It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump...I worked hard to save Lincoln plant...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

He definitely can go full retard but that is why we have congress and other measures to stop him.

Despite me not voting for him or her, his team has pleasantly surprised me with getting rid of Christie's lobbyiest friends. Also his reception by corporate america is somewhat refreshing.

Will see in a few years but with her it would have been business as usual against the middle-class

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
All I see here is a desperate attempt to hide the fact a week and two days later we're already seeing positive things happen before he's even in office.

Companies and production staying, pressure already urging some to come back.

Russia said ties with the US are renewed.

Syria is willing to speak with us again to combat ISIS.

An aggressive stance moving forward on lobbyists.

And Saudia Arabia shi#ing the bed knowing we're about to stop doing business with animals. (Hillary loves Saudia Arabia and their human rights violations)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Correct!!

Ford will continue to make Escapes there. The MKC was 9% of their production there. The rest was the Escape.

Trumpa is trying to either be delusional, lie, or take credit for a business decision he did not make. What a schmuck.

Trump will now become a huge source of false news.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert

Trump will now become a huge source of false news.

And his followers will believe it.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Well yeah we had eight years of deficit spending.

One guy stood up for balancing the budget and was hammered. The other republicans fold to fund their projects.

Trump tax cuts by conservative tax foundations assements leave 10 trillion in revanue from a neutral budget growth over ten years. Every tax cut since 1964 has failed because it gambles everything on a perfect scenario.

No tax cuts until a balanced bus get period or its a gimmick.

The wall. An expensive gimmick. Why not say day one employers I am coming for you. 10 years in jail for any company executives found negligent in backround checks. That's cheap relatively speaking.

Trade wars...uh Walmart becomes pottery barn prices.

These are transitions that go beyond a president and into congress. Donald Trump waving his hands around for four years could be a disaster.

Could it be good. Maybe. I have a little hope but every time a cabinet pick comes out I loose faith.

edit on 18-11-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

that is why we have congress and other measures to stop him.

sigh.... I wish I were as optimistic as you. The following is from 2012, but I suspect that the GOP finally figured out they had an easy mark. Rubio said Trump had small hands, but I think that the GOP finally realized that Trump would still be able to use those small hands to take up a pen and sign their bigly legislation. They then would applaud and say, "Good Boy!" and give him another star.

Grover Norquist on the GOP candidates: All we need is someone who can 'handle a pen'

Pick a Republican with enough working digits to handle a pen to become president of the United States. This is a change for Republicans: the House and Senate doing the work with the president signing bills. His job is to be captain of the team, to sign the legislation that has already been prepared."

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

The gop vs dnc game is a fairytale. The Real game is the gop,dnc,msm,lobbyiest vs regular american citizens.

While i dont trust trump i did like that neither the dnc,gop,msm, or lobbyiest liked him. The gop establishment wasnt exactly on his side and i wouldnt doubt they will not see eye to eye.

While certainly that could be the most epic scam ever pulled to fool the public into voting for him it seems unlikely. Time will tell but getting rid of chrities lobbyist dream team is promising.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

He really said it folks.

It's called a tweet. He tweeted it. In no twilight-zone universe is a tweet an adequate measure of honesty and modesty.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I'll never understand why the average person (who voted for the losing team) seems to want America to fail. Treat all candidates equally, I mean, you don't have a favorite child do you?? Praise their achievements, hold them accountable for their failures. To try and predict how the US is going to fail because your candidate didn't win, seems very petty and small.

Just my two cents.

If Trump had nothing to do with this plant not going South, the company would be the first one to say it. Wouldn't that be good publicity? If he had even a small part in it staying, doesn't that show he is at least trying?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
You are correct, he is already creating jobs.

And you were sure he was going to lose, and you wanted him to lose, even though he is already helping you in ways you couldn't have possibly imagined? I tried to warn you but you wouldn't listen.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: vonclod

Jesus...the plant was never leaving.

Guys???

From a Bloomberg article.

"We had planned to move the Lincoln MKC out of Louisville Assembly Plant," probably to the Cuautitlan factory in Mexico, Christin Baker, a Ford spokeswoman, said in an e-mail."

Yeah, it was leaving around 2019.

www.bloomberg.com...

I'm PRETTY sure that the point that Sillolme is making that you guys are steadfastly refusing to see is that even with that being true it has and had nothing to do with Donald J. Trump, but he took credit for it anyways.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Trump has tweeted...
"Just got a call from my friend Bill Ford, chairman of Ford, who advised me that he will be keeping the Lincn plant in Kentucky...no Mexico..."
Sounds great. He's working already not even in the office yet and he's already bringing back jobs.
He confirmed that by tweeting...
"I worked hard with Bill Ford to keep the plant in Kentucky. I owed it to the great people of Kentucky for their confidence in me."
So magnanimous.
But ut oh....
Turns out there never were plans to send Lincoln to Mexico.
Not at all.

He is lyng again. And self aggrandizing . Taking credit for something he didn't do.
www.npr.org...

Oh it's going to be a fun four years.

www.bloomberg.com [LINK]

Ford builds the Lincoln MKC small SUV at its Louisville Assembly Plant in Kentucky alongside the Ford Escape SUV. Ford had never said it was considering shifting MKC production south of the border. But the company confirmed Friday that it had been “likely” to move the work to Mexico in 2019 when its current contract with the United Auto Workers union expires.

They were “likely” to move the work to Mexico in 2019 when its current contract with the United Auto Workers union expires.
It seems you were a bit selective in what parts of the story you chose to share. And yes I know it's a different source...

dX

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Anybody with a clue about economics knows trump is a disaster. Revanue cuts mixed with increased spending.

Threatening to cut green energy subsidies but leave the 43 billion in oil and gas subsidies.

Throw in steeper trade tariffs to increase cost for the consumers. Brilliant ideas.

Oh and then 2 out of the three major players being given power in cabinet positions have a history of racially charged remarks...

This should go well. Sounds like the swamp is being filled with trash.

So we should've just voted Hillary in then to solve our disaster of an economy?

What was Hillary or any other candidate going to change to bring our economy out of the garbage can?

I think its funny every damn liberal on this site thinks of themselves as the next God of economics. Trump runs an international business and has been manipulating politicians for many years. What have you done with your life for me to believe you over him?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

He was probably under sniper fire while doing it too.

Didn't take long for one of the TCK's to run and protect their Fuhrer. Funny how he couldn't refute that Trump lied.

Other than Ford backed up Trump?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Gunna be fun listening to you butt burnt lefties for the next 4 years.

Well, we have been listening to the butt hurt righties constantly whining about Obama for the last 8 years....

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

Gunna be fun listening to you butt burnt lefties for the next 4 years.

Well, we have been listening to the butt hurt righties constantly whining about Obama for the last 8 years....

And if it was annoying to lefties then are lefties not hypocrites to do it back?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

“We had planned to move the Lincoln MKC out of Louisville Assembly Plant", a Ford spokeswoman, said in an e-mail

Oh, so Trump was telling the truth and haters tried to paint him as a liar. Haters credibility is getting so far in the gutter its going to be hard to click on these threads after this "crying wolf" OP.
edit on 18-11-2016 by fractal5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-11-2016 by fractal5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: fractal5

Moving production of a line out of a plant does not make a plant close down and move.

The Kentucky plant was not going to close down. The plant will continue to make Ford Escapes, 91% of their production.

ETA Trump has no basic understanding of the American auto industry.
edit on 18-11-2016 by desert because: ETA

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Do you really not read at all? Nobody said the plant was closing or leaving. The management did say that they were planning to move a production line to Mexico. Now, with Trump's election, they say they are not moving the production to Mexico---thus saving jobs in Kentucky. Now the folks who were nervous about losing their jobs can relax and get on with their lives. That may not mean much to you but to them it means a great deal. You can type that their jobs weren't in jeopardy all you like, but that's because it wasn't YOUR job hanging.
It is perfectly true that Trump didn't DO anything to cause this change in plans because it's not him running the plant or the country but it is perfectly clear that the leadership of the company is more optimistic about their chances of being able to run their company in a profitable manner under his administration of the country. If you don't understand that, I don't know what to say. He got elected and even before he takes office, there are positive signs in the economy.
I'm not a Trumpster, didn't vote for the man but I'm perfectly willing to give him the same benefit of the doubt that I gave Obama eight years ago. I hope for better things.

You can continue to drone on and on about what an evil, despicable person he is and continue to be miserable because your choice didn't win. Or you can give the guy a chance by waiting to see what he actually does once he takes office before you go spewing your venom rather than playing "Keep 'em divided" game that the Clintons promote. Sore loser are such a bore.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert
a reply to: fractal5

Moving production of a line out of a plant does not make a plant close down and move.

The Kentucky plant was not going to close down. The plant will continue to make Ford Escapes, 91% of their production.

ETA Trump has no basic understanding of the American auto industry.
Which still leaves the Trump statement accurate under a broad interpretation. So, the OP is insignificant. If you are going to accuse someone of a lie you have to give benefit of doubt, which means generously interpreting statements. The saving of one production line could be stated as "saving the plant" in the same way you can save someone even if there were not going to actually die entirely. This is a waste of our time to even talk about. It wasn't a lie under common interpretations of the word "save".

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join