It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump...I worked hard to save Lincoln plant...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Mandroid7

Your point??? That doesn't change the fact he's lying...again and taking credit again for things he had nothing to do with.

Actually, it shows you're lying and tried to cover up the full story to fulfill your agenda.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Bluntone22
He was probably under sniper fire while doing it too.

Didn't take long for one of the TCK's to run and protect their Fuhrer. Funny how he couldn't refute that Trump lied.

And here we go with the lefts default response.
Nazi comparisons.

Gunna be fun listening to you butt burnt lefties for the next 4 years.

Not as much fun as watching the chumps who voted for Trump make up excuses everytime he fails. He's already switched on Obamacare and stocking his cabinet with lobbyists, insiders and establishment lapdogs.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
so the OP was wrong, Trump DID stop a plant from moving to Mexico that WAS going there, and yet the OP cant just say, "oops, my bad".

Maybe its because you were snarky and vile and now HAVE to keep face.

BTW, you guys were wrong, Trump won the election.

One more time.

You guys were WRONG. About everything, and TRUMP WON THE ELECTION.

EDIT TO ADD:
Stay hostile towards those who voted for him, while screaming in your echo chamber and he will win the next election too.

Because being pricks about it all went so swimmingly before......

edit on 11 19 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
In the words of Trump, "Stop it!" Nine % of the Kentucky plant production was going to be moved to Mexico, but the plant, according to Ford, was NOT closing and moving to Mexico. It was to be kept open to CONTINUE to make the Ford Escape. The Kentucky plant was NEVER being shut down and its PRODUCTION moved to Mexico. There IS a difference.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

It makes a difference to the 9% of Americans at the plant who were going to lose their jobs.
(or more, depending upon how that division was staffed)

And it matters because Ford management showed confidence that Trump's plans remove the need to move the manufacturing to Mexico, so it could mean that other jobs are saved as well.

edit on 11/19/16 by BlueAjah because: eta

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Elections have consequences.

Barrack Obama

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

According to Ford, no JOBS were going to be lost.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert

According to Ford, no JOBS were going to be lost.

Sure depends on who you read on this one.

I'm just gonna give it a pass - - - cuz I don't think we have the full truth. Either way.

edit on 19-11-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

The Kentucky plant, which currently is tooled to make Ford Escapes, was not going to close and its Escape production moved to Mexico. No jobs were going to be lost. No plant moving to Mexico, no jobs lost.

From a local news source

The tweets caused some confusion, particularly locally, prompting some Ford workers to reach out to WAVE 3 News for clarification.

To be clear, there is no Lincoln-specific plant in Kentucky, as Trump implied in both of the tweets.

The MKC is currently built at the Louisville Assemby Plant, and Ford has made it clear that there were never any plans to close that facility or reduce its workforce. The company has said publicly that it would shift MKC production so that it could produce more Escapes in Louisville.

Ford credited Trump's policies for its decision to keep producing the MKC in Louisville.

"Today, we confirmed with the President-elect that our small Lincoln utility vehicle made at the Louisville Assembly Plant will stay in Kentucky," Ford said in a release issued late Thursday. "We are encouraged that President-elect Trump and the new Congress will pursue policies that will improve U.S. competitiveness and make it possible to keep production of this vehicle here in the United States."

Ford did not want to continue to build the MKC in America, because they were not getting the profit they desired from that model. Hence, go to where production costs, ex. wages, are lower. They wanted to move the MKC to Mexico, so that the plant could produce MORE Escapes, a line profitable to Ford. No plant was going to close, no worker out of a job.

The way I understand it is that Ford did not want to face a Trump tariff on imported vehicles (or car parts that are manufactured outside of the US that would go in US built vehicles), so they made a decision to keep the small MKC production in America more as a gesture of goodwill to Trump and as a future bargaining chip, if Trump were to try the tariff. Ford (and other auto makers) look very carefully at what Washington says it wants to do. This is Ford negotiating their business position with Washington, as American automakers have always done.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

But jobs were going to be created in Mexico.

Why not just stay in the U.S. and open a new plant?

THAT is the issue.

More American jobs created.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Annee, I think that this is a good lesson as to why America has always before chosen leaders who have a basic understanding of business in America. Not just one business but the economy, which encompasses many businesses and the large areas of manufacturing or finance. Trump, my POTUS-Elect, tweeted something of which he seems to lack basic understanding or acumen. It was more of an emotional "Look what I did!" than actual understanding of the business or economic reality. He was given the ball and ran the wrong way with it.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Yes, what you're saying makes complete sense.

They're kind of in a wait and see mode.

They may eventually still move that particular car to Mexico.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Annee, I think that this is a good lesson as to why America has always before chosen leaders who have a basic understanding of business in America. Not just one business but the economy, which encompasses many businesses and the large areas of manufacturing or finance. Trump, my POTUS-Elect, tweeted something of which he seems to lack basic understanding or acumen. It was more of an emotional "Look what I did!" than actual understanding of the business or economic reality. He was given the ball and ran the wrong way with it.

"What will Trump do next"

Not exactly concrete footing for a major business.

Emotional and unpredictable - - great choice for a leader.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

From 2015 June. Obviously the decision was made earlier. It takes over one billion $ to build a new plant. If a company cannot make a profit on the cars it would produce there, it doesn't make business sense to build it. Ford management and UAW union have an agreement to keep production here of certain models, not all.

It would be nice to create vehicle manufacturing jobs here, but it doesn't always make profits for the company. They will turn a profit with any model they build outside of the USA.

The Lincoln MKS is heading out to pasture.

Lincoln plans to cease production of the full-size sedan, which shares its platform with the Ford Taurus, in 2016. The automaker's Chicago Assembly Plant will continue to produce the Taurus, Ford Explorer and their police versions.

"Chicago Assembly Plant is vital to our global manufacturing footprint and will continue to manufacture the Ford Taurus, Ford Explorer and Police Interceptor vehicles even after we phase out production of the MKS in 2016," Ford said in a statement. "We will continue to match production to demand."

Lincoln reportedly plans to replace the MKS with the Continental. The imposing near-production concept made a big splash at the 2015 New York International Auto Show.

source

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Yeah, an easy way out when one is clueless is to say that that is a secret and cannot not be revealed at this time. Like if I ask you what costume you're going to wear for Halloween and you haven't a clue but you reply, "Oh, I'm not going to tell you! I'm going to keep it a secret!"

Agree, emotional and unpredictable makes for great tv drama, but not for economic decisions. .... "Trust me." Where have we heard that before.... "Trust me. You won't get pregnant." haha... or "Trust me. I can't get pregnant." haha

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Ford never claimed any confidence in anything.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Agree, emotional and unpredictable makes for great tv drama, but not for economic decisions. .... "Trust me." Where have we heard that before.... "Trust me. You won't get pregnant." haha... or "Trust me. I can't get pregnant." haha

This is like an "Alternate Un-Reality".

I keep waiting for someone to fix it.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

And we ain't seen anything yet! My heart goes out to coal minors who think that Trump will give them coal jobs. While one small segment of a specialized coal might be in demand, there are several reasons why coal jobs just won't magically come back.

Maybe the only real winners here are not the coal workers but corporations in general who want to get rid of all the regulations. As with the cultural wedge issues of old, the Republican Party seems to have used voters to send politicians to Washington who then will ignore any economic interest of the little people voter and do business as usual with corporations.

The coal miners' hope is that Trump will start infrastructure work. But there is the question of will the GOP Congress spend the money, and if they do authorize work will they do away with the wage rules and Buy America rules, which could allow infrastructure to use Chinese steel instead of American? If the GOP now wants to spend money on infrastructure, why did they wait to do it under Trump and not Obama? Were the American workers and industry somehow less valuable to the GOP back then, to the point of delaying improvement in their lives through work?

Yeah, stay tuned to the premier in January of the "Alternate Un-Reality" Show.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Where have you been living for the past few decades? When did the US last have a businessman in the office of president? We've had far too many politicians for far too long, men used to bowing to party leaders rather than considering what is best for all of the citizens.

Perhaps you have taken a million or so dollars and turned them into a multi-billion dollar empire? If so, you might want to advise Trump on how business works. Perhaps you've created thousands of jobs in dozens of areas. If so, maybe he could use your help.

However, if all you have are sports references, maybe you could take your ball, your blankie and binkie and go sit with the other crybabies.

I'm not a Trump voter but I'm willing to give the guy a chance to at least take office before I begin taking pot shots at him. I appreciate that he acknowledges that those plant workers and the jobs they hold are important to the country. I appreciate that Ford is already talking to the president elect about keeping jobs in the US rather than moving them. Whether or not you want to admit it, we're all in this together. Cheering for the downfall of the leadership before they even take office just seems like such a sore loser. This is the stuff that most of us gave up when we got out of junior high.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

And we ain't seen anything yet! My heart goes out to coal minors who think that Trump will give them coal jobs. While one small segment of a specialized coal might be in demand, there are several reasons why coal jobs just won't magically come back.

In reality, Trump is probably closer to what I want - - then what his supporters think he is.

Trump cares about what Trump wants. Whatever that is. It's certainly not the "little guy just wanting to put food on the table".

I'm more of a Take No Prisoners, Trim the Fat, Get the Job Done person - - - then the majority that voted for him.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join