inhibited" by a by-now automatic neurological-psychological process that dissociates important and relevant information i.e. truth and facts.

There are costs for lying and misleading. They come - whether within this world or beyond this world, i am fairly certain (based upon the functioning of matter within this world) that you can't escape this.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Where precisely are you getting these ideas that you make as blanket statements as if they are entirely factual and true yet without the supporting evidence, in large part because Trump hasn't even really named his people yet and haven't even taken office yet. Isn't the proof in the pudding?

How can you make such judgements right out of the gate and demonize your opponent, which not even Saul Alinsky advocated for in a book he dedicated to Satan.

You can't just start with HITLER! That's not an argument.

If you have evidence to back it up, fine, let's hear it, but otherwise this is just the epitome of hyperbole, intolerance, hatred and fear, and it's not helpful.

Just because it's what the failing MSM is offering for consumption doesn't mean that it's true.

It's a failed argument, right at the outset.

Me I don't even judge Barack Obama in hindsight since each man is just doing the best he can with the resources that are available to him.. and sometimes they'll go very low to go high even try to reach for the aid of the devil, but what can you do but forgive them entirely and leave it to them their moment of epiphany or reckoning or what have you.

I'm also praying for Hillary Clinton, that she too can be consoled and her sense of humor mirth and charm restored at last.

Not in Trump's failing, surely not.

Are we not all Americans? (well, I'm actually Canadian to be honest)

What's going on when George Soros is encouraged to fund these protests and the entire MSM is putting out all this absurd fear and loathing news about AH! Trump! as if the sky has fallen, the world has ended, and American has gone dark, the light of Liberty somehow snuffed out because Trump won.

That's crazy!

It's so highly prejudiced in the extreme that it's not funny, and it, the prejudice, is actually what is tearing the country apart right now, as if to try to lock in all that angst and fear and loathing based only on an unfounded assumption or presumption - well if this is how the Democratic Left are going to go out and down, if this is their "voice" then then they are in deep trouble, as is the Mainstream media who've completely lost the narrative because they don't really understand it, what's really happening and what the real mood of the country is.

They're allowing themselves to be set up as a strawman argument to be taken down, particularly if the Trump Administration manage to deliver good results.

Their voice is shrill and irrational.

And here I was a staunch Clinton supporter and anti-Trump opponent, until I came to realize that we might actually have a voice that is heard and understood.

ATS. Reddit. InfoWars, and all the rest.

We are the resistance.

But if Trump embraces evil - then he's done according to the picture that's been painted of him and his intentions - then the MSM would win and he'd lose and it would be all over for him as the whole thing could turn on a dime.

Thus it's all about the people he hires and surrounds himself but even moreso, who he listens to, including you and me and Alex Jones.

It's freaking hilarious!

Please, participate with us in giving Trump a chance, just in case he does a good job and just in case they do listen to us and to the Netizens of the world.

Netizens of the world unite against evil empire and Satan, in all of his many forms and MO's, and let us begin to participate in living into a world of our own making that's authentic and true to ourselves in the domain of a protected Liberty where the tradeoff for a lasting Peace is a lasting Prosperity, in a spirit of mutuality and 360 win/wins all around - that's got to be the focus, not the black magic blood ritual sacrifice amid the dispensation of the world's only indispensable nation.

If Trump can reverse course and make everyone see the light, then we're into a whole new ballgame. An American ballgame.

It's a very interesting idea and movement and I'm grateful and honored to be a part of it, and I say that as a prior Hillary supporting anti-Trump person, of all things.

In that change of heart and mind where all things become possible, all things become possible.

GIVE TRUMP A CHANCE

edit on 20-11-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Jackson was into genocide. Bannon, evoking Andrew Jackson, is trying to pave over the humanity of many Americans in order to make them expendable to those Nazi-like Americans.

Resistance is NEVER futile.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

truly evil.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: cfnyaami

Those Operation Paperclip leftover, multigenerational Nazis, are among the satanists that need to be fired and replaced as efficiently as possible.

That should be Bannon's mission. To remove them all from the wheels of power and from the establishment machine who doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground, nor even the ground itself.

They're lost and like the blind leading the blind.

This could be Biblical, this transformation.

And by that I don't mean white racist nationalist KKK Biblical - just to clarify.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

ISIL had their version of where the great "transformation" and great battle will go down too. Then that plan when to hell when the holy town got routed by allied forces and ISIL had to cut and run.

Maybe we should throw out all the folks who put religion above everything else. How do you think society would function without the need to refer to a religious text?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

So you really think Trump is really interested in making "america great again"?

Honestly, there are too many world situations for this not to turn into the long prophesied world war 3.

Consider these contexts:

• South China Sea: Duterte now allied to China; which means America will not be able to control important sections of the south china trading lines - which of course has economic consequences.

• Trump's position on NATO basically opens up Eastern Europe to Russian predation.

• Trumps election will be a psychodynamic boon for ISIS and Jihadism. People simply do not think! If Trump - as president, and therefore, the prime exemplar - speaks without restraint, attacking Muslims, then many Muslims will be forced by this new psychodynamic "wave of dissonance" to find a new identity. Many, or most, will go to a liberal humanism that puts empathy and common humanity ahead of all else; however, if even 1 out of 10 turns to radical jihadism, this will still be 500,000 potential terrorists. There are 5 million Muslims in America - and so it is INCREDIBLY DANGEROUS to speak in isolating and dichotomizing ways - yet, of course, the entire Trump team is all about this. They WILL GENERATE - simply because they are bellicose, unrestrained fanatics - an internal situation of intense fantacism between conservative extremists and jihadist extremists, each thinking and believing the other is absolutely and completely evil.

• Besides not giving a damn about climate change, Trump seems intent on increasing American production of coal, natural gas and oil-by-fracking. They also seem intent of forcing Canadian provinces and the states to build the key-stone pipeline, even as native tribes and liberal activists seek to prevent it.

• Other situations are Iran, Israel and America. This is a very, very big situation that has not been resolved, but rather, will be reopened as Trump seeks to renegotiate the deal with Iran, whatever that means. This stance will only further destabilize an already incredibly chaotic middle east, and, as the Israeli's must know, will put their state in jeopardy.

• ISIS keeps growing, and indeed, they seem to be receiving help from the Saudis as well as Turkey. It's as if Turkey wants to direct the Sunni ISIS against the Kurds in Syria, Iraq, and Southern Turkey. Iran, conversely, is trying to contain ISIS in the east of Iraq.

The problem of jihadism is that it is virtual; you need merely be inspired to act. Clinton - as well as Obama - understood the virtual nature of the problem, but it was never articulated in a way that made the language we use - and the way language activates and contextualizes the responsivity of others - as being crucial. In other words, if rhetoric shifts to the rhetoric that Trump, Flynn and his whole team speaks with, you will be shifting how the mind-brains of Muslims experience their identity - as they experience themselves more and more "unknown" - seen as other, alien, and "bad" by the society around them.

Liberals of course will offer a safety net; but its not those people one should be worried about, but the disaffected Muslim youth who, being influenced by American culture, will seek out a "strongman" solution consistent with American culture i.e. Jihadism.

• Because Trump is so so very dangerous, situations in other countries will likely reach their boiling point: North Korea vs. South Korea/Japan. Pakistan vs. India - both these situations have the potential of going nuclear, and if the world is seeming chaotic, the radicals in Pakistan seem poised to use them, or, conversely, the Hindus in India may be so threatened by Pakistans extremist reputation, that they may be impelled to preemptively attack Islamabad.

So........... I would put the South China sea as a very real situation at the forefront - something even Henry Kissinger indicated as a potential 'firestarter' in his most recent book on China.

• posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:38 PM
    link   
    a reply to: gpols

Everybody refers to something.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:46 PM
    link   

Why do you think Bannon's up to that? He probably will realize the MGN (Nazis) are his long=lost heroes.

Bannon is not a hero.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:00 PM
    link   
    a reply to: Astrocyte

Why don't we make it a thing for people to refer to common sense and not the gossip of the day?

Of course then we run into the problem of common sense not being so common.

The problem with not differentiating between radical Islamic extremist and Muslims is that all radical Islamic extremist get mixed into the Muslims that have no interest in blowing themselves up.

You end up putting them in a situation much like our friend AnkhMorpork has put all satanist in. They are all evil and have no place in society.

Bannon has mentioned that he wants this Trump thing to rule for 50 years or more, by making people prosperous, etc. Honestly it sounds like something straight out of a White Nationalist playbook and the "dark" part is leaving out the "white" in front of Nationalist. Which is really ironic when you think about it.....
    edit on 20-11-2016 by gpols because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:17 PM
    link   
    a reply to: gpols

common sense

How do you define common sense? Common sense is an abstraction which not everyone defines in the same way.

Of course, I believe the 'golden rule' is a good place to start for common sense, yet a lot of people don't even think the golden rule suffices (I disagree with them).

Common sense exists, it just isn't very commonly known - and it isnt known because to establish common sense, you need to be metacognitively aware of the conditions that construct your awareness (epistemology). Epistemology, in turn, should guide your sense of whats real vs. not real.

You claim to be a satanist - and my feeling towards Satanism, of course, is not very good - given that, at least with Laveyan satanism, manipulation i.e. lying, is a part of the creed. When you are open about this, you can't blame people for being skeptical of your intentions i.e. of your sincerity.

Hence, trust is truly the most essential emotion. But when you subscribe to a belief system that erodes trust by placing manipulation as the 'core of the creed', you lose much - or even all - credibility.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:23 PM
    link   
    a reply to: Astrocyte

Common sense is an abstraction which not everyone defines in the same way.

Sure it is. Criminal's know they are criminals. They are completely aware that what they are doing is illegal, yet they see the risks being worth the rewards.

I'd say it's much the same with anyone in a position of power, people willing to bend or break the laws to manipulate a population, clients, or even employees. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Hence, trust is truly the most essential emotion. But when you subscribe to a belief system that erodes trust by placing manipulation as the 'core of the creed', you lose much - or even all - credibility.

Think about that statement.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:55 PM
    link   

Actually I didn't start with Hitler. You did. I started with #sshole, and I really don't think you need proof.

As far as his #sshole followers, just look at the people he's hiring or look here on ATS.... total #ssholes with not a single unifying word. I have waited for some kind of positive message. There is none.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 09:37 PM
    link   
    a reply to: spiritualzombie

I'm not an asshole and my message is a unifying one. Everything's possible right now and it's all up in the air, so I'm going to err on the side of being the eternal optimist as the only rational position to take unless and until they prove otherwise which will quickly become apparent.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join