It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump University Settles Fraud Claims for $25 Million

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
So do whatever it takes to stay president was the moral tact to take on this?
Okaaay.

Also, I didn't say it was moral. I said it was the right thing to do.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
This does come out as a surprise. Trump isn't the settling type but I trust he realized this case was going to bite him later if he didn't settle it now. $25 million should also go a long way for those students cheated out of this college.

Yes he is. He claims he doesn't settle, but the truth is that he settles damn near everything.

Yep. The regular joe way is to leave bills unpaid until they go to Collections....let Collections pursue it a while. They bring the cost down. Wait til it gets to where you're okay with what they're willing to settle for. Then pay it.

"Settling."

I have done that. Have you?

edit on 11/19/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Moral = right thing to do.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Moral = right thing to do.

For you.

Nothing about either of the candidates is moral. So that word doesn't apply for me.

Sorry you interpreted my comment that way, but that is not what I meant.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Yes, the university was a joke, and he should have been found guilty. Bought his way out of it.. he is a typical billionaire, not sure why anyone is surprised. His fighting against it in the first place is the sad part. But our choices were both terrible.. the sleazy billionaire or the snakelike politician. I think the latter would have caused less blunders, but people are fooling themselves if they feel America would have "won" in any way with either of the terrible candidates. Prepare for a "great again" 4 years with increased racism, reduced education, more military spending, greater taxes, yada yada.. I can only hope in four years, we get better options.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I randomly think - - maybe Trump will be OK.

Then he pulls crap like this: President-elect tweets he could have won Trump University trial

The guy is so thin skinned its creepy.

Gonna be interesting when he starts actually dealing with foreign leaders.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
I randomly think - - maybe Trump will be OK.

Then he pulls crap like this: President-elect tweets he could have won Trump University trial

The guy is so thin skinned its creepy.

Gonna be interesting when he starts actually dealing with foreign leaders.

He already has started dealing with foreign leaders. They all seem to be falling into line. He's not even taken office yet and Mexico has agreed to renegotiate NAFTA, Japan's leader has made the trip to open discussions, Putin has already been in touch and Russia has immediately taken a softer view on the US, The UK are falling over themselves to make noises about trade and welcoming discussions. Trump has done more for foreign policy two months before he has even started than Obama did in 8 years.

As for the University case, we'll never know if he would have won and it's done now. Yesterday's news, just like the tax returns.
edit on 19/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
So Trump got 5000 idiots to give him $30,000.

Then a few years later he gives a lawyer $8.5 million and the each of the idiots back $3500.

Trump comes out ahead by $125 million. Plus he isn't guilty of a crime.

Someone put this guy in charge of our economy post haste!

oh wait ...

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus

Then a few years later he gives a lawyer $8.5 million and the each of the idiots back $3500.

oh wait ...

Doesn't matter to Trump supporters what it is. Always an excuse.

Yes, he is guilty. He violated State Education Laws. You don't pay out a 25 million dollars for nothing.

According to Trump, he would have won, but doesn't have time to fight it in court, because he has to focus on being president - - - yeah right.

"Donald Trump fought us every step of the way, filing baseless charges and fruitless appeals and refusing to settle for even modest amounts of compensation for the victims of his phony university," Schneiderman added. "Today, that all changes."

"Every victim" will receive a share of the settlement, Schneiderman said. He added that Trump has agreed to pay $1 million in penalties to the state of New York "for violating state education laws."

www.npr.org...

edit on 19-11-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

oh wait ...

Doesn't matter to Trump supporters what it is. Always an excuse.

Yes, he is guilty. He violated State Education Laws. You don't pay out a 25 million dollars for nothing.

According to Trump, he would have won, but doesn't have time to fight it in court, because he has to focus on being president - - - yeah right.

"Donald Trump fought us every step of the way, filing baseless charges and fruitless appeals and refusing to settle for even modest amounts of compensation for the victims of his phony university," Schneiderman added. "Today, that all changes."

"Every victim" will receive a share of the settlement, Schneiderman said. He added that Trump has agreed to pay $1 million in penalties to the state of New York "for violating state education laws."

www.npr.org...

In your opinion he is guilty - which is all it will ever be because there will be no trial and no determination of guilt or innocence.

It all worked out very well for Trump in the end and now he can get on with running the country. A win / win.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Honestly, I'm glad that Schneiderman got his man and is taking the time to gloat.

There will be a new IRS and a new FBI and a new DOJ for the at least the next four years. Plenty of time for investigations into people.

People that accept past due paperwork for foundations and file injunctions against others the same day, people that overlook foreign donations as a "oopsie" while digging into other donations. In other words AG's that use positions to go after political rivals.

And a precedent has been set. If things get to hot, the IRS loses the hard drives, the President declares Executive privilege, the DOJ says "we'll do what the FBI thinks best" and the FBI can say "no wrong doing"

Easie peasie

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
edit
edit on 19-11-2016 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

To an extent yes but he usually just draws it out until the other party gives up or runs out of money. At this point he is only tying up loose ends. What he really needs to do is show his tax returns, because as a business man his taxes will show some of the dirty dealings he may or may not be involved with.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

Check into Trump's fake charity used for money laundering and personal expenses.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Check into the Clinton foundation for Spirit Cooking and child slavery.

Two can play games of "look into that!"

The absolute scary thing is that the political machine that was abused by President Obama (with liberal consent and applause) is now in the hands of a narcissistic man with ties to all the wrong people. Promises of "bringing jobs back" and "lock her up" will soon be forgotten when that machine gets rolling.

And it was all made possible with a pen and a phone.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
These students will not see a dime. The New York State Attorney General's office will keep some of the settlement and will distribute the rest to organizations that it deems worthy.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Check into the Clinton foundation for Spirit Cooking and child slavery.

Hey! Don't miss any Clinton conspiracies now.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Ya, as if..I'm sure he is there in the courtroom with his sleeves rolled up..what does he take everyone for..idiots

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

a reply to: jhn7537

The money would have been dirty with Hillary

What does the OP have to do with Hillary?

Pretty much EVERYTHING ?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

No UK, if Trump knew the accusations were without merit, he wouldn't have paid $25 million. Plain and simple.

Oh really, you are so full of BS its dribbling off the screen, settlements are made all the time in cases like this and BOTH SIDES, went for the settlement, it is more like BOTH SIDES are liars, and knew it, and didn't want to sit in court for years.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join