It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump...I worked hard to save Lincoln plant...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
But, Trump DID talk to them about it. Ford's Executive Chairman said they decided to stay "after talks" with Trump.

Talks With Trump

After Trump’s tweets, the company acknowledged for the first time it had been considering moving production of the MKC to Mexico, allowing the plant to boost output of the Escape, one of its hottest models. After talks between Executive Chairman Bill Ford and the president-elect, the automaker decided to keep building the MKC in Louisville after the UAW’s current contract expires in 2019.

“We had planned to move the Lincoln MKC out of Louisville Assembly Plant,” Christin Baker, a Ford spokeswoman, said in an e-mail, noting the UAW contract signed last year allowed for such a move. "Cuautitlan plant in Mexico was likely the plant for MKC."

Ford, which has expressed a willingness to work with Trump since he was elected, has been in "constant contact" with his transition team, Chief Financial Officer Bob Shanks told analysts Thursday. Ford’s change of heart on moving the MKC to Mexico followed those discussions.

“We are encouraged that President-elect Trump and the new Congress will pursue policies that will improve U.S. competitiveness and make it possible to keep production of this vehicle here in the U.S.,” the automaker said in an e-mailed statement after Trump’s tweets.

www.bloomberg.com...
edit on 11/18/16 by BlueAjah because: spelling

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: fractal5

Poppycock!! Moral relativism!! Confusion. Like: "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."

If you are going to accuse someone of a lie you have to give benefit of doubt, which means generously interpreting statements.

Haven't seen much of that in recent times. Seems to be fine if one is in charge of deciding what Truth is.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

That's amusing since you can easily Google about the 8 billion investment in the four or so factories in Mexico and these articles state the kentucky plant will stay. Even though they were published up to a year ago.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

The Lincoln was never moving. You're being stubborn but that doesn't make what you think true.
And Trumps a liar. All the time.
Funny how that was such a big deal when Hillary told a lie. But this tower of deceit that's ok.

Double standards, overlooking his enormous pile of flaws, brought this monstrosity to the top.
He's vile and disgusting and isn't any more fit to lead this week than he was last week.
But I love seeing washington goppers scramble to kiss his ass after spending the summer trying to defeat him.
Real courage of conviction there.
At least I stand by what I always said.
He's not a leader.
And we're in big trouble with this guy.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Ummm still backpedaling to Hillary I see. Wow even when she's out of the picture.
Amazing. But its nothing to this discussion so

Bye...

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

They didn't scrap it. It's still there and still working and still employing people.
But it's not moving Lincoln there.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Nope sorry but no.
There were no plans and the LIAR LEADER LIED AGAIN.

What an embarassment this is going to be.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Nope sorry but no.
There were no plans and the LIAR LEADER LIED AGAIN.

What an embarassment this is going to be.

Please explain ...

“We had planned to move the Lincoln MKC out of Louisville Assembly Plant," probably to the Cuautitlan factory in Mexico, Christin Baker, a Ford spokeswoman, said in an e-mail.

www.bloomberg.com...

Clearly they WERE looking to move cars and jobs out of Lincoln.

Ford didn’t inform the union of its long-term plans for the MKC before those tweets went out Thursday night, Dunn said.

Boom.
Bye.
Union can thank Trump.
edit on 19-11-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I have already linked several articles from far beyond trumps statement to show this plant was never moving, and they have invested over 8 billion in Mexican factories in the last couple years.

They certainly are not going they he eat an 8 billion dollar investment.

Your fighting over which product the factory produces. That is all.

edit on 19-11-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
From the Ford motor company on the issue via twitter.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

It was bad enough in the past to suffer internationally a label generally applied, "the ugly American". But now I will have to suffer a new label, "the stupid American". .... ok, so maybe wear a shirt while traveling, "I am not one of the stupid Americans" or, "I left my stupid fellow Americans back home" .... gotta laugh....

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I've lived in Dearborn my entire life, (The world headquarters and home of Ford) and the Big 3 are all in SE Michigan. Ford Motor Company is intertwined in our lives and so are many Ford family members, so I'll tell you what Bill Ford said.

Yes, directly from Bill Fords mouth, he still plays senior hockey, drinks beer/burgers, and hangs out with us.

Months ago before Trump became president elect, he decided to have a meeting/dinner with all the CEO's of the big 3 and other large corporations. Trump said: "if I become president I will make it very rough for any Auto plants, or jobs that leave the USA"

I guess there was absolute silence after he made this comment, because these CEO's aren't used to being talked to like that, and they are used to calling the shots. Bill said that Trump sounded serious when he made this comment.

It appears that the CEO's are already starting to march in lock-step with Trump's demands.

edit on 19-11-2016 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
And Ford is saying Trump's POLICY will keep jobs in america. Their words. Not mind.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

“We had planned to move the Lincoln MKC out of Louisville Assembly Plant,” Christin Baker, a Ford spokeswoman, said in an e-mail, noting the UAW contract signed last year allowed for such a move. "Cuautitlan plant in Mexico was likely the plant for MKC."

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Yes, apparently Ford threw Trump a bone with Ford's message. Trump should have understood that the tweet he tweeted was not accurate. The Kentucky plant was not going to move. Bottom line, I dread what else Trump as POTUS would misunderstand and tweet/say inaccurately to boost his ego.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert

Yes, apparently Ford threw Trump a bone with Ford's message. Trump should have understood that the tweet he tweeted was not accurate. The Kentucky plant was not going to move. Bottom line, I dread what else Trump as POTUS would misunderstand and tweet/say inaccurately to boost his ego.

Ford threw Trump nothing. Reread my post. Bill Ford and colleagues were basically crapping themselves, when Trump made his speech months ago.

Trump was already laying constructive groundwork before he won the presidency, while the Clinton's were destroying evidence and making deals with the DOJ.

There's a big difference in Trump and the Clinton's, both are action people, but the Clinton's were spending time cleaning up corrupt messes they perpetrated themselves.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Yes, they sure would crap themselves over Trump's tariff proposals.

Why Ford Set Trump Up To Declare A Fake Victory On U.S. Jobs

Trump in his campaign threatened to impose a 35% tariff on imports from China and Mexico. The scary part for companies like Ford, according to trade experts, is that he could do so without benefit of legislation. “The President does have the authority to do so [impose tariffs] and terminate trade agreements after ‘consulting’ with Congress,” says Linda Lim, Professor of Strategy at The University of Michigan Stephen M. Ross School of Business.

As many pundits and Trump watchers have noted in the weeks since he won the election, Trump’s 35% threat is an “opening bid.” It is a start to the conversation and negotiation with companies who have made huge investments in Mexico and China to bend them to his will, and up their investments in the U.S. He is looking for more gestures like the one from Ford this week to validate his election and give him momentum in his first 100 days.

Ford’s gesture is just that. An actual 35% tariff, while unlikely, is a ruinous enough prospect to get companies scurrying to see what they can do to deflect attention from them by President Trump.

“The consequences of a 35% tariff for the U.S. and world economies would be pretty dire,” added Professor Lim. “American consumers and businesses that depend on imported goods and inputs from Mexico and China would immediately be faced with higher costs and prices, and global supply chains would be disrupted, especially for the auto industry. A trade war would likely result, with the impacted countries imposing retaliatory measures, hurting U.S. exports. There would be revenue losses and eventually business shutdowns and worker layoffs.”

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

www.bloomberg.com...

Ssshhhhh that kills the liberal narrative.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert

Probably nothing in comparison to Hillary, like how she took enemy fire getting off that airplane years ago.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

what a horrible job writing this article.

first there is this:

The company said it had considered moving Lincoln production to Mexico to increase production of the Ford Escape in Louisville.

Then this:

" 'We're going forward with our plan to move production of the Ford Focus to Mexico, and importantly that's to make room for two very important products we'll be putting back into Michigan plants,' Fields said in an interview on the sidelines of the Los Angeles Auto Show. 'There will be no job impact whatsoever with this move.' "Ford Chairman Bill Ford Jr. said last month he met with Trump. Ford has countered Trump's criticism, saying the company, founded by his great-grandfather, makes more cars and trucks in the United States than any other automaker. "Fields said with U.S. gasoline prices so low, 'it's very difficult for us to be able to make money on a vehicle produced in the U.S.' in the small car segment. If Ford decided to build the Focus small car line in the United States, and had to raise the price, 'we wouldn't sell the vehicle.' "

yet the title of the article is this:

Trump Takes Credit For Saving A U.S. Ford Plant That Wasn't Planning To Move

I suppose this is something that only make sense to folks like the OP.

Fantastic. Someone actually read and reflected the info correctly here.
edit on 19-11-2016 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join