It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have Fun and Train Your AI Overlords with Quick! Draw

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Our future artificial intelligence overlords need your help. Just like with children, they need help to learn to recognize, navigate and control reality. The first step is to be able to recognize symbolic representations of common items. With Quick! Draw by Google, you draw things and the Google Artificial Neural Net tries to figure out what it is. Here's the link:

quickdraw.withgoogle.com...#

But is the computer learning from you, or are you being subtly trained to communicate with and obey the computer?
edit on 18-11-2016 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I 'm a Sci Fi artist THAT sounds like ALOT of fun...

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Yeah, you're right. I played twice and we are definetly training our overlords.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
Yeah, you're right. I played twice and we are definetly training our overlords.

One of the images I was asked to draw was that of an aircraft carrier. Just like any common school child would be interested in learning to recognize.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Oh, you know too? Well be careful with the influence, and what you give power to.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I had a lot of fun doing this, while I was drawing a fish it said I was drawing a "diving board"!

Most of the way I laughed out loud, and while the Terminator may soon knock at my door, it was worth it! heheh

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   
am I doing this right?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Six of one and a half dozen of the other i imagine.

Best hope of humanity surviving the singularity is to teach our AI to emphasis with humanity. Empathy and logic however sometimes don't exactly follow the same path.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
It's interesting what it comes up with when drawing something different than what it calls for.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Didn't get one of them right...not sure which of us is wrong lol.

Knife, paperclip, cake, blackberry, animal migration and an octagon.

The knife was so obvious it should have been recognised and so was the paperclip and cake. Blackberry was a wtf? Black circle can mean anything. Animal migration took five seconds of huh and wut? Drew a rabbit with arrows pointing away so, yeah, nobody in their right mind could have got that one (my bad)! The 'recognised' examples were a bunch of birds in the sky which 'people' would call a 'flock of birds' and definitely *not* animal migration. The octagon was at least as good as anyone's in the examples and baffled me how it failed.

Sigh. Now I know I can't communicate with people or AI...or animals. Not much left eh?

ETA - a final go. Seesaw, cooler, airplane, goatee, line and couch (not in order). Not one of them was identifiable so I give up

edit on 11.19.2016 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

It looks more like they are learning how people draw specific things than learning about how people draw those things, so they are not learning how things look in a drawing, they are learning how people draw what they ask for, and that's not real IA to me.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
create a bot to draw tons of fake things and nonsense to mess things up for greedy google.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
HA. It's definitely better than the music creating IA from a couple of years ago.

new topics

top topics

join