It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Why did Steve Bannon say "darkness is good. Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power."

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Darth Vader is spinning in his grave being lumped in with the likes of Cheney.

My gosh have some respect for a dead Jedi.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
And here I was on a Friday evening about the kick back and lend my ear to the rant of Alex Jones, because it's just so gleefully amuzing and humorous and inspirational.

Bannon just took the fun out of it all by evoking Dick Cheney and Satan.

Ugh!

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I feel like puking!

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CatandtheHatchet
a reply to: olaru12

hmmm

and the OP provided a link to source their thread, which I looked at and asked a genuine question as it did not show any substance to the thread title or direction regarding Satanism, but thank you for your input.

Bold is mine.

"Darkness is good," says Bannon, who amid the suits surrounding him at Trump Tower, looks like a graduate student in his T-shirt, open button-down and tatty blue blazer - albeit a 62-year-old graduate student. "Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power. It only helps us when they - " I believe by "they" he means liberals and the media, already promoting calls for his ouster " - get it wrong. When they're blind to who we are and what we're doing."

Edited to add:

"I am," he says, with relish, "Thomas Cromwell in the court of the Tudors."

Because that worked out so well for Cromwell in the end...

Link
edit on 18-11-2016 by redhorse because: more content

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

Yes I read that in the article too, that Ankh provided after I asked my question, I then gave my response, and then further pointed out my rational to olaru.

Perhaps you have an opinion on the further points Wolff made in his article, where Bannon refuted being a white supremacist, and stated that the Clinton's presidential campaign was disconnected from the perception of the working class?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Ah, maybe I was freaking out over nothing. Everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt, but what a stupid thing to say or to evoke.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: CatandtheHatchet

So, you read it but you are denying that Bannon said anything about Satan? Weird.

Clinton's campaign was so very utterly and clearly disconnected from the perception of the working class that they didn't really count them as people. She and many in her circle hold the working class in such contempt, it's as if they don't matter at all.

I don't know if Brannon is a white supremacist. I honestly am skeptical that he would hold any ideology passionately enough to not be burned on the pyre to his own ego. If he thinks he can manipulate that demographic in order to achieve more power he will sure do it though. The same goes for his manipulation of the working class, which I think that he also holds in at least an equal measure of contempt as Hillary Clinton does.

I don't think he is a truly sympathetic to the proletariat plight or perspective. He's bitter certainly, and resentful of the elites, but not out of any sense of empathy for his fellow man; only out of a sense of personal entitlement that you only get from the profoundly narcissistic.

edit on 18-11-2016 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
These appointed people are not some SuperJebus heros. They are NeoCons for God's sake!

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
If Bannon wants some insight, he should really study the New Testament and come to understand how Jesus, in collusion with his cousin John the Baptist perpetrated the ultimate hoodwink and double bind on the PTB and evil empire, with full awareness of what they were doing and why.

But if it's all just a political calculus and there's no real love in it, then it's all for naught and will come to it's' end eventually.

He's really smart and very insightful, but just a tad too vengeful and angry for my taste.

IS he married? Does he have children?

edit on 18-11-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: typo

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

I don't think he is a truly sympathetic to the proletariat plight or perspective. He's bitter certainly, and resentful of the elites, but not out of any sense of empathy for his fellow man; only out of a sense of personal entitlement that you only get from the profoundly narcissistic.

Nice. Wow. Smart. Very insightful.

It's like he's railing endlessly because of a broken heart somewhere along the way who gets off on revenge.

He's probably the smartest and savviest political operative today, but again, without love, he's nothing and a nobody, no matter how much "power" and "influence" he may wield or what fear he can strike into the hearts of those who hate him.

I hope he finds and comes to understand the genius of Jesus Christ, not as a point of manipulation, but as a model of true and authentic Civilized Leadership in service to the cause of love, mutuality and individual Civil Liberty.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I concur with your analysis, though I perhaps give him slightly more credit.

On a side note to you, it is a pleasure to talk with you, I found one of your past post's where you talked about your personal experience profound and very relatable, the knowledge you shared from that meant a lot to me, thank you.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

replied to myself not my intent douh
edit on 18-11-2016 by CatandtheHatchet because: nom nom

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Just remember Donald Trump and Steve Bannon (if you're listening).

It was unfettered and unconstrained evil, and fighting fire with fire and pitting evil on evil, that generated this entire historical nightmare and insanity and all but brought the US to it's knees, while ripping out the heart and soul of the country and them stomping on it.

Don't wreck the heart and soul of the country by seeing it only through the lens of a political calculation for the power and the mandate to "rule" or govern.

There are about 325 million individual souls in the USA, and you've got the support of maybe 100 million of those or at best half of them.

What's nice though, is that I don't think you're going to start up with Collectivist speak, like Obama, when all the while speaking down to people from some sort of elitist position that revels in power, prestige and the idolatrous cult of celebrity, which is satanic.

God bless! (the real God, the God of love, who's love was made transparent by the willingness and open mindedness of a true and faithful and humble servant).

You're still missing a piece of this equation, imho.

edit on 18-11-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

To Address your edit I am not dennying that Wolff quoted Bannon as talking about Satan however I don't think it has much relevance in the context this thread has been shaped in, sorry Ankh.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CatandtheHatchet

To Address your edit I am not dennying that Wolff quoted Bannon as talking about Satan however I don't think it has much relevance in the context this thread has been shaped in, sorry Ankh.

I have to agree. The jury is still out.

It could have been a sort of "tell" though, or an overt Freudian slip.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

"Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power. It only helps us when they (liberals) get it wrong. When they're blind to who we are and what we're doing," he said in an interview published Friday, his first outside of Breitbart since the election.

Where is the title quoted in the article ?

What we have is the standard - this is what I believe that Bannon meant

The ex-Breitbart executive, who serves as Trump's chief strategist for the new administration, told The Hollywood Reporter that "darkness is good."

See the quotes there? That means that the reporter interpreted the meaning

More CNN glorified headlines and only deserving of file 13
For those that dont know , file 13 is the trash
Done.
Next

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I have to agree. The jury is still out. It could have been a sort of "tell" though, or an overt Freudian slip.

Maybe but I think the language choice is probably more cultural than religious, especialy with the mention of Dick 'I shoot my friends' Cheney.

I think many people realise there is a lot of twisting going on right now (more than normal after an election) there are multiple narratives at war, prehaps the best we can do (at this time) is try and keep our heads above water

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

originally posted by: Swills

Doesn't sound much like draining the swamp to me.

No, but it would make for an interesting tactic to draw the monsters and leaches out of the swamp like a magnet.

He appears to be power mad and is losing it.

It's the power of Christ, as a manifestation of the power of God, where Virtue may be defined as power, restrained, that overcame the world and the world system.

It's all about courage, and asking God for help - not going "Dick Cheney".

Lord help us!

The Power of Christ compels you!

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

You may be right.

Trump could be broke?
Trump could be blackmailed?
Trump could be an evil business man?

Or maybe he has simply been an aggressive A type personality who took advantage of his status around women?

We don't really know. And WiKi Leaks, or any other group, doesn't seem to have anything we don't already know on him.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Their candidate lost the election...yet they still have the nerve to think that Donald Trump, or any of his supporters, give a rat's arse what they think.

Listen to yourself. What about Trump being elected do you imagine is any different than any other US presidential election? It takes no more nerve to criticize Donald Trump, his appointments, etc than it has to criticize any that came before him. That you think that it's an actual thing smacks of authoritarian delusion and unfortunately, you're far from alone among the Trump politicult in saying such unbelievable things.

If Trump wants to lead us all, he might want to take better care in his appointments and consider factors other than rewarding the faithful and the loyal and finding ways for his children to participate like he's launching a familial autocracy. When do we start referring to his sons as Uday and Qusay?

Bannon has no place near the White House. Flynn is on recent video saying point blank that Islam isn't a religion and that it's a cancer. Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III is a wingnut who had is judgeship nomination withdrawn because of his neoconfederate tendencies. He's also a supporter of torture, civil asset forfeiture and regressive, failed, "War on Drugs" policy. So to hell with him too.
edit on 2016-11-18 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join