It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump...I worked hard to save Lincoln plant...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

So trump did nothing but Ford hopes they can keep this plant open after 2019 but well have to wait and see about that now won't we?
HAND...
he didn't do that yet.
He's still claiming he did something and he didn't do anything. He didn't save the plant for the great people of Kentucky. It wasn't in jeopardy.
If it is still good in two years we'll talk about what efforts of trumps accomplished that but he hasn't done anything as of yet.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

No

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

You guys are Sooooooo original. Three times sniper fire had been mentioned.
Pathetic.
Look he's still lying. This is not fake news .
Here's a search page pick the source you trust.
Oh it's probably not on Alex Jones info wars or bannons Breitbart. So sorry...

www.google.com... 59j0j4&sourceid=silk&ie=UTF-8

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Anybody with a clue about economics knows trump is a disaster. Revanue cuts mixed with increased spending.

Threatening to cut green energy subsidies but leave the 43 billion in oil and gas subsidies.

Throw in steeper trade tariffs to increase cost for the consumers. Brilliant ideas.

Oh and then 2 out of the three major players being given power in cabinet positions have a history of racially charged remarks...

This should go well. Sounds like the swamp is being filled with trash.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Jesus...the plant was never leaving.

Guys???

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

....NO HOLD ON....
some one SHOT at you ...that makes me very upset...I don't LIKE that kind of rude.....
OH wait ...YOU wouldn't be STUPID enough to live on the wrong side of town and YOU still might think P.C. hasn't died yet.
YOU'RE joshin me ,again ...

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Not a draining , so much as backfilling.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Don't worry he's going to cut taxes to pay for it all. Lol. But our reduced tax obligation will free up cash to pay for those expensive imports so there's that.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Here is what he said, they buried it at the end of your article.

Meanwhile Ford said in a statement to NPR, "Today, we confirmed with the President-elect that our small Lincoln utility vehicle made at the Louisville Assembly Plant will stay in Kentucky. We are encouraged that President-elect Trump and the new Congress will pursue policies that will improve U.S. competitiveness and make it possible to keep production of this vehicle here in the United States."

Wondering how they will do that, by busting Unions, ditching Benefits and paying Mexican level wages. Hooray!
Level the playing field....but not for the Rich.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Production in a car plant might move.... or temporarily close, then re-open.... but the Kentucky plant itself is not closing and moving to Mexico. Trump is taking credit for something that was not going to happen. Ford idles plant production in Mexico, too!

Trump is every bit as delusional as the man who points his finger at a cloud, tracks it with his finger, and declares that he can make the cloud move.

Ford builds the Ford Escape and MKC compact crossovers at the Louisville plant, which employs 4,700. In the automaker’s 2015 contract with the UAW, it agreed to phase out the MKC in Louisville by the end of the contract, which expires in September 2019. Ford said a year ago that was so it could build even more Escapes in Louisville and it did not expect any job losses.
Ford has stressed no American jobs will be lost by its moving production of small cars to Mexico. Since 2011, Ford has added nearly 28,000 jobs in the U.S. and invested $12 billion in U.S. plants, according to Ford’s statement Thursday.

“Ford continues to employ more American autoworkers and produce more American made vehicles than anyone,” the statement read.

Ford plant never moving to Mexico, despite Trump tweets
Detroit News

Perhaps if Trump had paid more attention to the automotive industry over the years than had grabbed pussy, he would understand.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: vonclod

Jesus...the plant was never leaving.

Guys???

From a Bloomberg article.

"We had planned to move the Lincoln MKC out of Louisville Assembly Plant," probably to the Cuautitlan factory in Mexico, Christin Baker, a Ford spokeswoman, said in an e-mail."

Yeah, it was leaving around 2019.

www.bloomberg.com...
edit on 18-11-2016 by Bluntone22 because: link

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I hear you, I'm reading nothing definitive either way..they may have moved the plant.
For them to mention the possibility though makes it seem like they were seriously considering it.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Don't worry he's going to cut taxes to pay for it all. Lol. But our reduced tax obligation will free up cash to pay for those expensive imports so there's that.

Once the bluE collar guys see what it does to them it should really be fun to watch the anger get turned back onto the person promising the moon. I am a conservative fiscal thinker. Love free markets. But it is far more complicated then cutting taxes and imposing trade tariffs.

Hey I already buy William sanoma pots and pans made in the US. But say goodbye to Walmart. I hope everyone likes groceries costing whole foods prices and goods being boutique prices.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Uh no the product was moving not the plant.

Also it doesn't say they aren't going to move into the factory they spent a fortune building in Mexico.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Why are you so concerned with trump? Dont worry about him so much and use your goto clinton defense mechanism and ask youself the same question when you were defending Hillary.

"Why Hasn't he been arrested?" Clearly he is clean as a whistle since he hasnt been arrested by the fbi and passes your defense litmus test.

I didnt care for trump but i do enjoy knowing that hillary and her supporters didnt get there way.
Atleast with trump there is a chance for .001% positive change unlike the 0% chance with hillary.

edit on 491130America/ChicagoFri, 18 Nov 2016 11:49:39 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Uh no the product was moving not the plant.

Also it doesn't say they aren't going to move into the factory they spent a fortune building in Mexico.

If your wife says she's moving a bunch of her stuff to another house, but says she's not leaving you.
well she's leaving you.
A production line was probably leaving and now it's staying.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Why are you so concerned with trump? Dont worry about him so much and use your goto clinton defense mechanism and ask youself the same question when you were defending Hillary.

"Why Hasn't he been arrested?" Clearly he is clean as a whistle since he hasnt been arrested by the fbi and passes your defense litmus test.

I didnt care for trump but i do enjoy knowing that hillary and her supporters didnt get there way.
Atleast with trump there is a chance for .001% positive change unlike the 0% chance with hillary.

This may be true but there was a 75 percent chance clinton just towed the line and took her millions, while trump can actually destroy the economy with his gimmicks.

Ultimately a turd sandwich either way but don't underestimate how much damage a president can do backing out of international trade deals and treaties.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

No. It's just political nonsense.

No company spends serious capital on a factory and then scraps it....Unless your gm and well..they suck.

Does it matter the factory; the building and all its employees are not and never were moving.

Obviously this was a political Cherade.

Does it matter is you make red buttons or silver? I think the point is working. Not what cars get made where. So instead of small cars they get minivans. Who cares. Trump lied.
edit on 18-11-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

link   

You guys are Sooooooo original.

So is that why Hillary lied about the sniper fire thing, she wanted to be original?

Sniper fire lie,lying about taking on her top donor , public vs private lies , bs accomplishments, lying about talking of grandkids on the tarmac with the AG, lying about going to war = good

Questionable article about bringing back jobs = bad

Got it, lol

edit on 101130America/ChicagoFri, 18 Nov 2016 12:10:32 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 121130America/ChicagoFri, 18 Nov 2016 12:12:41 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

link   

Are we really going to have four years of trumpettes standing by every dumb thing he says?

We just had 8 years in the other direction.

How about when the cpi goes off the rails from his genius trade strategy?

Let's look at what our current trade stategy is doing for us.

United States Census Bureau

How about the trillion deficit his tax cuts create annually?

9 Trillion in debt added since Obama entered office. This is fact, unlike your assumption.

Constitutional conservatives should be very concerned by what is coming out of the Trump camp.

Why, because it doesn't have a hard-core liberal stance to it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join