It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The North Pole is an insane 36 degrees warmer than normal as winter descends

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Does their morality rating go up for every coal fired plant that they build?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

See. You can try and try to paint China as the bad guys, and sure they probably are hiding hypocrisies in their own country, but at least they are willing to come to the table. The US is about to pull away from the table. Nothing you say here will change that fact.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

As a citizen of Ontario, who now pays for cap and trade, carbon taxes, million dollar wind mills built so that we can give away 500 KW to the United States and Quebec every month, with citizens who are now facing food insecurity because they have to choose between eating and heat....all I can say is.....

Thank God the nightmare is almost over! Free at last, free at last!

Now, we will see just what kind of consensus CACW really had, as scientists can now speak out without fear!

Tired of Control

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

Free at last? How so? Ontario isn't part of the US. Canada is still a firm believer in AGW.
edit on 18-11-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

oh that will change very shortly. The progressive liberals that destroyed manufacturing in Ontario, turning us from the economic engine of Canada to a have-not province and condemned us to pay billions of "free" green energy debt are coming up for election in 2 years.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

"Climate change already impacting most processes on Earth."

quote: International Business Times - November 16, 2016

www.msn.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

Climate change consists of an increase of 0.8 degrees celcius above average over the last 30 years. The 1 degree change occurred during an El Nino.

Alarming 'studies" are just what they are meant to be .....alarming.

But to put it in perspective ...0.8 degrees C above average accumulated over the last 30 years... Really??

Does your common sense not tell you that if the earth, our bodies and bodies of other species was so very fragile to temperature change, then we all would have died out in the maunder minimum and the great warming.

Does your common sense not tell you that the ideal global temperature is not a single point but obviously a range of temperature?

I call the study "codswallop".

As for the sea rising....there are many many factors that change the level of the sea...earthquakes, heavy development on limestone, tectonic plates.

As with all of that, they figure that 7.8 inches is catastrophic! On warming that is mostly caused by natural factors. Man made warming is only a percentage of the total warming.

Oh and by the by..your link is to a journalistic report. There is no link to the actual study. How do you know that the journalist didn't jazz it up a bit to make the headlines and capture attention.

With all the revealing of "fake news" don't you think you should at least read the study itself before you come to any conclusions.

There has been no subject more biased to alarm than CACW. You really need to be more discerning.

And on top of all of that, if there is one thing we have learned, its that measuring temperature is complicated business and there is a money motive to adjustments that all adjust the temperature record upward and to "hide the declines".

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Here try this [url=https://earth.nullschool.net/#2016/11/18/2100Z/wind/surface/level/anim=off/overlay=temp/orthographic=257.31,109.96,643/loc=148.635,63.196]link[/u rl]...current temp as of this post close to the north pole -32 degrees celcius , that's minus 28 Fahrenheit, feel better now?

edit on 11/18/2016 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/18/2016 by whatnext21 because: Link won't paste, oh well

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: whatnext21
Here try this link...current temp as of this post close to the north pole -32 degrees celcius , that's minus 28 Fahrenheit. Feel better now?

I'm not trying to defend nor denigrate anyone, but that fact doesn't really help much.

Departures from normal are as equally as important as current readings. The tough part is coming to some accord on what precisely is normal.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Riffrafter

Can't keep saying that Climate Change is a hoax. Reality is starting to catch up with the deniers.

No one denies its actually happenning remember? but its not as serious as its portrayed to be. Also to think its man made is Arrogance of the highest order.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Also to think its man made is Arrogance of the highest order.

I think often the press, and even some scientists run amok with over speculation and their core modeling systems without taking enough margin for error into account. It leads to assumptions like you've just stated.

In my opinion, the prevailing wisdom should always be "We as humans, certainly don't help the situation"

However, I'm not sure a lot of people can grasp the type of energy that would need to be imparted to affect even the slightest of change, nevermind a change on the order of even 1 degree celcius.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Can't keep saying that Climate Change is a hoax. Reality is starting to catch up with the deniers.

No one denies its actually happenning remember? but its not as serious as its portrayed to be. Also to think its man made is Arrogance of the highest order.

Oh, sorry, I didn't realise you were a climate scientist, and yes, there are plenty of climate change deniers here at ATS.

climate.nasa.gov...

Global climate change has already had observable effects on the environment. Glaciers have shrunk, ice on rivers and lakes is breaking up earlier, plant and animal ranges have shifted and trees are flowering sooner.

Effects that scientists had predicted in the past would result from global climate change are now occurring: loss of sea ice, accelerated sea level rise and longer, more intense heat waves.

edit on 18-11-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

You do understand (for clarity) the difference between outright denying its happening, from debating the anthropogenic element's role in it, correct?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

I understand very well, and the science on anthropogenic climate change has been clear for a long time.

Climate change denial runs deep here, especially apg climate change. Look at the nonsensical theories pushed as evidence, and try to understand the real science.

ATS has become a place where a lot of members now openly embrace click bait garbage that fits their own worldview and ignores (or fights) anything that does not.

A lot of my own views have changed in the time since I've been here, and not necessarily in a way I would have liked or expected, but facts trump fantasy.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold

I understand very well, and the science on anthropogenic climate change has been clear for a long time.

Climate change denial runs deep here, especially apg climate change. Look at the nonsensical theories pushed as evidence, and try to understand the real science.

ATS has become a place where a lot of members now openly embrace click bait garbage that fits their own worldview and ignores (or fights) anything that does not.

A lot of my own views have changed in the time since I've been here, and not necessarily in a way I would have liked or expected, but facts trump fantasy.

What a fitting username. OOh its NASA so its automatically right and not biased at all!!(EXTREME SARC) Nasa is looking for more funding dollars and as long as that is their motive i dont believe em.

Science that is "settled" isnt science at all. Its opinion.

Once again I NEVER DENIED CLIMATE CHANGE. Its a NATURAL OCCURRANCE,and it IS arrogance to say HUmans are the sole cause.
edit on 16000000pppm by yuppa because: rewording

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

please remember that water freezes at 0 degrees C. That we had an unusually strong El Nino. The jet stream was pushed north because of the temperature difference between the north and tropical latitudes caused by the El Nino.

Also remember that the artic was just as warm during the 1930's.

Of course, knowledge of natural jet stream behavior is lacking. The jet streams are a fairly knew discovery. And we just don't know what we don't know. The Pacific Decadel Oscillation was only discovered in the mid-1990s.

www.weatheronline.co.uk...

jet streams were analysed for how they affect flight, not weather in the North Pole but they do meander based on temperature differences. Just like it meandered south of equator not too long ago and caused a kerfluffle.

www.washingtonpost.com...< br />
A warmer than normal North Pole is the lingering result of a stronger than normal El Nino. Nothing more.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

What a fitting username. OOh its NASA so its automatically right and not biased at all!!(EXTREME SARC) Nasa is looking for more funding dollars and as long as that is their motive i dont believe em.

Science that is "settled" isnt science at all. Its opinion.

Once again I NEVER DENIED CLIMATE CHANGE. Its a NATURAL OCCURRANCE,and it IS arrogance to say HUmans are the sole cause.

No matter how many times you repeat that climate change (the type being discussed here) is a natural occurance, it doesn't make you right. All caps, ad-homs, and insults give you even less credibility if that's possible and further outline the wholesale embracing of ignorance that goes on around here.

I give a lot more credence to NASA's findings than some random on an internet forum.

And yes, the science of APG is a lot more settled than any other nonsensical theory I've seen you or other users come up with.

edit on 18-11-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

First snow in the Los Angeles Mountains 11-17-2016. Ski resorts will start making snow next week and prepare for opening December 3 timeframe. This is earlier than usual.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

The science on it has not been clear for a long time. The science that is based upon models that may or may not represent reality is all that has been clear. For the sake of this discussion, we shouldn't really mix up the two.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join