It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is legion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Im a huge comic book fan, always have been. I started reading about the Omega level mutants, some are a fun read and some are just weird..
One i cant really figure out is legion..

Legion (David Charles Haller) is a fictional character appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. The character was created by writer Chris Claremont and artist Bill Sienkiewicz, and first appeared in New Mutants #25 (March 1985). Legion is the mutant son of Professor Charles Xavier and Gabrielle Haller. He takes the role of an antihero and has a severe mental illness, including a form of dissociative identity disorder, with each of his personas controlling one of his many superpowers.

It seems like he can take on any personality and change into that character with its power.. I may be wrong though.. But the search goes on..

Legion

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

"with each of his personas controlling one of his many superpower"

Not surprising seeing as the 'original' legion is an entire cluster of demons that was inside of a mentally ill man, cast out by Jesus with one word.

It fascinated me sometimes just how much some fantasy borrows from source material.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Thanks! I didn't know who Legion was.

I had a subscription to X-Men and New Mutants but had to abandon it in 1984 when I left for a long time. So I missed any New Mutants post 1984 and entirely missed X-Factor.

What an awesome hero. I am going to see if I can hunt down some compendium or condensed issues from Marvel.

Thank again. You've got great taste in media.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
From the mouth of a very knowledgeable, comic book 13 year old nerd:

Legion is a tool to merge Fox and Marvel character movies together to help get Marvel their properties back.
Over the years, Marvel has been getting their properties back but now they can finally get some of their best comic book brands like X-Men and the Fantastic 4.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Sort of. He has (or had depending on when you are reading about him) Split personalities. Each had a different power. thus he does not so much take on a power, as in his personality splits, and that personality has a new power. Almost all of his powers are psionic in nature.

Some good comics to read include

Legion Quest (this gave rise to the excellent Age of Apocolypse).

and

His recent Solo series.

new topics

top topics

join