It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump University Settles Fraud Claims for $25 Million

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
a reply to: JinMI

Yeah because you've been brainwashed by right wing media to hate her no matter what.

So you stick with your racist, misogynist, mentally handicapped, con man.

There is no right wing media, wtf are you on about.

You people are seriously screwed, even worse than the 9/11 official story believers.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
The sad thing is, there are many other education institutions that have defrauded thousands of students and they haven't seen any kind of justice.

I have a friend who got a financial degree. Wound up putting furniture together at a furniture store.

He didn't attend Trump U. He didn't get a dime for wasting his money on a financial degree.

Mr Trump, President elect, went ABOVE and BEYOND the call of duty settling this case so fast for so much money.
edit on 19-11-2016 by Miracula2 because: above and beyond the call of duty

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
The sad thing is, there are many other education institutions that have defrauded thousands of students and they haven't seen any kind of justice.

I have a friend who got a financial degree. Wound up putting furniture together at a furniture store.

He didn't attend Trump U. He didn't get a dime for wasting his money on a financial degree.

Mr Trump, President elect, went ABOVE and BEYOND the call of duty settling this case so fast for so much money.

Trump University wasn't a degree bearing institution. It gave certificates that held no value. The businesses was a scam according to the BBB, and few found value in what it taught. Upon deeper investigation it was found that the company was mainly targeting retired individuals and getting them to sign over their pensions for a seminar or two.

Your friend got what was presumably a respectable degree. Which means your friend actually has the training for a financial job, whether or not they have the opportunity is a different question.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: roadgravel

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Go away money.

No guilt proven.

Indeed... and a condition of the settlement was no admission of guilt.

abcnews.go.com...

Of course he would make that part of the deal.

If it's 5000 people, that's $5000 a piece or 15% of the 35,000 fee. If the lawyers cut comes out of it, even less.

Yep - good deal. He's a deal maker after all. He came out ahead.

The man is a low life thief and you try to make it sound like a good thing.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Why did you thank Russia when Trump won?.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
sry wrong post

edit on 20-11-2016 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
again. sry.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
I randomly think - - maybe Trump will be OK.

Then he pulls crap like this: President-elect tweets he could have won Trump University trial

The guy is so thin skinned its creepy.

Gonna be interesting when he starts actually dealing with foreign leaders.

Well, he said he would win the Presidency. Did you believe it before? I did. So I have no reason not to believe him now. Oh I think if you find someone's confidence....creepy.....you may be the one with thin skin.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

originally posted by: Annee
I randomly think - - maybe Trump will be OK.

Then he pulls crap like this: President-elect tweets he could have won Trump University trial

The guy is so thin skinned its creepy.

Gonna be interesting when he starts actually dealing with foreign leaders.

Well, he said he would win the Presidency. Did you believe it before? I did. So I have no reason not to believe him now. Oh I think if you find someone's confidence....creepy.....you may be the one with thin skin.

I find that the most confident people, are the ones most full of #.
edit on 20-11-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I would agree with that, but he did win the White House.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Nope, probably the opposite of what you assume. A president cannot be sued for anything prior to assuming office. All he had to do was wait it out. So why would he not do that? That's the question.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Let's all face facts.... Settling for $25 million means he most likely committed HUGE FRAUD.
edit on 20-11-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Let's all face facts.... Settling for $25 million means he most likely committed HUGE FRAUD.

The facts are he settled out of court with no admission of guilt, which was accepted by the claimants.
Beyond that we're just talking about emotional responses and opinions, not facts.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Just gotta love the hate and the spin.

Plaintiffs: We feel like we got ripped off and want money back...lets sue.
Trump: OK...will 25 million dollars do?
Plaintiffs: Sure...we think that is fair.
ATS: TRUMP BOUGHT HIS WAY OUT!
Plaintiffs: He paid an acceptable amount...why the hell do YOU care?
Trump: I paid an acceptable amount...why the hell do YOU care?
ATS: BECAUSE WE HATE YOU AND CALL A FAIR, EQUAL AND AGREED TO SETTLEMENT...WRONG!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
Just gotta love the hate and the spin.

Oh yeah, sympathy for the anti-Hillary's whining about negative Trump comments.

Trump did this. He is guilty.

And, unlike the Hillary accusations - - - this is FACT.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

The Right wing has a media. It's called "Fake News".

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Well, the fact is, the day before Trump settled, his attorney requested information on how the jury pool was selected.

That seems to indicate his attorney had concerns about impartiality in the available jury pool.

Another fact is that Trump is arguably the least liked candidate in U.S. history. And yet another fact: the complaint was filed in California. AND another fact: California draws its jury pools, in part, from voter registration lists.

So, if all the facts are "faced," it's reasonable to assume that Trump's attorney might have been concerned about the 'fairness' of a trial if they did not settle.

I tend to think Trump would have been found liable by a jury, and that is, in part, due to what the Plaintiffs' complaints were (and the judge found enough merit to move the case forward) and, in part, due to the location of the trial and method of selecting people for the jury pool.

edit on 20-11-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

so riddle me this :

why didnt the plaintiffs attornies settle ? if they actully have a case and a " stacked " jury - go to trial

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: MotherMayEye

so riddle me this :

why didnt the plaintiffs attornies settle ? if they actully have a case and a " stacked " jury - go to trial

They did settle. Was 'didn't' a typo?

I bet the Plaintiffs had great reasons for settling, too. This case has gone on & on. Settling would spare them a trial and guarantee restitution, where as a trial is not a guaranteed win.

Is that what you are asking me?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join