It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed-bashing Trump has chance to remake central bank/Will he Audit the Fed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
As soon as Trump enters the WH he gets to nominate 2 Fed Governors seats. And in 18 months he could replace 5 of the 7 seats.

Yellen who's term is up in 2018 and Trump have had differences of opinions about interest rates. Trump think Yellen is keeping them low because of politics and of course she says she isn't.

Trump could indeed reshape the Fed and Central banks.

Trump also said he wants to audit the Fed, something that seems like a good idea.

It’s Donald Trump’s Fed now.

Trump relentlessly attacked the Federal Reserve on the campaign trail, saying Chair Janet Yellen haswas refusing to raise interest rates in a bid to artificially boost the economy and help Democrats. “She is very political,” he said in September, and “she should be ashamed of herself.”

Now, Trump has the chance to reshape the central bank within the first 18 months of his presidency.

As soon as he enters the White House, he could submit nominations for two vacant Fed governor seats, as well as for the powerful post of vice chair of supervision, which oversees the nation’s biggest banks. That would mean he could instantly make his mark on both monetary and regulatory policy.

www.politico.com...
edit on 18-11-2016 by seasonal because: spacing

How much is safe to quote from external articles?
edit on 11/18/2016 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Nov 18 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
So much he could do; yet so much resistance to anything that might cause real change. I do believe he will try to make changes which are good for the country and business. Without business there are no jobs..

I am more concerned with Trump getting assassinated .... The ground work has already been laid with the emotionally weak ranting and protesting with their "The world will end with Trump" thoughts. Pretty easy for TPTB to steer some idiot to take a shot at the new POTUS before he can change stuff they (TPTB) have worked so hard and entrenched their NWO selves into. I wish him and his team luck ...

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I really hope he does this - and puts Rand Paul in charge of it!
It might take a while though as any attack on the Fed is a sure way to put your life in danger.
edit on 18/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I hope he does all he said he would, and is safe. If he starts to mess with the central banks and Fed, that is when the fireworks start.
Imagine the $ that gets made from it materializing from the Fed gets a call from a central bank. The interest on all that money that us regular people have to pay must be huge.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Rand would be perfect for that job, he wouldn't take any BS.
edit on 18-11-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
If hes true to his word and they take him out....what then?
Will we continue to bang our computer keys full of mealy mouth sentiments and actually DO nothing?
I am very curious as to how much oppression the world can take from the elites who control everything behind closed doors......
The whole system is rotten....and you can trust none of them.....

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

thats hilarious. because Trump is still being audited by the IRS.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
She is keeping the rates low for political reasons yes. She is also doing it because a major hike spells disaster. His economic plan calls for major infrastructure spending. Couple the deficit with, say, even a 1-2% rise in rates and the numbers get astronomical.

What happens when a country as large as ours can't service their debt?

Also, judging by his recent appointees, the FED is going to be just fine.

top topics

join