It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Why did Steve Bannon say "darkness is good. Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power."

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   

"Darkness is good. Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power. It only helps us when they get it wrong. When they're blind to who we are and what we're doing."

Sounds to me like he called people like Dick Cheney dark, and it's good because it helps when suck dark power ignored the threats around them. Given that he positively despises Dick Cheney, I rather doubt he was describing himself as like him.

More propaganda from CNN - more nonsense that is not going to work.

It's a cool story though.
edit on 19/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

He means the system of the earth. Everything else would be from God.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Essentially that is what a Frankist is---Jew Christian and Muslim is a mere front
edit on 19-11-2016 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Our entire political system is filled with hypocrisy, lies and self-serving representatives. Our leaders and political representatives are showing their dark side. They have no values nor do they have any kind of integrity to stand by their convictions. Trump has proven time and time again he's a blatant liar and his word can't be trusted. Trump wins the election and bates them with a possible job in his cabinet and all of a sudden they become his best friend. He tells them to jump and they ask him how high! What a bunch of shallow self-serving b*st*rds. All these political conservatives and democrats who vehemently attacked Trump are now coddling at his feet. How can any American trust our government leaders when they can't be true to themselves?

I'm not a religious person and I don't go around quoting the bible, but one particular verse in the bible describes this entire mess perfectly..."beware of false prophets." Trump appealed to the anger and fear of most Americans. In the meantime his rhetoric and blatant lies fell on deaf ears.

His cabinet is made up of "whack jobs and people with tremendous baggage." Sarah Palin is being considered to be part of his cabinet! This is the same whack job that rambles senselessly and wrote notes on her hands during her Vice Presidential Debate! What a joke!

Those who voted for Trump say, "you watch he'll make a lot of changes. The huge question is...for the better and at the sake of American values?

Good luck my fellow Americans, we're going to need it!

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I've said elsewhere, and I stand by that, that I will give and am giving this new administration the benefit of the doubt - as I try to extend to all administrations, and have done for all administrations - and that Obama, Clinton, et all were no means immune to extremely strong criticism from me as well (I supported neither.) So even with this, I will wait and see what actual policies are enacted and how they affect our society before I conclude whether all of this will be a net positive or a net detriment.

That said, imho no one who professes to be Christian and voted for this platform should be surprised or shocked by such rhetoric. You voted for a man - without judgment, just observation - who said he supported torture "even if it doesn't work," that we should target the families of our enemies, that he longed for the "old days" when disruptive hecklers and protesters at rallies would be "carried out on a stretcher," who asked during an interview when questioned about the notion of repentance (which to be fair, he also said he thought was "terrific,") "Why do I have to repent or ask for forgiveness, if I am not making mistakes?" and who when giving a speech about keys to success added, "Get even with people. If they screw you, screw them back 10 times as hard. I really believe it."

I'm not trying to cast aspersions. As I said, I really am giving him the benefit of the doubt. Rhetoric does not necessarily indicate policy. But if indeed that is what he believes, and you contrast that with the sermon on the mount, regarded as one of the most central - if not the most central - teachings in all of the gospel:

Mat 5:43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
Mat 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Mat 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Or perhaps what Christ himself said there was no greater commandment than (hence it being called the golden rule):

Mar 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
Mar 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
Mar 12:31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

... then, without judging him personally or those who chose to vote for him, and while resolutely hopeful he will do a lot of good (particularly in terms of infrastructure, job creation, a pulling back from perpetual armed conflict, and other things,) I do have to question why any of these statements or anything else should be surprising to anyone who professes to be Christian yet voted for him knowing all of the above.

(Usual disclaimer: I did not vote for Clinton.)

*Returns to logged out lurking status due to incredibly heated political climate.*

Peace.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Thanks for this thread.
I just read this in a german newspaper and thought that this is worth a thread, because it shows that the "most sane" persons are getting into power now, in that US oligarchy.

edit on 19 11 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Trumps charter is to save America not change it and what is to be saved never had that much to do with God

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

It's because Bannon is a POS!!

How many times do others have to point out that Trump is a con man and full of sh*t. He's surrounding himself with total scum and scoundrels who are there because of their loyalty. You've all been sold BS on a massive scale. These guys aren't going to be your saviors or hero's. They will be destroying everything they touch.

As far as them being good christian people, don't make me laugh. You want to meet a real honest and true christian you won't find one in DC, or Politics, or who's Rich and Powerful. Why??? Because those people don't need Christ anymore with all their money and power. They of course will lie and tell you the opposite but you know the truth by the lives they live and the things they do.

These are bad men. They won't help.

But of course many of you just won't believe it until everything around you is burning so telling you all this is just a waste of my time. But that's fine. Because in time you'll see it yourself.

Nice little package. Now personal thinky time.
Thanks

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Your confusing myth with the real human experience.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Really now, don't you think Trump and company are screwing with the MSM and the left wing nuts. Every time the MSM and the left go nuts over something that's said they must be laughing it up in the tower.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
DT's favorite tripple six hand sign makes me kinda nervous. It could be unintentional though.
..but now Bannons around him saying stuff openly?
Always a catch.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Doesn't sound much like draining the swamp to me.

When you are going to drain the swamp you get swamp guys to do it.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

It's the power of Christ, as a manifestation of the power of God, where Virtue may be defined as power, restrained, that overcame the world and the world system.

If that's the case then why is a false Pauline theology spewing out of a "christian" church. The world system is based on the Roman Empire Mark II; they still bow down to a man called a Pope.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

It's starting to remind me The Simpsons so much. Like a Bolivian Tree Lizard cleanup plan

or Homer going to college:
"The only antidote to a Zany Scheme, is an even zanier scheme!"
Nerd: Why does it have to be zany?

Seriously, can I just get a good ole standard burger without anything sick inside these days? No Mexican salsa, no halal meat, flies...
Why does it have to be zany?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CatandtheHatchet

Maybe but I think the language choice is probably more cultural than religious, especialy with the mention of Dick 'I shoot my friends' Cheney.

It's my understanding that he mistook the old lawyer, for a bird.

Shoots him in the face - I'm sorry, I thought you were a bird.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bramble Iceshimmer
Really now, don't you think Trump and company are screwing with the MSM and the left wing nuts. Every time the MSM and the left go nuts over something that's said they must be laughing it up in the tower.

That's what I think. I knee-jerked when I saw it and went into an outrage.

We know that the Trump camp don't look too highly or approvingly on Dick Cheney and fellow Neocons.

And if they know stuff, like how building structures work, then they know, internally, that 9/11 was an inside job. They are not stupid people.

It's that type of power, that bloody Satanic way of thinking, being and doing, that got us into this whole mess in the first place.

I think he was just messing with both sides by saying that.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

It's the power of Christ, as a manifestation of the power of God, where Virtue may be defined as power, restrained, that overcame the world and the world system.

If that's the case then why is a false Pauline theology spewing out of a "christian" church. The world system is based on the Roman Empire Mark II; they still bow down to a man called a Pope.

Because that's just how powerful this little man was in optimising his fellow man relative to an evil empire, and then perpetrating the ultimate hoodwink upon them to fasten tight a double bind.

It was so effective in fact, that to prop up their empire and maintain continuity, that they had to try to hijack his authority, and replace Senators with Cardinals.

Just think about that, the power of a righteous opposition to corrupt power when it's done with absolute genius and with an uncompromising love.

What do you mean precisely by Pauline theology?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork
a reply to: CatandtheHatchet

www.hollywoodreporter.com...

He seems to have expressed the sentiment in terms of an iron will that's opposed to the leftist agenda.

I sure hope he walks back the comment.

This is stupid.

You're being way too simplistic here. In fact, you're reacting EXACTLY like he said the left would react. The whole issue is the left misunderstanding what he is about, accusing him of being on "The Dark Side." He is saying that is a good thing because it means the left messed up and did not understand the issues. He's also targeting the media here. Even the Hollywood Reporter, not exactly a paragon of reasoned news reporting, gets that when they point out that the media's reports of "chaos" in the transition team where completely faulty and, once again, missed the point because of their agenda.

The left loves to hate the right and call them evil and stupid, but in this case they got out-smarted. Bannon's Big Issue is that the American Middle and Working classes have been screwed over by the elitist globalists. That's his theme and that's what he hammered on in the election, isn't it? So how did the left react? By calling everyone who didn't agree with them a racist. My, what a measured intellectual response, huh? And what that did is piss a lot of people off who do not consider themselves racist at all and resent being categorized in that fashion.

You are reacting to a single phrase he uttered because you are sensitive to "satanism," but in a larger sense that is laughable. It's not a credible reaction at all. Bannon is making fun of the left. Once you understand that, his comments make a lot of sense. Continuing to misunderstand what he means is proving his point.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

You are sadly mistaken about this supposed Jesus character.

Any idiot can read the Bible and see no victory was had, he died for nothing and the PTB were emboldened and stronger than ever.

This has got to be the funniest thing I have read on ATS in almost a year.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

When are you going to realize your liberal arts degrees are clouding your mind with insanity, a comparison list of Hillary's group leaves Trump's looking like a choir assembly, but for some reason you march on.

Why do you not turn your insane ramblings around and start defending Trump on EVERYTHING, break free from the ties that bind you.....

Meanwhile, the guy is not even in office yet.

And your country is a joke because of leftist leaners.

And maybe the right is actually ahead on the evolution swing now, and they ARE.

I used to crush the right all the time here, and everywhere else, but you moronic liberals have made them look like by FAR the more reasonable group.

Sure hope you guys can make a comeback, cause it looks right now, like you are a worse enemy than anything in the world.

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join