It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Do the math everyone. . . . .we are all idiots!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Part of the reason for many not voting may have been the media's claim of a certain contender winning no matter what. Other than that people who are tired of "least of the worst" and may not have voted third party(many reasons) was not done because they are lazy. Also, take into context the people who could not vote, from age to laws.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

This is the part where you're supposed to blame Common Core or something

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I cared, I just couldn't justify a vote for any of the candidates. I could have put on a blindfold and just made marks on the ballot, would that have made you happy? Even though I don't believe it would have made a difference, I still would have voted had I not been in moral opposition with the few choices we had. Yes, I know I voted Gary Johnson last election but as more information came to light, I couldn't this time.

After observing Trump since the election, I am more convinced than ever that it doesn't matter who gets into the White House. They will never be in charge. Trump is terrified now that he really knows the truth. This man has been in the public eye for decades, have you ever seen him scared before? I was a strong supporter of Ron Paul, but I truly don't believe he would have had any authority had he been elected either. They are all just puppets. I don't think for a moment that any action that Trump take from here on out will be of his own free will.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

They are all just puppets. I don't think for a moment that any action that Trump take from here on out will be of his own free will.

Careful now, if there is a way of triggering the Trump supporters you just nailed it!

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

That makes you an awesome human. Wish more we like that.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

They are all just puppets. I don't think for a moment that any action that Trump take from here on out will be of his own free will.

Careful now, if there is a way of triggering the Trump supporters you just nailed it!

Heh.

I think I triggered more people by using the term, "idiot".

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: elementalgrove

Heh.

I think I triggered more people by using the term, "idiot".

Nah you just get to pat yourself on the back with your superior intelligence

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kentuckymama

That makes you an awesome human. Wish more we like that.

I have been blessed with abundance. I don''t take it for granted.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Apparently my math is wrong, but I already said I was an idiot, so I'm covered.

Well you failed to represent me in your math. I'm voting age, and I don't vote. It's certainly not because I have a life that I focus on

In fact, voter apathy is a very common thing (not hard to see why.) It's not exactly that people don't care. I knew who I wanted to see lose. It's that some don't believe the system, don't believe the lying politicians and can't vote anybody in good conscience, and some people just don't think their vote makes a difference.

There's a lot of reasons people don't vote, but don't put them up on some pedestal like they're so great and enlightened.

How many non-voters are convicted felons???

edit on 18-11-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

And now you're a humble awesome human.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Or maybe they didn't vote because they didn't want to vote for the lesser of two evils. A vote for evil is a vote for evil and we are now seeing how true that is as the "lesser" of the two evils (Trump) is filling his cabinet with the same kind of people who got us in this mess.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sahabi

125 million people voted in the recent American election.

320 million is the current count of Americans.

That means 195 million didn't give a sh#t.

195 million didn't care enough about Hillary or Trump to vote. They either hated both, didn't care, or had jobs or mouths to feed or real lives to live.

Between 60-million to 80-million of the 300-million are not old enough to vote. And this isn't even counting adult felons ineligible to vote.

Well , unless they swore a solemn oath to vote for Hellary
Done
Next

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Remember, a lot of the protesters are people who didn't care enough to vote. Now they want a do over.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sahabi

195 million didn't care enough about Hillary or Trump to vote. They either hated both, didn't care, or had jobs or mouths to feed or real lives to live.

Between 60-million to 80-million of the 300-million are not old enough to vote. And this isn't even counting adult felons ineligible to vote.

Why do felons lose the right to vote? What better way to make them better citizens than teach them to vote?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

That's a great question. One of those questions I've always wondered about but never bothered to look up.

Here it is:

Excluding felons from voting rights goes back to the time of the ancient Greeks and Romans. Disenfranchisement for felons was adopted throughout Europe and was often referred to as "civil death," according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.

For centuries, criminals lost many rights, including the right to own property, the right to enter into contracts and the right to vote. The English colonists carried this idea with them when they came to America. They eventually removed the taking away of some rights, but voter disenfranchisement for felons continued through the 19th and 20th centuries for many states.

For centuries, crimes committed against individuals could also be interpreted as crimes against society, according to lawmakers in different countries. Convicted felons showed they couldn't be trusted with certain rights. Ex-felons revealed that they violated those rights when they first committed crimes against people and society.

www.newsmax.com...
www.newsmax.com...

Seems more symbolic than anything. Oh well.

edit on 18-11-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
All we need are smarter smartphones.

And free wifi.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
The population is 322 million.

Of those 64 million are under the age of 18 and unable to vote.

322 - 64 = is 258

13 percent of the population are immigrants.

That's 42 million people rounded up to the nearest million(41.8 million is the actual number)

That leaves us with a remainder of 216 million people.

There are 5.85 million felons in the US. Rounded to the nearest million.

That leaves 210 million eligible voters.

Of those 210 million 75 million people stayed home. A number based on total number of ballots counted in 2016.

Total of nearly 135 million votes were cast this election for the office of the presidency.

So from the original number of the population, down to the number of eligible voters, down to the total number of people who participated in the future of their country, and those who stayed home.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I know I am. I was given, yet again, true love from Mother Earth. And I made a very small decision that ruined it all. And I went from having the true love of another in my soul and during a period of seven days this love went through different stages, but after seven days, they had left me altogether.

I witnessed my true love say today that I never wanted to be your friend, and I never will be your friend, and she won't tell me why. She did invite me to be her friend, but she is not admitting it. She went from loving me to hating me, liking me to disliking me, and she was the person of my dreams.

How much is love a drug? I feel more than rotten in my heart. No amount of tears can get her back. I feel destroyed, with no where to go, like I can sit out with no shelter and let my body perish, and die.
edit on 19-11-2016 by UFOdanger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

No, that means a lot of Americans are children and too young to vote. Where is your calculation to show that important factor?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

You should read the thread, already said I was an idiot and my numbers were off.

<< 1    3 >>

join