It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Why did Steve Bannon say "darkness is good. Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power."

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO
a reply to: theantediluvian

When are you going to realize your liberal arts degrees are clouding your mind with insanity, a comparison list of Hillary's group leaves Trump's looking like a choir assembly, but for some reason you march on.

Why do you not turn your insane ramblings around and start defending Trump on EVERYTHING, break free from the ties that bind you.....

Meanwhile, the guy is not even in office yet.

And your country is a joke because of leftist leaners.

And maybe the right is actually ahead on the evolution swing now, and they ARE.

I used to crush the right all the time here, and everywhere else, but you moronic liberals have made them look like by FAR the more reasonable group.

Sure hope you guys can make a comeback, cause it looks right now, like you are a worse enemy than anything in the world.

The left is was the ideal in my view a few decades ago... but they got over run by a bunch of race baiting, finger pointing, control freak, psychopaths and now they really are a threat to every country in the world.

Humanity just won a couple of big battles in 2016 against their truly evil ways, but the fight continues. It will be a long struggle as one thing we know about the psycho's that infiltrated the left is that they will cheat, lie and kill to get their way.
edit on 19/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You know, I had so bought in to all the propaganda and rhetoric, that I didn't have the first clue about what you guys were all talking about. To me, from my POV, you all appeared to be crazy but now, after taking another look, I can clearly see how I had it all wrong, and that you actually knew what you were talking about and that your instincts about the Clinton machine and the collusion of the MSM to prop up their candidate, was bang on the money.

I sort of hated you in a way and I thought you were just dumb and dumber and were spouting nonsense and hyperbole. It was like you were speaking from another dimension of reality.

I still think that the Democratic platform of working to build a ladder into the middle class through more affordable education, higher minimum wage, taxing the rich fairly, etc., are great ideas, but if all the economic fundamentals are not sound and if the whole world is a mess based on their "strategy of tension", then it's all for naught if the country is going down the drain under the guidance of the "ruling class" or so-called "elite" who have the MSM in the bag as nothing more than a propaganda arm of a corrupt system.

I was wrong.

I therefore owe you and all the Trump supporters here at ATS, an apology.

I thought I was awake before, but now I'm really awake, and I can almost feel a new wind of the spirit of Liberty in the air, and all new possibility in a new domain of as yet unrealized potential and performance, which is a bottom up phenomenon based on hard work and self determination within an expansive domain or sphere of individual civil liberty that is real, honest, sincere and authentic.

What I really like about the new emerging reality, setting aside all the MSM-hyped hysteria and the not so subtle innuendo aimed at Trump as if as a threat to his life ie:

is how, we the people are given a voice and are being heard, and not simply looked down upon from some elitist high perch that revels in a collectivist mentality and the idolatry of celebrity culture.

If "Satan" (even as an allegory or principal) were thought to have a massive edifice and scaffolding propping up an illusion, to see that falling and crumbling in favor of the individual as "at cause" and as an active historical participant in progressive change for the better, then that's really something to behold.

I also know that God is always ready and willing to wipe away the tears from our eyes when we turn and accept his consolation.

These are very interesting times.

I realize that a lot of people detest Alex Jones, but just look at what's happened and what's really going on, as the globalists and the Soros-Clinton machine are doing everything they can to hold to a narrative that isn't even based in reality and that's fomenting a hatred towards something entirely ephemeral and trumped up (no pun intended).

It goes to show that the Clinton's favorite slogan of "love trumps hate" was nothing but a platitude, because the left and leftist MSM are promulgating so much hatred, fear and loathing that it's unbelievable.

edit on 19-11-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

WHAT A GREAT OP!

Splendid facts and commentary. But unfortunately they wont listen. We tried to tell them they were being deceived and they didn't listen then. I'm afraid its too late

They've opened up HELL

And it ain't going to close no time soon

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
What is the leftist MSM going to do when the completely lose all cred as it's discovered and seen that Trump and what he and his people are doing and are all about, doesn't square for a moment with the picture that the MSM are painting and when he utterly defies, yet again, their framing and context.

If I were him, I'd see that as confirmation that he's on the right track and it would serve as a great source of inspiration to quite literally "make America great again" for all Americans, and all people of all walks of life, cultures, races, and nation states from the bottom up and from the top down.

That said, I think that the right or the new right, has to stop gloating and work to calm everyone's nerves, because it's all getting out of hand, but again, that's the MSM and the old establishment at work fomenting all that angst and fear.

I don't really think that Steve Bannon is a Satanist, but that he was poking fun at both the left and the old right or that he was being facetious because we know that the Trump camp are not supporters of the Dick Cheney Neocons.

He knew full well how they would latch onto that kind of statement to try to validate their frame of reference ie: that they're "evil" and power mad for nothing but the sake of power, just like the old Cheney people, but looks where that took us, and the wake of death and destruction that it left in its wake.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork
WTH?!

I thought that Pence and Co. were Christian, and were working hard to get the Satanists out of the system?! Dick Cheney was a disgrace. How many have died unnecessarily because of that philosophy? One million, two million? Enough dead to filled 10-20 Superdomes?

Real power, authentic power, is empowering to the individual. It rises from the individual, from the bottom up and returns to the individual. It's not a top down phenomenon, it's not about military might.

Jesus died for the cause of Individual Civil Liberty, among other things and really gave it to the PTB and won.

His genius was not informed by evil and darkness and raw power, but was instead the logic and the reason of love, albeit an uncompromising love that had no truck with evil.

What's Bannon up to with that type of comment?

Then again, it's better the devil you know than the one you don't or that's hidden by a private face and policy, so at least he's up front about it.

Part of the problem though as we've seen in modern history is a privately held Satanic viewpoint and even one that engages in black magic and ritual sacrifice, in the case of 9/11, on a grand scale.

I'm angry with him.

Dick Cheney? Really?

I thought that Trump and Pence and Bannon were going to root out the Satanists in the network and all their shenanigans and skullduggery.

For the love of God and people, the model of Christ of willingly carrying the load of suffering to make our cross lighter, born of love, is the true and authentic model of Civilized Leadership and the very light and cause of Civilization, one person at a time (not collectivism).

The oval office must project goodness and righteousness, not embrace the "dark side" as Cheney said!

For God's sake that's the kind of attitude that got us into this whole mess and nightmare in the first place!

What an asshole, unless it's a ploy to draw them out and have them openly confess that they are in agreement with this attitude and philosophy, so as to betray themselves - I sure hope that's what he's up to.

I'm very uncomfortable with people who see the Power as a top down domination, amid the stratification of society and civilization along class lines.

Courage is another matter, but it's courage in the face of the Satanic, and light in the darkness.

What the hell's he thinking talking like that?!

Edit: Reference

www.cnn.com...
What a messed up world view. When you don't get your way, you just demonize the opposition and everything they try to do becomes evil in your eyes? This is a major fault in the minds of the religious. Everything they don't like becomes the devil. How dramatic your life must be. Do you know who the nation voted to be the president and vice? Trump and pence!! Get over it already and get another hobby!!

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

It all depends on your point of view.

If you really seek to understand what's really going on, then you may see that we were operating according to the wrong paradigm.

Jesus gave everything for the sake of freedom and love and individual Liberty and in fact, everything that's worth living and even dying for, to uphold, in the face of a corrupt and evil empire that was sucking the people dry and subjugating them.

I think when we think it all the way through, what we're seeing is something that's almost providential.

Bannon was making fun of both sides I think and made that statement with a high degree of forethought to drive a double wedge in two directions.

I think he was poking fun at the old view of "power", while throwing out a hook to the MSM who he knew would run with it.

I've seen a lot more evidence of occult Satanism among the Hillary people, than from the Trump camp.

I could be wrong, but I trust my evaluative skills.

I think I over-reacted in the OP, but, that it was also an important point of discussion because I believe very firmly, that they golden key to their governance involves the installation not of a cult of personality in the oval office, but an authentic model of Civil Leadership for which Jesus Christ has already taught us everything we know and is still teaching us to this very day.

What concerns me, however, is the hatred towards the left as much as the hatred of the left towards the right, and the degree to which the MSM and voices like Obama's, are not the least bit helpful to healing the wounds, although wounds, to be healed do first need to be fresh and on the surface, which isn't such a bad thing, provided every effort is made to heal them, not just with material and economic well being, but also spiritual growth and well being, and mutuality in a spirit of brotherly love.

Both sides are really hurting the heart and soul of America, so there are still a whole array of lessons to be learned through all this.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Give me a break. It's called freedom of expression and you may note by my other posts that I'm open-minded and evaluative.

The LAST thing we want or need are for those Neocon crazies to rule the roost again, and there's been a whole lot of satanic BS that's been going on for a long time now, and it's time that it's brought to an end so that we can breath the air of Liberty and get to work building a better world for ourselves and our neighbor.

What the anti-religious don't seem to understand or grasp for a moment is the reason and logic of the love of God in Jesus Christ.

If you understood and had the first clue about what Jesus and John the Baptist conspired to do, and the level of genius involved, your hat would be off at their feet in a heartbeat.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Well said. Everything from OP to Schuyler's post was reasonable too. Others haven't read much beyond OP. It seems to be nailed and resolved so far. We'll have to wait and judge them by deeds.
However I've still got this feeling that things like these (hand signs, "jokes") are important symbols once done in the open no matter if they can deny it and make others look like idiots when they point it out. We've seen the use of symbols before. The wording can be a Freudian slip or/and simply something that had to be said

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I think it would be fair to interpret Bannon's words exactly opposite to the interpretations of the OP. The words are unclear and will remain so until they are restated and clarified by Bannon himself.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: fractal5

I think it would be fair to interpret Bannon's words exactly opposite to the interpretations of the OP. The words are unclear and will remain so until they are restated and clarified by Bannon himself.

If you work in the MSM you don;t need to wait... you just need to pick any words and make them mean what you would like them to.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Why did Steve Bannon say "darkness is good. Because he's f$cked. Darkness only goes so far. The light has no boundary ,it just keeps on going. The light has more power that ever be imagined.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Could someone take a minute to dumb it down for me, what is being said and the unbiased implications of it? Try as I might I just don't get this story...

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
RE: www.cbsnews.com...

Steven Bannon thinks just like President-elect Donald Trump. There will be very little disagreement between the two men in this area of thought...

""I'm a nationalist. I'm an economic nationalist," Bannon said in the interview. "The globalists gutted the American working class and created a middle class in Asia. The issue now is about Americans looking to not get f---ed over. If (the Trump White House delivers), we'll get 60 percent of the white vote, and 40 percent of the black and Hispanic vote and we'll govern for 50 years. That's what the Democrats missed. They were talking to these people with companies with a $9 billion market cap employing nine people. It's not reality. They lost sight of what the world is about."

Bannon also said he wanted to scrap the establishment Republican Party and start anew with Trump's movement.

"Like (Andrew) Jackson's populism, we're going to build an entirely new political movement," he said. "It's everything related to jobs. The conservatives are going to go crazy. I'm the guy pushing a trillion-dollar infrastructure plan. With negative interest rates throughout the world, it's the greatest opportunity to rebuild everything. Shipyards, iron works, get them all jacked up. We're just going to throw it up against the wall and see if it sticks. It will be as exciting as the 1930s, greater than the Reagan revolution -- conservatives, plus populists, in an economic nationalist movement.""

-cwm

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Bannon just took the fun out of it all by evoking Dick Cheney and Satan.

For what it's worth, when Satan took Jesus up to the top of hill and showed him all of the glory of his earthly ownership and power, and offered it to Jesus in exchange for his adoration, Jesus declined. He rebuked the offer of trade, opting to serve "God".

What's the take away from that story? ...All of the earth is owned and run by Satan. Those that think they "own" any part of it have made a deal with the devil. Those who tell you that they intend to dispense " true Christianity" through governmental rule are wolves in sheep' clothing.

They're betting that you also have adopted the Christian brand, bought the book and joined the club, but never experienced and don't understand the spiritual journey that Christianity is.

Yeah and all the data is in now on that model of "leadership". We don't need any more education.

Authentic leadership is different, it's whole motivation is different, and what's interesting is that it's that place where only what's reasonable and rational and in the end, loving, prevails while the vile hatred and intolerance passes away amid a higher degree of economic self determination or to put it bluntly, according to the results delivered.

Those results require an infinitely more settled world, so we need to roll back ISIS into Syria, aggressively, then set up a protected safe zone in Syria by mutual agreement which might one day become the border of a new country as a small portion Syria is set apart (not annexed) to help create the new Palestine on both sides of the Jordan Ruver, in favor of a permanent and lasting Peace will be a lasting and sustained mutual prosperity that is in everyone's best interest the whole world over. American interests to be first have to be first and last.

I think Trump understand this, as do everyone else, including the brat in North Korea who only wants to protect his own ass for the long haul.

The BIG DEAL is at hand, but it's going to require a level of diplomacy and the engagement of soft and hard power like a battering ram to help everyone see the light and release from the "Strategy of Tension" which has only served to unleash untold death and destruction and the emptying of the treasury.

Global prosperity begins and ends with the USA as the engine that drives the global economy so it's all about trade deals and getting good ones, Trump's so right about that too.

We should all take a wait and see approach I do believe, and recognize that the MSM are going to continue to implode for not taking that position, the American position that people have always taken as a matter of tradition, and here we have Obama telling the protesters to keep going in the present context of anger and outrage, fear and loathing - I don't think that's the right voice.

That could really backfire if Trump and the Republicans in the House and Senate manage to move everything in a positive direction for the country and the world.

It's as if the snooty, out of touch, "elite" establishment, by operating from a bubble of preconception and refusing to let go of their paradigm cannot process what has taken place and is really taking place, which has nothing to do with race or isolationism or any such thing and thus will be caught blind sided if Trump is able to deliver, which, since everyone presumes otherwise, is quite likely, given his record so far in defying all expectations, LOL.

I have to say that the left are not doing a good job of redefining themselves in the wake of this election and George Soros and the Clinton-Obama machine are not helping their case for the future if this is how they are going to go out and down.

They've lost touch. They can't see. Myopic in their arrogance and presumptuousness ie: that Trump and Pence are not interested in serving the interests of ALL Americans.

It's a terrible thing to assume about these men and what they are setting out to try to accomplish. To simply try to undermine them for no reason than because they lost.

There's zero inspiration in that.

Whereas on the other side is a level of optimism and hope of which they cannot even begin to fathom, but which also could apply to them if they were simply open-minded enough to consider another possibility, as I have.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I think it's very funny.

And in the final analysis, I don't think he's a fan of Dick Cheney or Satan or the type of madness that created the whole mess in the first place, and I've seen signs that the Neocons are largely excluded from a Trump Administration.

He sure managed to get a rise out of me in the OP, but now that I've thought this through, the more it all makes me laugh, but not a bad, devilish laugh, but a truly mirthful one at the irony of it all as if somehow God's own sense of humor and irony is at play.

The hardest thing to do is to get a joke at one's own expense, especially if it was somehow being told by God through fate and circumstance.

The Democrats haven't seen this as a teaching moment, as they shake their fists and undercut their own credibility because we have no idea what's in store. It could be good?!

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CatandtheHatchet

Clicked on the link you provided watched the first 2 videos CNN queued up and where did he say any of the things in your title?

Can you link directly to where Bannon say's any of that, or embed it in this thread.

Same here, I watched the entire video and NOWHERE does he say those things the op, and CNN claim Bannon says... If he said this in an interview where is the video? The video posted by CNN does not show him saying this.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

" Same here, I watched the entire video and NOWHERE does he say those things the op, and CNN claim Bannon says... If he said this in an interview where is the video? The video posted by CNN does not show him saying this. "

It's Called " Yellow Journalism " , and the Constant in Any of it's News Reports is to " Twist " the Story to Fit it's Own Narrative . CNN has Mastered the Art , and has Lost it's " Soul " in the Process .

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Precisely. If he said it, it could have easily have been facetiously as if poking fun at the old guard Dick Cheney Neocon types.

There's no context except what' they've lined up with their narrative and yes, that's yellow journalism.

Goes to show only that Trump was right and that Alex Jones, of all people, is also right, and Steve Bannon who might even have just tossed it out there to see what kind of reaction it provoked, to test them and test their mettle and to see what they've made of, and it came back yellow.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Steve Bannon is Dangerous in more ways than one . He Understands how the Power of the Media can be Turned on them when Logic and Reason are Replaced with a Scripted Rhetoric which Exposes a Biased Intent .

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I just don't think that CNN can ever be thought of as "the most trusted name in news" (said like Darth Vader).

It's a good thing they dropped that slogan a longgg time ago and in a galaxy far, far away from here, from this moment in history.

I think they've lost the narrative and have failed to recognize and catch up with the new more real reality and an American spirit that blows through farm country and small towns, and it's not racist, that's a mischaracterization of the sentiment, which the MSM seem to be ignoring while trying to move people in a direction of hatred, fear and loathing, with neither Obama nor Clinton lifting a finger to tamp it down or calm people's nerves, while in private, conspiring with George Soros to foment a different narrative of darkness, racism and evil.

You don't do that after an election has been decisively won. It's un-American and decidedly undemocratic. It's also not in alignment with the progressive worldview of tolerance and love, mutuality and all that good stuff - where did that all go? "love trumps hate"?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join