It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Movement Ban Wave on Twitter: Twitter Begins Purge Of Pro Trump Movement

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Twitter is getting into the monitoring of "hate speech" on it's platform.

They have suspended a number of high profile right leaning accounts sighting their twitter rules prohibiting.......

Some say they are selectively enforcing the rules.

Caution slippery slope ahead. Twitter is now in a pickle, good luck.

witter has began purging Trump supporting accounts with the banning of actual alt-right leader Richard Spencer and several other major accounts.

This action comes on the same day the social media giant said it would start to crack down on hate speech on it’s platform and introduced a new feature that would allow users to mute certain keywords to stop “bullying” and harassment.

High-profile accounts that were suspended include – @PaxDickinson @PaulTown_ @JohnRiversToo @RadixJournal @RichardBSpencer @npiamerica and @DatRickyVaughn.

In a statement to USAToday, Twitter said: “The Twitter Rules prohibit targeted abuse and harassment, and we will suspend accounts that violate this policy.”

Twitter is really starting to crack down and selectively enforce it’s policy against harassment and abuse with it’s new safety council.

Earlier this year in July, Twitter removed another high profile account that of Milo Yiannopoulos, a technology editor at conservative news site Breitbart. Twitter banned both Yiannopoulos and GotNews.com Editor Charles Johnson after they became hugely popular by combating mainstream media narratives.

Twitter claimed that Milo had engaged in a campaign of abuse directing hundreds of Twitter accounts to attack Ghostbusters actress Leslie Jones with racist and sexist remarks.

Whether Twitter wants to admit it or not, a few months before the election it engaged in a vicious shadow banning campaign, censoring many high profile accounts that seemed to be centered around one thing politically – Anti-Hillary. Popular author and Dilbert cartoonist Scott Adams and this author’s own account @An0nKn0wledge were shadow banned.

I’ve personally never engaged in any type of harassment or abuse – but I do post a lot of anti-Hillary information.

Twitter also shadowbanned Glenn Reynolds, aka @instapundit and creator of the Instapundit blog, a University of Tennessee law professor and a conservative columnist for USA TODAY; and blocked veteran reporter Mahir Zeynalov after bowing to pressure from Turkish president Erdogan.

While many justify the recent case of Twitter going against “alt-right” accounts because @RichardBSpencer has expressed, for example, “removing African-Americans, Hispanics and Jews from the United States” in a Cleveland’s Ritz-Carlton bar after Donald Trump won the Republican nomination – the idea that Twitter polices accounts based on racism has been blatantly disproven. “Kill all white people” and other blatantly racist phrases have received no punishment whatsoever from Twitter.

Spencer argued “This is corporate Stalinism,” and the oppression of only side of the political equation begs the question – will the government start regulating Twitter as a public utility to protect free speech?
witter has began purging Trump supporting accounts with the banning of actual alt-right leader Richard Spencer and several other major accounts.

This action comes on the same day the social media giant said it would start to crack down on hate speech on it’s platform and introduced a new feature that would allow users to mute certain keywords to stop “bullying” and harassment.

High-profile accounts that were suspended include – @PaxDickinson @PaulTown_ @JohnRiversToo @RadixJournal @RichardBSpencer @npiamerica and @DatRickyVaughn.

In a statement to USAToday, Twitter said: “The Twitter Rules prohibit targeted abuse and harassment, and we will suspend accounts that violate this policy.”

Twitter is really starting to crack down and selectively enforce it’s policy against harassment and abuse with it’s new safety council.

Earlier this year in July, Twitter removed another high profile account that of Milo Yiannopoulos, a technology editor at conservative news site Breitbart. Twitter banned both Yiannopoulos and GotNews.com Editor Charles Johnson after they became hugely popular by combating mainstream media narratives.

Twitter claimed that Milo had engaged in a campaign of abuse directing hundreds of Twitter accounts to attack Ghostbusters actress Leslie Jones with racist and sexist remarks.

Whether Twitter wants to admit it or not, a few months before the election it engaged in a vicious shadow banning campaign, censoring many high profile accounts that seemed to be centered around one thing politically – Anti-Hillary. Popular author and Dilbert cartoonist Scott Adams and this author’s own account @An0nKn0wledge were shadow banned.

I’ve personally never engaged in any type of harassment or abuse – but I do post a lot of anti-Hillary information.

Twitter also shadowbanned Glenn Reynolds, aka @instapundit and creator of the Instapundit blog, a University of Tennessee law professor and a conservative columnist for USA TODAY; and blocked veteran reporter Mahir Zeynalov after bowing to pressure from Turkish president Erdogan.

While many justify the recent case of Twitter going against “alt-right” accounts because @RichardBSpencer has expressed, for example, “removing African-Americans, Hispanics and Jews from the United States” in a Cleveland’s Ritz-Carlton bar after Donald Trump won the Republican nomination – the idea that Twitter polices accounts based on racism has been blatantly disproven. “Kill all white people” and other blatantly racist phrases have received no punishment whatsoever from Twitter.

Spencer argued “This is corporate Stalinism,” and the oppression of only side of the political equation begs the question – will the government start regulating Twitter as a public utility to protect free speech?
wearechange.org...

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I am kind of torn on this. As a private company, they should be able to run it as they see fit. However, the realist in me see the BS that is defined as hate speech these days and sheds a tear at the erosion of free speech and watching it before my very eyes being changed to "acceptable speech". Problem with that, is who defines what is acceptable?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

Freedom of the press is a right.

If a newspaper were to ban certain editorials, and that is kinda what twitter is, what would the results be. Newspapers are private enterprise not the same as twitter but for this talk, it is close.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Someone should tell twitter that dismissing and judging other opinions is precisley what what fueled the movement we are seeing now.

Some people are outraged of this notion everyone has to play ball as we watch the country deteriorate as we auction it off.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker
Fascism in any form, is still fascism.

Someone should tell twitter that dismissing and judging other opinions is precisley what what fueled the movement we are seeing now.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I have actually set up my own social network called retaggr.com... using buddypress very very simple I really dont know why people bother with social networks making the elite super rich and allowing them to censor what they like when they like. You can make your own social network that works BETTER than twitter easy peasy.
edit on 18-11-2016 by thejames because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
seeing that James Woods quits Twitter, that there means something is totally F-up!

Twitter is now a fascist trailer park and belongs in China!
edit on 18-11-2016 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The guys at 4chan will have a hayday with this attack on information. I can see an army of anonymous doing nothing but creating accounts to instigate a ban. Twitter is about to be filled with swastikas.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

The only way I can see the government pissing a corporation to regulate all of their content and banning etc, is to make it law that they supress all hate speech. They are actually promoting one sides hate speech by only banning the other.

But then, what exactly is hate speech...

Maybe unjustly banning people under whatever corporations rules that are not being applied evenly could be illegal.

I don't know I'm just spitballing.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

A competitor should come online soon. A twitter/reddit in one site is preferable as I am sure the_donald is on reddits hit list. The sub has gotten even more popular after the election, unheard of for a candidate sub

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

201. (a) All persons shall be entitled to the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, and privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation, as defined in this section, without discrimination or segregation on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin.

www.citizensource.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Fascism is a word with an actual meaning FTR and it doesn't apply to Twitter having and enforcing a T&C at all. It is a point of fact that Milo led a trolling attack on Leslie Jones and it looked like this:

How many public forums of any type would put up with that?

And how many of you actually use Twitter? The "shadow banning" claims are bogus. I've seen people saying "omg look so-and-so is shadowbanned!" and then when you look, their tweets are plainly visibile. That's not shadow banning. Propbably the biggest allegation is that Twitter manipulates trends and autocompletion to suppress trending hashtags and to cause autocompletes of hashtags with mispellings.

Except the mispelled hashtags are often trending (if Twitter wanted to suppress a hashtag, why not just actually suppress it by having it not show up as trending by any spelling?). Then when you look at the tweets for the mispelled hashtag, the users themselves have in fact mispelled them. So the questions becomes, which came first? The erroneous autocomplete or some idiot's mispelled hashtag that got retweed a couple thousands times (and thereby causing the erroneous autocomplete)? Furthermore, I've personally observed "anti-Trump" hashtags autocomplete with mispellings, so what's that mean?

Fake "victims" whining about "unfair" treatment and using anecdotes like this as evidence:

“Kill all white people” and other blatantly racist phrases have received no punishment whatsoever from Twitter.

edit on 2016-11-18 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

Vote with your feet, or keyboard

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Someone on reddit with a Twitter account posted two things: same language, but one denigrated black people and one denigrated whites: other than the color change the tweet was the same. He then reported both tweets. Guess which one got removed

edit on 18-11-2016 by thegeneraldisarray because: Missed a word.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

A competitor should come online soon. A twitter/reddit in one site is preferable as I am sure the_donald is on reddits hit list. The sub has gotten even more popular after the election, unheard of for a candidate sub

One already is, it is called Gab!

As a matter of fact, that rag called Slate, already wrote a piece on it calling it Racist!!!! roflmao

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
I am kind of torn on this. As a private company, they should be able to run it as they see fit. However, the realist in me see the BS that is defined as hate speech these days and sheds a tear at the erosion of free speech and watching it before my very eyes being changed to "acceptable speech". Problem with that, is who defines what is acceptable?

huh?....ATS defines what is acceptable every day...freedom of the press means they have the freedom TO NOT PRINT LIES.....if you go to some URL and see "news"...it might be wise to check to see if it is fake, that's up to the individual to decide...if you are dumb enough to believe it, THEN THAT'S THE DUMB ASS READERS FAULT!!!......nobody's else's...

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: thegeneraldisarray

here is a screencap of the two tweets you are referring too.

edit on 18-11-2016 by NobodiesNormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I just heard that Twitter is posting the names phone numbers and personal information on the electors who will vote on December 19th. The goal is to attempt to Blackmail them into changing their vote for from Donald Trump to Hillary Clinton.

What is really tragic is that President Barack Obama endorses all of this coercion!

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Nothing new under the sun.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join