It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump...I worked hard to save Lincoln plant...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Trump has tweeted...
"Just got a call from my friend Bill Ford, chairman of Ford, who advised me that he will be keeping the Lincn plant in Kentucky...no Mexico..."
Sounds great. He's working already not even in the office yet and he's already bringing back jobs.
He confirmed that by tweeting...
"I worked hard with Bill Ford to keep the plant in Kentucky. I owed it to the great people of Kentucky for their confidence in me."
So magnanimous.
But ut oh....
Turns out there never were plans to send Lincoln to Mexico.
Not at all.

He's lying again. And self aggrandizing . Taking credit for something he didn't do.
www.npr.org...

Oh it's going to be a fun four years.
edit on 11182016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
He was probably under sniper fire while doing it too.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Lying worked for him while he was campaigning so why stop now? The guy at the plant is just one of those alt left troublemakers who is trying to make our glorious leader look bad.

+33 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Here is what he said, they buried it at the end of your article.

Meanwhile Ford said in a statement to NPR, "Today, we confirmed with the President-elect that our small Lincoln utility vehicle made at the Louisville Assembly Plant will stay in Kentucky. We are encouraged that President-elect Trump and the new Congress will pursue policies that will improve U.S. competitiveness and make it possible to keep production of this vehicle here in the United States."

link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Its been said nothing happens in politics that wasn't supposed to happen.......I distrust ALL of these parasitic weasels from the git go......
My alarum bells do jangle constantly these days......
Trump seems to be a red herring ........I await the indications to mount up, but im uneasy as hell over the whole farcial election contest.....
Trump has ascended to the throne with a strong mandate for half baked BS, and never really gave any solid platform out
for the voters to examine in any detail.....(nor did Hillary)
He now has carte blanche to do what the Cartel ditates.

link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Didn't take long for one of the TCK's to run and protect their Fuhrer. Funny how he couldn't refute that Trump lied.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

It was tracked that he averages 37 lies a day so one about sniper fire hardly seems worth mentioning huh? . Plus he's the one who's going to lead us. Yay us...

www.politicususa.com...

+23 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

NPR, lol. Right up there with CNN. Here's the complete info:

Source: www.bloomberg.com...

Ford builds the Lincoln MKC small SUV at its Louisville Assembly Plant in Kentucky alongside the Ford Escape SUV. Ford had never said it was considering shifting MKC production south of the border. But the company confirmed Friday that it had been “likely” to move the work to Mexico in 2019 when its current contract with the United Auto Workers union expires.
“We had planned to move the Lincoln MKC out of Louisville Assembly Plant," probably to the Cuautitlan factory in Mexico, Christin Baker, a Ford spokeswoman, said in an e-mail.

STM

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Oh excuse me. I didn't know. It was a set up...of course...

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Meanwhile Ford said in a statement to NPR, "Today, we confirmed with the President-elect that our small Lincoln utility vehicle made at the Louisville Assembly Plant will stay in Kentucky. We are encouraged that President-elect Trump and the new Congress will pursue policies that will improve U.S. competitiveness and make it possible to keep production of this vehicle here in the United States."

Damn it, why did you have to post this? It only goes to support what Trump was saying, not against what he was saying.

Posts like this only bring balance to a debate, what's wrong with you?

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Hey!

Wow!

You actually. . . . . . corrected the record!

(couldn't resist)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Your point??? That doesn't change the fact he's lying...again and taking credit again for things he had nothing to do with.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

what a horrible job writing this article.

first there is this:

The company said it had considered moving Lincoln production to Mexico to increase production of the Ford Escape in Louisville.

Then this:

" 'We're going forward with our plan to move production of the Ford Focus to Mexico, and importantly that's to make room for two very important products we'll be putting back into Michigan plants,' Fields said in an interview on the sidelines of the Los Angeles Auto Show. 'There will be no job impact whatsoever with this move.' "Ford Chairman Bill Ford Jr. said last month he met with Trump. Ford has countered Trump's criticism, saying the company, founded by his great-grandfather, makes more cars and trucks in the United States than any other automaker. "Fields said with U.S. gasoline prices so low, 'it's very difficult for us to be able to make money on a vehicle produced in the U.S.' in the small car segment. If Ford decided to build the Focus small car line in the United States, and had to raise the price, 'we wouldn't sell the vehicle.' "

yet the title of the article is this:

Trump Takes Credit For Saving A U.S. Ford Plant That Wasn't Planning To Move

I suppose this is something that only make sense to folks like the OP.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Yup.
And nope.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
So what hard work did he do?

Just heard he is settling the Trump university case, thought he would never settle..huh.
edit on 18-11-2016 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Didn't take long for one of the TCK's to run and protect their Fuhrer. Funny how he couldn't refute that Trump lied.

And here we go with the lefts default response.
Nazi comparisons.

Gunna be fun listening to you butt burnt lefties for the next 4 years.

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
This thread should be moved to the HOAX bin.

STM

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

Yes right up there. Respected accredited news organization. Take your prejudice of the site elsewhere. It's childish.

But if you insist... it's all over the news so maybe you can let me know which news organizations meet your high level of credibility and I'll research them to see if they've caught this or missed it.
I will be right here. You let me know.

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

WHERE do you live now?
I thought you ran off ...

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Another example of the fake news epidemic.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join