It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

"Aliens" already a part of the natural world?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Perhaps falling into a similar mindset similar to Jacques Vallee's, and some others here like KellyPrettyBear, this article is an interesting take on the issue of the nature of "aliens". Could this intelligence actually control all aspects of the physical world? Heres' the reader's digest version:

nypost.com...

And the article astrophysicist Caleb Scharf wrote on his theory, a bit more meat here direct from the horse's mouth:

nautil.us...
edit on 11/18/2016 by vlawde because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

I can't be bothered with most links on here anymore (as most are a waste of time) but I"ll tell you that my view on the subject, is that aliens are involved in our evolution somehow.

There's too many well known and studied cases in history now about some unknown crafts making amazing moves, going into or out of our oceans, impressive sizes (small ...as drones or big) and that, for hundreds if not thousands of years, to not believe into some kind of control by other entities.

I guess it all depends on what you believe... just like religion!

Peace

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I don't quite understand it--it says published originally by The Sun so maybe that's not entirely unrelated to my confusion!

Anyway for such "experts" on the topic, it all sounds like a bunch of wishful conjecture.

p.s.

I miss the days when an OP gave detailed summaries and analyses of the topics and sources. Instead it feels like homework to find out if I'm interested or not.

edit on 18-11-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

I don't quite understand it--it says published originally by The Sun so maybe that's not entirely unrelated!

Anyway for such "experts" on the topic, it all sounds like a bunch of wishful conjecture.

p.s.

I miss the days when an OP gave detailed summaries and analyses of the topics and sources. Instead it feels like homework to find out if I'm interested or not.

I could not have said it better... cheers

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Well, I'd have re-written the article if I went into more depth!
Yeah, the Sun thing set off alarms, but the actual article written by Caleb is the original source that the Sun's article is based on (and the NYT's reprint)

So, in part, Caleb is saying perhaps dark matter (for one) is where technologically advanced life ends up as. Or, we just don't recognize advanced life because it's a part of our natural world. A few other possibilities mentioned as well. I'd imagine the plasma-as-lifeforms theory could be worked into this as well

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
This isn't anything new. Arthur C. Clarkes 2001 was all about this.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Perhaps, but that was a Sci Fi movie and book. This is from an astrophysicist. Granted, either source is speculation. But certainly plausible from Caleb's viewpoint and his background

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
It's really interesting OP. Obviously Fermi's Paradox abounds and we search for explanations to explain the absence of visiting aliens or waste signatures out there in the cosmos.

To me that's what this amounts to. Because even though the aliens may indeed be out there and not yet apparent to us, doubts do enter our mind that they might not be out there at all, or if they're, it's wildly exotic, so beyond explanation it's magical or--in this case--indistinguishable from nature.

So it seems, if our science is good, aliens--at best--are gobbling up stars, but not yet feeding on whole galaxies:
www.astrobio.net - Advanced Alien Civilizations Rare or Absent in the Local Universe...

Professor Garrett has plans to look for these less advanced civilizations: “It’s a bit worrying that Type III civilizations don’t seem to exist. It’s not what we would predict from the physical laws that explain so well the rest of the physical universe. We’re missing an important part of the jigsaw puzzle here. Perhaps advanced civilizations are so energy efficient that they produce very low waste heat emission products — our current understanding of physics makes that a difficult thing to do. What’s important is to keep on searching for the signatures of extraterrestrial intelligence until we fully understand just what is going on.”

Something I've always wondered about is how a bug or insect perceives us? They hardly possess the intelligence to understand us, right? They might detect us or perceive us as a threat, but we're little more than a part of their environment? Could the same be true for us if we met a significantly more advanced being? Would the alien just blend into our world, not being understood, just being either something which is adapted into the confines of our environment or avoided because it's a threat? I imagine we'd understand it's an intelligent thing and translate it into our mental model of the universe, but its true nature would remain largely invisible to us, like a 6d creature visiting our 3d/4d world. Perhaps if it's advanced enough, we might not even recognize it's intelligent at all, since it has so exceeded our intelligence, all we're getting in translation is what amounts to a nano scale sampling of its superbrain.
edit on 11/18/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Without arguing and identifying and the justifying of this...Ill just say my belief is that aside from Earthborn, human species, man and women are defined as such...there is additional home residents.

And there are and always have been those I like to call the "others"..."aliens" could be used, but moreso...different in structure and not from Earth per se, maybe originating DNA-wise fashion...elsewhere.

Still...I believe we have always been Earthlings #1...and there are different residents called "Earthlings" #2,3,5,27...on and on. These Earthlings who've always been here with us...I refer to as as the "Others".

I agree with the point whole-heartedly.

MS

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Thanks for the thread. Will read tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I agree. So, the complexities of quantum physics are so high that he just decided to create a theroy and blame it on aliens.

WOW, just wow....

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Yet another god(alien) of the gaps theory. It never gets old.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
The aliens are disguised as mice. They want to know the answer.
edit on 19-11-2016 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Well lets see, if a being created this existence and Earth then he must be an alien, because any beings other than those born here are aliens.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

You evidently know little about Clarke's attributes and history. His views, like many science-fiction writers is heads and shoulders above about any "astrophysicist" that you would care to mention. You do understand the extremely narrow and limited viewpoint that the entire field of science has had on the possibilities of intelligent beings being out their in the void and Clarke was several decades ahead of his time in such views?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

So... let me get this straight...

Rather than being things waiting to be discovered, alien lifeforms are simply the quantum soup in which we ourselves exist at this time?

Based on what? I would love to know what inspired this fellow to think along these lines, other than a simple "what if" scenario. If thats all it is, then well done, great exercise. But its nothing worth calling a theory at this stage, is it?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
It's a theory of his, so yeah, could be a "what if?". That's where I was coming from in posting it. I certainly don't outright accept it, but it's not outside the realm of possibility either. Neither are plasma lifeforms, interdimensional beings/time travelers...or aliens from other planets.

I posted it just as an interesting thought, not as the "answer". Just something to discuss.

new topics

join