It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Interesting Artifact From Peruvian Desert Awaits Further Investigation

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BiffWellington
Why are we tip-toeing around the obvious?

The huge eyes? The elongated skull? The tapered chin? The tiny, slit-like mouth?

Clearly a monkey.

Owl monkey has similar features without jawbone. Could the odd eyes be the result of something placed in the sockets, similar to the way coins were placed on the eyes of human corpses?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Woah!
Interesting indeed. The Peruvian Desert is well known for conditions that produce immaculate mummified bodies. People make good fakes but in the photos that looks like genuine Anatomy. Bone looks like bone, skin is different amongst many species so no surprises there. I'm not schooled on ET Anatomy so I can't say anything about the Eyelids. That being said, mummies from the region are found with intact eyelids including eyelashes, and without.

I'm curious about the other artifacts found along with it, and any word on scientific exploration of the find.

None the less great find! This is why I come here...
I miss THIS ATS!!! LETS LEAVE POLITICS OUT OF AT LEAST ONE TODAY PLEASE!! Well, unless its about a coverup pertaining to the article.

Sorry tourettes

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
the skull is interesting.... but the flat eyes tell me the head is a prop not a mummified specimen of a dead creature

the eyes, if they once were round in the eye socket would not possibly dry-out as they have as shown with the preserved bone skull with skin & cartilage tissue said to be viable DNA /Genetic sources...

in the accompanied video the elongated skull is the most likely to be from an actual deceased creature...
however the flat chested. ~ 8", wirery legged & armed item seems to be a doll of some sort... did the ancient peoples of Peru have a fascination with Maccabe, alien looking forms/dolls....icons of past remembered Myths ?

I responded today to another thread about people/persons with elongated skulls..
that a recent find in Bolivia, now in a local Museum... has the remains of a 13 year old female mother together with her unborn fetus which had an elongated skull....
we rationally deduce that skull bone binding did not distort the fetus' skull into an elongated one..SO --->
the Elongated Skull is a genetic thing & not a manipulated thing on a child over many years.

I bring to your attention... the idea that Aliens or fallen Angels are mingled in ancient lore...

==There are several races of giants mentioned in the Old Testament;
Rephaim, Anakim, Emim, Zuzim, Zamzummims, and Zophim.
Some still have descendants that are active today.

I do not have the web link or the video link to the recent 2016 Bolivia find of elongated fetus skull

do a search if you have a itch

I found the info....

originally posted by: St Udio
UPDATE 2016

here's a clip (7:43) from a museum in Bolivia which has a mummified fetus of an elongated skulled, pre-birth human baby...

ergo it was never alive to have its' skull bound and shaped...

the fetus is (therefore) genetically programmed with a elongated skull...

see:

www.youtube.com...

see related

web site: freedomfightertimes.com...

have a good day
edit on th30147949851918482016 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

oops
edit on th30147949862718502016 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

Brien Foerster finds more 'anomalous' artefacts than almost anyone else in South America. He's nearly up there with Klaus Dona when it comes to discovering and promoting no-provenance objects.

At heart, he's an ex-pat with a tour business to run and a decent life-style to sustain. Nothing wrong with that and it's in the same ball park as going on a ghost tour of some old location. A lot of people enjoy a good ghost hunt without having to believe it's all real.

The team of Brian Foerster has taken samples of the skin and bone for DNA and radiocarbon testing in prominent laboratories in North America that they are working with already.

It looks more like papier-mâché. The fibres along the edge of the hole at the base of the 'skull' are what you see when thin sugar paper has been soaked really well. The video linked by Skywatcher44 makes it look even more like a sideshow gaff.

It could have looked better if the creator had made a more realistic skull and added the papier-mâché skin afterwards. At least then we'd be able to argue about the jaw and eye-sockets. Instead there's this so-called skull that has no moving parts and no cavities where eyes or nasal passages could have been.

The second 'specimen' that he 'can't believe they would be fake,' looks so fake I can't believe those four adults can sit there and say otherwise.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Midnite247

People would KILL if some wore the wrong COLOR in some cultures.
Primitive cultures are quite xenophobic.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio
Good point here:

the eyes, if they once were round in the eye socket would not possibly dry-out as they have as shown with the preserved bone skull with skin & cartilage tissue said to be viable DNA /Genetic sources...

There is a way (since this is supposedly and alien) that the eyes would not sink in when the skull dessicated. If the alien critter had a layer of bone that was in or slid with its eyelids. Or if it had giant contact lenses that covered most of the eyeball. The Corso stories told about large contact lenses that the aliens recovered at Roswell wore on their eyes.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Lol k, ur point is? U mean they wouldn't be allowed to go creative cause they'd be killed? I'm sure there's some 20th century artists faced the same issue ( not killed sure but...) point is art/discovery is made by those going against the grain.. I get Ur point.. But it doesn't hold up. a reply to: cavtrooper7

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

the skull is interesting.... but the flat eyes tell me the head is a prop not a mummified specimen of a dead creature

Unless there are double eyelids which dry in such a way. I suppose if it were an unknown there could be reasons the eye looks as it does.

The bone and skin look way thin can't see how they could live without injury. Of course we know this one turned out to be real.latino.foxnews.com...

edit on 18-11-2016 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

It looks more like papier-mâché. The fibres along the edge of the hole at the base of the 'skull' are what you see when thin sugar paper has been soaked really well.

True so why create such a bad looking fake?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

that is NOT a skull

Until verifying, it can't be ruled out, especially just because you claim it isn't, how can we rule it out without even seeing the results?

edit on 11-18-2016 by skyblueworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Thank you so much for posting about this!! Very interesting! I hope we regular folk get to know their findings!! It looks like an alien skull to me!

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

It looks more like papier-mâché. The fibres along the edge of the hole at the base of the 'skull' are what you see when thin sugar paper has been soaked really well.

Bills, laziness and/or a low regard for his target audience?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Obviously this will have been founded in a properly conducted and recorded archaeological excavation ...... right?

Oh ......

In any case, its no more evidence for space aliens than a stone I found in my garden that looked like a slug is.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

originally posted by: Char-Lee

Bills, laziness and/or a low regard for his target audience?

Not as much money that way

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

They could up their game and present better artefacts than these 'specimens.' He used to post videos of elongated skulls and promote the museum he runs. Some of the stuff in them looked pretty good and his back stories were attractive to anyone thinking of going on their tours.

They pushed the idea that tourists could walk down a trail and stumble on 'alien' skulls poking out of the ground beneath woodlands.

Yeah, I think it's all BS, but fair play to them for finding a market and making a living in a beautiful country. It's theatre and salesmanship and hustling.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

if that skull were a part of a whole body/torso mummification process, then I could imagine that the body with eyes removed would be a likely ritual act... perhaps with the bulged out eye-balls removed the mummy preparers would insert a flat disc for the eye-lids to close over and dry out looking flat and 'glued' closed for the artistic beauty of the face

but a head severed from a torso as we observe the torn apart connecting tissue from a spine tells us this is not the way a mummified skull gets preserved...
the apparent rough 'end-of-life' argues against the ritual preparation of the corpse with skull & eyes in a condition of being perfectly shut without those threaded stitches of the eyelids we all recall from those 'shrunken heads' we seen as impressionable youngsters

just too many things are not 'kosher' (as-it-were) for me to accept that the hand sized skull and another large walnut sized alien looking skull...together with a cave full of other artifacts, as yet not made public) are a Peruvian cemetery for small sized aliens that were intelligent enough to land here on Earth

edit on th30147950184518442016 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Why are the eye sockets filled in? Not that id really know about alien physiology but when are eyes bone? Or is it a thin layer covering the eye socket and fossilized?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Oh C'mon everyone. If that is not a random animal skin stretched over some kind of polymer/ceramic shell shaped as an "alien skull", I don't know what is. There is no sign of a spinal column or anything attached. or of any brains. But with that much skin attached, there would be other remains nearby, almost certainly, like vertebrae and other bone fragments or even a whole ribcage, and so on. Where's the rest?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

It looks a lot like the aliens in the movie 'Independence Day'.

That make me think fake, but I will wait for testing to be done. If there are no test results... then fake.

Have you considered, that if this thing turns out to be genuine...and we all know what i mean by genuine, It might look like TV / Movie ET's for a very good reason. The Film ETs could be based on this species..

It was the shape of the skull more than anything else..it does indeed look a similar shape to the ID4 aliens, without the biosuits of course.
edit on 18 11 2016 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

It's theatre and salesmanship and hustling.

While that's probably true for a lot of people out there (no pun), imagine what we could miss, if we applied that throwaway reasoning every time an artifact was brought to light?

I think it's worth risking being collectively miffed at being fooled or tricked occasionally, if it means proving the one example that proves everything else..don't you?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join