It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The snowflake phenominon

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
This has been building for some time now, children, young adults and even older adults. This unnerving behavior being displayed in the public arenas and at institutions of higher learning, how long must we endure. People are displaying complete psychotic breakdowns, and in ways that are far and above the responses of any sane individuals reasoning.

These are not simply isolated instances, they are nationwide. I can see no way these incidents can fall into any semblance of normalcy. They resemble outright unhinged insanity. Could this behavior be transient, or will it be with us long term and what do we do about it? CAN we do anything about it? It verges on mental illness, if it is not in fact mental illness.

Youtube abounds with videos of these SJW's and disturbed individuals just completely flipping out. At first glance, something to roll your eyes to. But once it sinks in...... an alarming trend that must be dealt with. Parenting might be a factor, and indeed is a likely reason, as is the trendiness of this behavior on college campus.

SO..... I ask you, what's to be done ? Do we ignore it hoping it's only a phase, and learn months from now, it isn't.
Again I ask, what can be done ? It will take a person smarter than I to come up with a solution. And kneejerk reaction will only add fuel to the fire.
I submit the question, What is the remedy ?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I say wait it out.
Those same people will find that once they get a bit older, their complaints are unrealistic and the way they handle situations is juvenile.
I see a lot of people looking back at themselves in 10 years and thinking to themselves how immature they used to be.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
There is a remedy, but it'll never happen. We're witnessing a transition in human relations I believe. I'd imagine that transitions have happened from generation to generation. Elders sitting in front of a barber shop or a store front looking down in disgust at the world and what it's becoming saying "kids these days". Does a younger generation ever gain the complete approval of the older generations?

We've made it a young persons world. We've empowered them to thinking that their opinion is the only opinion that matters and given them the grand stage of the world to shout it from. Colleges allow their students to spend four years protesting a world they know nothing of. Now high school students are walking out of class in staged temper tantrums. My son in 6th grade spent much of the school year discussing politicsinstead of focusing on math and English.

We've backed ourselves into a corner where we can't discipline, we can't correct, and now we can't even educate young people without hurting their feelings.

And to a degree, it's our own fault. We've allowed older politicians to become greedy and infectious. We've seen the Catholic Church commit unspeakable atrocities to the youth. We've contributed to athletes of awful character to become idols to children. Our airways are full of so called music that promotes sex and violence. We numb our minds to fake news and non-reality television. Celebrities are a bigger influence then most parents. It's everywhere, all around us.

In my opinion, we remedy this by cutting the cord. No more internet, television or radio. Pull the satellites down from the skies. People need to learn to be people again. Learn to work for a living. Shape their minds and bodies on things that matter. Grow a garden, learn to be crafty and use our own minds instead of the minds that the media and governments force us to use.

That's my remedy anyway.
edit on 18-11-2016 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Disgusting right? They have emotions and shamelessly show them in public! I'm afraid the only option we have is euthanasia.
The question is whom? Those having these feelings or the ones offended by them?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlotusSO..... I ask you, what's to be done ? Do we ignore it hoping it's only a phase, and learn months from now, it isn't.

The Draft!!!

kidding, but I think first off, a discussion on what is the difference between say, someone who would fight for actual issues involving equality (egalitarianism is a good thing. it is desperately needed in places like middle east and such), verses a hyper-offended sjw flipping out over microaggressions and how everything is sexist/racist/homophobic/transphobic/islamaphobic/ablephobic/phobiaphobic/phobaphobaphob...etc

the problem is here that since sjw is a thing..and a term meant to be offensive, you got the other end of the spectrum that will call anything and everything that is even remotely "PC" or even just respectful as being a sjw snowflake, etc.

"nothing wrong with being gay, you can love who you want"
"You damn sjw! go cry a river, libtard snowflake"
"...you wot m8?"

So a firm stance on what is just someone caring and sensitive verses sjw needs to be established for most to comprehend. wanting to change laws is most certainly sjw area...shaming men into liking women, shaming white for simply being white, etc..the attacking of people because of simple biological traits is absolutely sjw area.

Saying black people are oppressed and need things like AA...can be argued to be in SJW area...this is where it gets gray because black people aren't oppressed. poor people are...and the argument then is that black people = automatically poor people, and that poop is racist and steotypical..also it enforces a victim complex and when you feel you are a victim by default, you aren't going to try to get out of the hole as easily as someone smacked the back of your head, told you you can do anything, and stop feeling sorry for yourself.

remedy...call out bs when you see it with facts.
when the sjws are in full retard mode, put a video camera in their face and upload it. the public will see this and find it and the undercurrent that causes this mentality repulsive and know how to react..avoid the cult of regressivism

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Disgusting right? They have emotions and shamelessly show them in public! I'm afraid the only option we have is euthanasia.
The question is whom? Those having these feelings or the ones offended by them?
I can appreciate that, after I did ask the question. Do we become 'Idiocracy' or 'Lord of the Flies' then...?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82
There is a remedy, but it'll never happen. We're witnessing a transition in human relations I believe. I'd imagine that transitions have happened from generation to generation. Elders sitting in front of a barber shop or a store front looking down in disgust at the world and what it's becoming saying "kids these days". Does a younger generation ever gain the complete approval of the older generations?

This isn't "kids these days" though, its a mentality that you can spot in sure, millennials, but also in their teachers and elders. it hits all the ages.

Steve Shives, Anita Sarkeesian, Lacy Green, Cher, Wil Wheaton, Shaun King, Ben Affleck (of whom I love as a actor..just dude, shut the hell up already about politics...be batman, not quackman), I could go on, but point is, its not a age or generation thing, its a sort of culty pseudo-religion thing being pushed.

And the problem is, unlike say, the other end of the spectrum with the most intolerable jackasses like David Duke and other racists, sexists, etc...their stuff is mainstream. theirs is the default as to what is considered "good" or rather "progressive"..to shout down males, to shout down "toxic whiteness", etc etc.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Well if everyone is going down your way "paranoid alarmist" sounds right, if you need a striking headline.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I am in an ever changing world I can never hope to understand. And the morals and values I grew up with seemingly thrown to the wind, so I wonder if it's generational or the collapse of society into complete decay?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Yeah, big difference in showing emotion in public, to acting like a 3 year old in a toy store, being told he can't have the toy he wants.
If they want to sit down and talk about their feelings, great. Do so.
If they want to scream and cry in the middle of a highway, disrupting my right to travel? Nope.

Others are right. We did this. No keeping score, no losers in the game, no punishing your children.

As far as how to fix it? Leave em, and start with the young. Teach them the way we used to be taught. Life isn't fair. You have to work hard for what you want, and you should feel proud in doing a good job. We need to learn from our mistakes, that is for sure.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

It's not that bad can you imagine what people growing up in the 1920's went through when there suddenly were hippies everywhere?

a reply to: chiefsmom

Society is always changing. You could join the Amish if you want to live like in "the good old days".

edit on 18-11-2016 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Then consider the harm to themselves. They have effectively taken themselves out of the workforce in ever increasing numbers, and into unemployable states. Another burden on the communities they live, and the country as a whole. a reply to: Peeple

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Good then they won't have such a hard time adjusting if more and more jobs are done by robots and computers.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Yes, Hippies was a big thing. Just a bit prior to Woodstock and more or less ending around mid 70's. I remember going to Vietnam in 70 at the height of the Hippie movement, and being discharged in Germany 1973, coming home wondering where all the Hippies had gone ?a reply to: Peeple

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Then why do you assume this is such a big issue?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I don't wish a personal dialogue, rather a host of varying opinions. Take no offence, I seek more of a explanation of the climate by a cross section of our members.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple And you dismiss it ? Fair enough, but it is happening nationwide, not just as inconsequential pockets in obscure locals.
Re-quote
"I am in an ever changing world I can never hope to understand. And the morals and values I grew up with seemingly thrown to the wind, so I wonder if it's generational or the collapse of society into complete decay?"

And perhaps my opinion has become outdated? not progressive enough.
Never the less, with it I will abide.

edit on 18-11-2016 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-11-2016 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

So did the hippies. You really have no point besides "I'm old and the world is changing".
No offence

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

LOL yeah, the good old days, where they kept score in soccer. Try not keeping score in the NFL

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
You deflect... There is a real social problem manifesting, it's not about me, it's about the current state of affairs and the irrational behavior arising from all corners of America. And with destructive consequence. People from every age group are indeed concerned.

<<   2  3 >>

join